• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/06/13)

will install this and do a small video on it tomorrow.
question before hand. I already modified the system apk to my liking. But when i go to modify the framework i see
twframework-res
does that them come after the og framework? (does it override the framework-res)
I want to do my personal theming but dont know which takes effect first/last.

Thank you op for sharing you rom. Never tried shabby but his "looks" bloated and too heavily themed..But thanks shabby for making a rom aswell. Respect. :)

thanks

edit:
so after unpacking the twframework-res
is that touchwiz framework? looks like it...this phone never came with touchwiz did it...if it didnt why have that extra framework then?

Upvote 0
will install this and do a small video on it tomorrow.
question before hand. I already modified the system apk to my liking. But when i go to modify the framework i see
twframework-res
does that them come after the og framework? (does it override the framework-res)
I want to do my personal theming but dont know which takes effect first/last.

Thank you op for sharing you rom. Never tried shabby but his "looks" bloated and too heavily themed..But thanks shabby for making a rom aswell. Respect. :)

thanks

edit:
so after unpacking the twframework-res
is that touchwiz framework? looks like it...this phone never came with touchwiz did it...if it didnt why have that extra framework then?

framework-res.apk is the only framework you would have to theme

I'll probably remove the touchwiz frameworks from the rom in the next update if i don't find any bugs with them removed

Upvote 0
thanks for answering blooddawn...
are there any updates you are currently working on right now?

btw can this rom be installed without doing an ext partition? if so is there loss of performance?

yea I'm working on 1.2

the rom doesn't create any partitions, it formats the system, cache, data partitions on the phone from rfs to ext4 to increase performance

Upvote 0
yea I'm working on 1.2

the rom doesn't create any partitions, it formats the system, cache, data partitions on the phone from rfs to ext4 to increase performance
So i cant use the ext4/swap partition on my sd card to improve performance?

btw anything you are currently implementing that you can say or is it just performance enhancements/fixes?

Upvote 0
So i cant use the ext4/swap partition on my sd card to improve performance?

btw anything you are currently implementing that you can say or is it just performance enhancements/fixes?

you can use A2SD or link2sd or do whatever you want with your sdcard, the kernal supports it. but the rom doesn't automatically do any of it for you.

i dunno what all will be in 1.2 yet. so far just some more stuff removed and a few changes to boost performance

Upvote 0
this rom is FANTASTIC...super speedy...bloat free...love it
one thing i found was that gallery was pulled but adding it back using root explorer was fine.
Other thing is when i search the market for flash i cant find it..going to market site said it was incompatible..whats up with that...ill try to find an apk to sideload it.

edit: was searching for flash on the boards
so the cpu never could handle flash properly and the offcial isnt supported but a modified one does work....this right?

have a link to modified flash player
thanks once again

edit 2: found the apk...for anyone else this is an arm6 cpu and flash wont work correctly so a modifed apk was made but its only 10.2

once again thank you bloodawn...:)

Upvote 0
this rom is FANTASTIC...super speedy...bloat free...love it
one thing i found was that gallery was pulled but adding it back using root explorer was fine.
Other thing is when i search the market for flash i cant find it..going to market site said it was incompatible..whats up with that...ill try to find an apk to sideload it.

edit: was searching for flash on the boards
so the cpu never could handle flash properly and the offcial isnt supported but a modified one does work....this right?

have a link to modified flash player
thanks once again

yea this works WORKING ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR ARMv6 (ARM 11)

Upvote 0
It's all set up. I just have to figure out why the zip won't flash. I may not have done it right. I'm too anxious to see if it works. How would I go about inserting my own custom wallpaer like you did in your rom?

I unzipped the folder your rom came in borrowed a few thing things and changed a few other things, but my folder and file structure is the same as your zip was: META-INF, then system, and the boot.img

Upvote 0
It's all set up. I just have to figure out why the zip won't flash. I may not have done it right. I'm too anxious to see if it works. How would I go about inserting my own custom wallpaer like you did in your rom?

upload the zip and give me a link to it

wallpaper is in framework-res

Reactions: The~Skater~187
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones