• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]CyanogenMod 10 stable

The flash was easy and straight forward. The only extra step required was finding the .zip file for CyanogenMod 10 to confirm that you wanted to flash the ROM. But the file location is shown in the log file just below the selections in the Recovery screen. Anyway, you start off with bare minimum apps, so do an install of gapps to get yourself started.

It doesn't seem to run quiet as smooth as CyanogenMod 9.0, but I've also only rebooted once. So I'm not gonna give a final verdict on it. CM 10.0.0 is Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Unlike stock Jelly Bean builds, it supports flash(Youtube) without having to manually install a flash player. Just like the rest of the CyanogenMod builds it comes with the Trebuchet launcher, altho I installed Apex Launcher, as that is the launcher that I've preferred for a long time.

Reactions: johnnybucks
Upvote 0
The flash was easy and straight forward. The only extra step required was finding the .zip file for CyanogenMod 10 to confirm that you wanted to flash the ROM. But the file location is shown in the log file just below the selections in the Recovery screen. Anyway, you start off with bare minimum apps, so do an install of gapps to get yourself started.

It doesn't seem to run quiet as smooth as CyanogenMod 9.0, but I've also only rebooted once. So I'm not gonna give a final verdict on it. CM 10.0.0 is Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Unlike stock Jelly Bean builds, it supports flash(Youtube) without having to manually install a flash player. Just like the rest of the CyanogenMod builds it comes with the Trebuchet launcher, altho I installed Apex Launcher, as that is the launcher that I've preferred for a long time.
It's rock solid for me! It's like a brand new phone in a way! LOVIN' IT! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones