• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the LG Optimus M MS690

I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to help me. Though, I only trust official releases from the original software creators. Just a rule of thumbs for me. I did do exactly what you did, I deleted the first line of code in the updater script before I even posted here and the flash just gets canceled. :thinking:

Paste exactly what you deleted.

Upvote 0
Yes, I'm saying your fix on the updater script was the same way I attempted to fix it. So with the first line of code with the board check, it causes a error in the check process. Then if you delete that problematic line of code, it just immediately aborts the flash process.
:ridinghorse:

Edit - You know what's strange? Your updater script fix was the same as mine but yours worked and mine didn't. Carbon copy match. What else did you change besides the first line of code in the original updater script? Thank you very much, my friend.

Upvote 0
Yes, I'm saying your fix on the updater script was the same way I attempted to fix it. So with the first line of code with the board check, it causes a error in the check process. Then if you delete that problematic line of code, it just immediately aborts the flash process.
:ridinghorse:

Edit - You know what's strange? Your updater script fix was the same as mine but yours worked and mine didn't. Carbon copy match. What else did you change besides the first line of code in the original updater script? Thank you very much, my friend.

Did you unzip the entire rom and then rezip it? Because that's a no no...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones