• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/07/13)

Love this ROM but I'm having one frustrating issue with the camera. It works, but only about 15-20% of the time. Other times it gives an error and says cannot connect to camera. I have no other camera apps installed and it was working fine for an hour or so, then suddenly went quirky. I find that if I wait awhile after closing the camera app it seems to turn on more reliably, so it's almost like the app isn't actually letting go of the camera or something when you close it. Or the O.S.. Anyways help would be appreciated as it's the ONLY thing that isn't working right for me.

Yes, I re-flashed the ROM, yes I tried a factory reset, yes I tried fixing permissions.

Upvote 0
Love this ROM but I'm having one frustrating issue with the camera. It works, but only about 15-20% of the time. Other times it gives an error and says cannot connect to camera. I have no other camera apps installed and it was working fine for an hour or so, then suddenly went quirky. I find that if I wait awhile after closing the camera app it seems to turn on more reliably, so it's almost like the app isn't actually letting go of the camera or something when you close it. Or the O.S.. Anyways help would be appreciated as it's the ONLY thing that isn't working right for me.

Yes, I re-flashed the ROM, yes I tried a factory reset, yes I tried fixing permissions.

Did you try setting your phone down, shaking your finger at it in an angry manner, and yell at it to behave? :p

Just kidding.......if only it were that easy.....

Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0
Verson 3.70
Switched the base to Sprint FG11
Added a version for Sprint
Most previous issues should be fixed (If the camera still says failed to connect try toggling on and off the Flashlight widget in the notification window, if that doesn't fix it go to the Quickpanel settings and disable Flashlight then go to Manage applications in settings and clear Camera data and reboot)
Updated GooManager to newest version
Updated post #2 with some extra info

sending/receiving MMS for boost hasn't been tested so hopefully it works.

edit:added more info on the camera

Upvote 0
The camera "did" mess with me a lil again, but I think I got it now! Hooray! I did like you said Blood about disabling the flashlight in quickpanel settings. that helped, but not quite all the way, then I downloaded "Tiny Flashlight app" cuz I like having a flashlight on my phone, & the camera & video haven't screwed up on me at all! Wow! I would've never guessed it had to do with the flashlight! So I believe it's fixed! I'm really liking this rom even more now lol! Oh yeah I'm glad you released the removed apps, I was missing the email a lil & I like the genie widget too! So once again Thank You Blood for your hard work!

Upvote 0
Now that this Rom is kickin' ass lol, I'm hoping that someone that knows about theming (cuz I don't know LoL!) can get those Prevail Themes over to this phone (with permission from those guys of course!) I checked them out & they are Freakin' Baddass! Any one of those would look gr8 on this phone. So are there any themers out there?

Upvote 0
thats the way ctmod is for every phone. theres a script for it but I don't know if it works on this phone.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...496242-script-dm-cm7-ctmod-update-2-10-a.html
I don't no scripts so I tried what Xruptor said in that link post #37 & it didn't work. Another thing is that since the 2.3.6 update we couldn't connect to the com port. So I found that if you go into CWM and just stay there you can get the com port to connect. http://androidforums.com/transform-...037-writing-prls-your-2-3-6-now-possible.html But right now with this rom I can't even access Diag mode.

Upvote 0
hey dudes - when this rom comes out, would i be able to restore my data from titanium, coming from the rooted ff27 updated rom? or would it causes issues, force-closes, etc?

thanks ;)

the rom is already out. and I don't recommend restoring apps or data, especially coming from a different rom.

Reactions: bobcan13
Upvote 0
I'm having those playback issues again. Lets say I play an album, track one will play then once its done instead of playing track 2 it gives me the same error as before and skips a few tracks and plays them. Idk how to make one of those log things if not I'd post one. There's also an issue on the stock music player when on the Artists tabs. It just force closes.

Upvote 0
The speak to type/text feature doesn't work either. It just stays on this screen:
screenshot-1346550246821.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones