• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]CyanogenMod 7.1.0 for Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570

Install kies while having your phone connected might solve the problem.
If you are talking about 'swype' keyboard you can get it at beta.swype.com for free after registering.
Power button locks the phone by default.
To overclock download any of the oc modules from Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire and flash them in recovery.

The power button is not locking the phone.
And the normal Samsung keyboard.(I found its touch more responsive)

Upvote 0
ive done it that way and this is what i see

Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> setup connection...
<1> odin mode.. check plcatform verification.
<1> START!!!
<1> check download environment.
<1> e - big partition size!!
<0> Destroy instant..
<0> Killed timer

and FAIL in red

Don't know of the error, never faced such before.
Try doing it after closing kies...
Try to flash to a froyo rom and then try to upgrade to gb

Upvote 0
The power button is not locking the phone.
And the normal Samsung keyboard.(I found its touch more responsive)

what does the power button do in your phone?
If you did a titanimum backup of your system apps try to install it from there. Or try installing it from the link Samsung keyboard.apk

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Wow.... Well i guess you opened up a huge thread. And good luck. I'm not needed here anymore. Never tought this day will come. But since you know a lot more about android, linux, odin, ROMs and other stuff that is needed to help these people i will leave this CM stuff to you. And by the way please develop a CM7 rom without bugs. Cause i started it, still in progress, but you can continue it....

Upvote 0
Wow.... Well i guess you opened up a huge thread. And good luck. I'm not needed here anymore. Never tought this day will come. But since you know a lot more about android, linux, odin, ROMs and other stuff that is needed to help these people i will leave this CM stuff to you. And by the way please develop a CM7 rom without bugs. Cause i started it, still in progress, but you can continue it....

Come on! We need you Netas.

Upvote 0

Come on man don't you think we are prolonging this matter too much... I never asked you to leave the thread/forum/whatever neither i told you i know a lot about android, linux, odin, etc nor I'm trying to do any competition here. And I said sorry to you before too (Though I think it's not a big deal & I never had to apologize...) bcoz i thought it really hurted you when i did so. But, i was wrong you are just trying to compete in a forum. it's not a battle filed where we compete with each other it's a forum where we hold general discussions. There are a lot of duplicate threads and content in this forum as well as around the web, all those things are not bugging you but me.... :(:mad:

Upvote 0
Come on man don't you think we are prolonging this matter too much... I never asked you to leave the thread/forum/whatever neither i told you i know a lot about android, linux, odin, etc nor I'm trying to do any competition here. And I said sorry to you before too (Though I think it's not a big deal & I never had to apologize...) bcoz i thought it really hurted you when i did so. But, i was wrong you are just trying to compete in a forum. it's not a battle filed where we compete with each other it's a forum where we hold general discussions. There are a lot of duplicate threads and content in this forum as well as around the web, all those things are not bugging you but me.... :(:mad:

Wow. Test completed. Heh i'm kidding. Even still thinking about leaving the forum. Maybe not we will see. And you didn't had to apologize. It's ok and i'm sorry. I'm 14 btw. So yeah... But never wanted to compete :) You have the nerves to stand up and end it all. Just don't do anything stupid :D . And good luck you have a lot to learn :)

Upvote 0
I flashed tass-recovery-cwm.tar and phone rebooted and got PASS in Odin. Now phone has been switched on. How to see whether clockword mod has successfully flashed?

Go to the recovery (home + power button) there you will see clockwork recovery v4.0.0.5 an you will also see backup and restore menu that is not available in every recovery.

Upvote 0
You are wrong... Sadly... This thread has so much replies cause it's on the first page and everyone saw it... Market and gmail and other google stuff is not included in the CM7. Because google asked the CM team to not include their google apps. But you can download and flash them trough recovery. Download : http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip . And i know that CM7 is a good ROM. It was i who spread the word of CM in here. But sure, now you will disagree, argue and other stuff, but i don't care. Do whatever you want create a 100 more threads like these and then you will see that this was a start of a big mess....

pLEASE THE IST POST(ORIGINAL POST) WOTH THIS INFO....ALSO ADD THE SCREENSHOTS

Upvote 0
what does the power button do in your phone?
If you did a titanimum backup of your system apps try to install it from there. Or try installing it from the link Samsung keyboard.apk

My power button does nothing. It will get me back to the home screen if i am in a menu, and otherwise, nothing.

And I didn't find CM7 worth it! Cause there are many small bugs which make its usage very inconvenient! I am going to flash back to GB now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My power button does nothing. It will get me back to the home screen if i am in a menu, and otherwise, nothing.

And I didn't find CM7 worth it! Cause there are many small bugs which make its usage very inconvenient! I am going to flash back to GB now.

Where did you get the cm7 rom mine is working very nice and can't figure out bugs also. Please try to flash the recommended rom from 1st post of this thread from cwm recovery. cm7 is very nice rom and its amazing. try flashing again coz i never faced such errors...

Upvote 0
No you won't get any OTA update for this rom as it is not official rom for gts5570.. Why do you want to do it OTA?? You can do it manually and its easy and fast to do so...

And since you already told me that you have installed CWM recovery it's just a one step to go....... Download the cm7 (recommended rom) from 1st post and copy it to sdcard. Then choose install update from sdcard menu in CWM recovery and select the file you copied earlier. And wow!! within 5-10 minutes you will have cm7 on your phone....
For more ddetail see first post...

Upvote 0
And since you already told me that you have installed CWM recovery it's just a one step to go....... Download the cm7 (recommended rom) from 1st post and copy it to sdcard. Then choose install update from sdcard menu in CWM recovery and select the file you copied earlier. And wow!! within 5-10 minutes you will have cm7 on your phone....
For more ddetail see first post...

Thanks, I have already flashed to CM7 and its a great ROM. My question is, how it will reach us if someone will be developing and fixing bugs of the ROM.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I have already flashed to CM7 and its a great ROM. My question is, how it will reach us if someone will be developing and fixing bugs of the ROM.

You can find bug fixes and updates in this [DEV] [Samsung GT-S5570] [ROM & Kernel] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7 - xda-developers thread from xda-forum. And the good news is tj, our developer for cm7 said that though he won't release any further release/versions of cm7 he will be there to fix bugs and make cm7 even more better..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones