• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Cyanogenmod 10.1 nightlies Nexus 7 Grouper and Tilapia

why when im flashing it it says md5 check not found im using twarp reco

Try to redownload it. Could be a bad download. I've not run into that. Also make sure your md5 checksum matches what's on the site. There's a app on the store to generate your md5 I think its called something like afv (android file verifyer) and its a alien looking icon. Let me jump on my computer and I'll look it up.

heres the link to AFV. does it still flash or does it error out and fail?

Upvote 0
Its looking for an md5 file to confirm the zip its just downloaded isn't corrupt or incomplete. If you download the latest update from get.cm, you can download the file along with the zip. The option isn't there if you use the CM Updater.

im not seeing a md5 file to download on get.cm? it only shows the md5 in plain text. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Try to redownload it. Could be a bad download. I've not run into that. Also make sure your md5 checksum matches what's on the site. There's a app on the store to generate your md5 I think its called something like afv (android file verifyer) and its a alien looking icon. Let me jump on my computer and I'll look it up.

heres the link to AFV. does it still flash or does it error out and fail?

It says success but still don't show md5 I'm on the ROM as in right now

Upvote 0
Omg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359175492199.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359175492199.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0
Its pretty good but it lags a lil bit I think I need to flash another kernel

Hmmm thats weird. I havent had a problem with it at all.

Is it there a way to get the 3d YouTube just like on paranoid android?

I'm not sure I've never flashed paranoid android. You could maybe pull the apk from PA and inject it into the system on CM? When you update with cmupdater it might get overwritten tho...

Upvote 0
i extracted the youtube app from the paranoid android gapps from thisthread and put it on my system. it didnt look any diferent than it did except it updated right away. after i uninstalled the updates it just looked like the old youtube app with no 3d. am i missing something? im not sure i know what you mean about the 3d youtube app.

I think its only on the paranoid customization settings when u change somethin in the it makes app look like 3d

Upvote 0
Nice!

I copied over settings.apk , paranoid settings and systemui.apk and it force closed on systemui.apk i just flashed over PA to see how it works (remember I'm not a dev by any means) and am checking it out to see what its all about. Still cant find a 3d YouTube tho :thinking:

U haven't seen it? Or u cannot find a way to do it lol if u haven't seen it got to the atr sticky and check the pa ROM and go down and ull see how to do it on it and I think its by changing the size of it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones