• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/06/13)

i got Talk.apk fixed, I'll probably have a new removedapps.zip uploaded in a hour or some shit. gonna see if theres anything else i need to fix in it.

Blood, you're absolutely amazing. Thank you for all the work you've put into this!

One quick question - The original Gallery3D app - is there something in your ROM that prevents that from being used in this version? I've added it back with apkinstaller along with several other apps. I was able to use it side-by-side with QuickPic in 2.3, but now it's won't show as a usable app.

Again, many thanks!

Upvote 0
my friend lost a number, but after the flash its all gone...or course..

Is there a way with cwmod to recovery just the call log?

or can i plug it into computer and explore a file thats already been backedup, that i can extract, and view call log?

went to boost.com
then account activity...
all it shows is OUTBOUND..not inbound/incoming calls

rather just grab one of the backups i did, extract and see it...
but, if i can, what folder and where?

Upvote 0
my friend lost a number, but after the flash its all gone...or course..

Is there a way with cwmod to recovery just the call log?

or can i plug it into computer and explore a file thats already been backedup, that i can extract, and view call log?

went to boost.com
then account activity...
all it shows is OUTBOUND..not inbound/incoming calls

rather just grab one of the backups i did, extract and see it...
but, if i can, what folder and where?

you can just make a backup of the current setup, restore to the old backup, get the number then restore back

Reactions: NosTraDomus
Upvote 0
I've been through all the posts here and at the koumakernel's posts, but I'm confused about the different changes now. I just did a new setup on my phone and have:
CTMod 2.5
KoumaKernel 1.2
Sandisk 16GB class 4 -2048 partition/0 swap

Right now I have no apps installed, all is fine. I like how this setup works as far as the apps installing to/running from the card's partition but from what I now understand the new CTMod 3.2 removes that.

If I install the new 3.2 then do I need to reinstall kk1.2 again to get the apps2sd function again?, or how does this relate to the new kk2.0 with this new 3.2 mod since the new kernel splits your sdcard into 3 partitions?

I might be reading into this wrong, can you guys explain to me what the difference is, or how this new setup works with the 3-partitions or maybe what would be the best combination for me between the two, or should I just stay where I'm at?

thank

Upvote 0
I'll give you an example with what I'm running at the moment .
I'm running CTMod 3.2 with KK 2.0 . You really don't have to do it the way I did it but I know it's done correctly when I start from scratch .

Before I did anything , I made a backup of my apps using Titanium Backup .

I'm running a 16gb card .

First off , I installed CTMod 3.2 rebooted then went in to CWM and partition my card to 1024mb and 0 swap . I then let it reboot and added KK 2.0 to my sdcard . Then I went in to recovery mode and installed KK 2.0 and rebooted . I then downloaded Titanium from the Market and installed my app backup .

My internal is not showing the 1024 partition but it's there because when I installed Angry Birds Rio which is 19.49mb's , my internal space only shrunk aprox. 5 mb's . ;)

As for the " Secret Partition " I'm still a little in the dark myself . I'm sure Kouma will explain it further shortly .

Upvote 0
anyone having trouble with a2sd? cant get it to install the gui. (yes i mount data and system before flashing). I tried dling from market. seemed to work ok when i moved dalvik to sd-ext and it says apps are on sd but i got a low memory warning when i restored my apps with TB. Memory was only used on internal nothing went to sd-ext according to TB. Finally got apps to move by usin the reinstall command with terminal emulator. Apps installed later still went to internal. Any idea whats wrong?

Upvote 0
guys, If you have a question about KoumaKernel, A2SD or whatever, if its not included in the rom, then please post it in their thread.

I'm going to answer these one last time:

I don't know anything about link2sd.

dta2sd works, I installed and tested it on 3.2 and didn't have any problems.

think of the kernel that comes with the rom as the stock kernel, only better. If you want your stuff moved to the sd partition then install a different one, simple as that.

Upvote 0
guys, If you have a question about KoumaKernel, A2SD or whatever, if its not included in the rom, then please post it in their thread.

I'm going to answer these one last time:

I don't know anything about link2sd.

dta2sd works, I installed and tested it on 3.2 and didn't have any problems.

think of the kernel that comes with the rom as the stock kernel, only better. If you want your stuff moved to the sd partition then install a different one, simple as that.

Couldn't have put it better myself

Upvote 0
Did i read somewhere within the thread about a volume fix. I may be confusing this information with one of the many other threads and forums im involved with.

I only ask because my wife complained today of low volume with messages. Shes been having the issue since 3.2 flash, and i never heard her complain when running legacy versions of tits.

Again, thank you for your dedication to the advancement and utilization of the prevail and its capabilities.

-Aaron

Upvote 0
Just wanted to thank Blood again for putting together such a great bit of work for the Prevail. I've now got my girlfriend hooked. After seeing my Prevail she bought one for herself, and demanded I flash it to CT within a week.

We are both now running 3.2 with Darktremors A2SD (I like the GUI). No problems since updating with Blood's fixes for removed apps last night.

My girlfriend's is now relatively "stock" CT3.2 with a few apps added back in. I've changed things a lot more on mine.
I've removed Zeam Launcher and the file manager.
Added as system apps:
Go Launcher
File Expert
Titanium Backup
Juice Defender
No Lock

Everything seems to work well, and it's nice and snappy.

Again, Thanks to Blood and Koumajutsu and all you others who contribute skills, ideas and time!

Upvote 0
Hey kouma,
I changed the SD card I was using.
To the 2gb that comes with the phone.
And it still couldn't use the 512mb of sd-ext
Is there something that could be blocking the SD next from work I g properly?
I got the newest kernal you have.

Do you have this app? : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm

if not get it

then run it and runt he following commands and copy down what they put out.
Bring that info to the KK thread and post it there.
Command 1:
mount
example:
Code:
# mount
mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (ro,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
none on /acct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
tmpfs on /mnt/asec type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
tmpfs on /mnt/obb type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
/dev/stl14 on /cache type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)
/dev/stl13 on /data type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /data/app type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 on /data/dalvik-cache type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)
/dev/stl12 on /system type ext4 (ro,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)
none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)
/dev/block/vold/179:1 on /mnt/sdcard type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/vold/179:1 on /mnt/secure/asec type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure type tmpfs (ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000)

Command 2:
df
example:
Code:
# df
df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                   145180        80    145100   0% /dev
tmpfs                   145180         0    145180   0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs                   145180         0    145180   0% /mnt/obb
/dev/stl14               95744      4172     91572   4% /cache
/dev/stl13              163768     30564    133204  19% /data
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2   1909960    111872   1798088   6% /data/app
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3   1910160    115200   1794960   6% /data/dalvik-cache
/dev/stl12              164272    100404     63868  61% /system
/dev/block/vold/179:1
                       3873268    770056   3103212  20% /mnt/sdcard
/dev/block/vold/179:1
                       3873268    770056   3103212  20% /mnt/secure/asec

I ran these from ADB because it's easier to copy and paste from. but it's harder to use for other people

If you see the lines that say /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 then your card is working and you're not looking in the right place to check it :)

Upvote 0
Hey kouma,
I changed the SD card I was using.
To the 2gb that comes with the phone.
And it still couldn't use the 512mb of sd-ext
Is there something that could be blocking the SD next from work I g properly?
I got the newest kernal you have.
Kouma was nice enough to answer this post in Bloods CTMod thread, but just as Blood just said a couple posts up, you should be talking about this in Koumas thread. Just a heads up.

Reactions: Rarewolf
Upvote 0
ok i got ct3.2 in and did the volume fix and its working great i then titanium restored my crap...now 1 question i had some text messages i wanted from before i 3.2 my phone is there any way to restore my text messages received ... what folder would i restore from my back ups i have cwm back up and titanium back up...any help would be nice..thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones