1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Motion 4G LGMS770 (l0)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PlayfulGod, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Stefania

Stefania Newbie

hey i was installing this rom but i forget to install the gapps so i don't have the google apps and i was trying to get back into recovery to install the gapps and i get this ( security error moringcall is empty ) im using lte2recovery.apk... or is there and other way to install gapps without reinstalling the romcan someone help me

2. hammerdroid

hammerdroid Well-Known Member

one of the reasons that I on rooted my phone was for the lack of communication regarding the LTE recovery. once you install the CyanogenMod ROM an attempt to use LTE it will soft break your phone, the only way to get access back to your phone is to unbrick the phone and reinstall your firmware for Joyce and then re root and install CyanogenMod bitmod again. a few times, i suggested that note be made on this on the page / link regarding LTe2 recovery AND the CyanogenMod for motion OP. nothing has happened, a lot of these guys think they're too good to listen to anybody else. you can quickly be ridiculed for being a noob.

3. hammerdroid

sorry for all the typos, was using voice and was not paying attention. I hope you still get the picture.

Stefania likes this.
  4. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I don't think the ridicule it's so much from being a noob, as it it's from people not fully reading and researching before they do flash something. It is constantly being said to read, read, and read more. Maybe that should be put in a s sticky or at the beginning of a post, but it is related in numerous places that using the lte2 recovery with cm10.x will brick ya.

5. hammerdroid

I dunno, man, I read a lot up until a month or two ago when I unrooted, and I never noticed it. Who's gonna read the 76 pages of posts ? There definitely needs to be a sticky, and I recommended that some time back...

6. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

or maybe just read the directions, does it say you need to install 2nd-int recovery??? Or its required??

And for good measure I added a warning to the the OP about LTE Recovery. ;)

7. johnnyl1111

johnnyl1111 Android Expert

once you install a cm10 rom you no longer use the lte 2nd init recovery app. you can get into recovery on cm10 by using the power menu by pressing the power button then choosing recovery or just reboot or power down then while rebooting hit volume down repeatedly.
    now that you have used lte2recovery.apk on cm10, you will keep getting this error. the best way is to unbrick and start over but you could also manually delete all the files that the app installs.

Stefania likes this.
  8. Stefania

Stefania Newbie

i try pressing the power button and click recovery but i still have the same error so i guess i need to delete the files manually but i don't know what files to delete :thinking:

9. MrGlowy

MrGlowy Android Enthusiast

You might need to unbrick and reflash

10. johnnyl1111

had an idea but nevermind didn't work

11. Stefania

Stefania Newbie

thanks for trying:p... but if i install the google apps one by one and use Titanium Backup to make the apps system app can that work?

12. johnnyl1111

you can use this to install gapps probably https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsaq2qjrtjw6y7n/FlashGordon.apk it flashes without the need of recovery but you can't flash roms with it, and then your phone will be usable and then one day when you got time and a pc you can unbrick to stock and reflash cm10
    unselect safemode before flashing gapps in flash gordon app

13. Swainsmith82

Swainsmith82 Android Expert

Premium??!!! Moving up in the world I see. Lol

14. Stefania

Stefania Newbie

hey did anyone get the GPS to work??.... my just say searcing for GPS

15. Stefania

Stefania Newbie

so??????:mad:

16. johnnyl1111

17. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

I didnt have to do anything extra for gps to work on my wifes. ;)

18. Stefania

Stefania Newbie

this my GPS[​IMG][​IMG]

19. johnnyl1111

also you may want to check "gps source" sometimes "internal" is not checked on fresh install for some reason.

20. Stefania

Stefania Newbie

yes But have the same problem....I unbrick back to stock rom and reflash again still The same problem

21. johnnyl1111

did you try the flashable gps.conf i posted above.

22. Stefania

Stefania Newbie

OK no. . do I need to flash that zip in the beginning when i'm installing the CM ROM because i flash this rom 2 times already and i have the same problem with the GPS

23. michaelb04

michaelb04 Member

is their a flashable zip for android 4.4 kitkat camera and gallery im trying to find one and cant...

24. johnnyl1111

just flash it in recovery. no need to flash the rom again. but i can't guarantee it will work i'm just grasping at straws here.

25. johnnyl1111

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrkbmttl102ugbz/kitkat_camera.zip

this camera seems to fix the 1080p issue so you can use whatever kernel you want instead of being stuck with c kernel. includes camera and gallery.

michaelb04 likes this.

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews