• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] DarkSlide X

FragDroidX

Android Expert
Jul 24, 2010
BBCrackman has released the newest version of DarkSlide for the Droid X. It is based off of the official .596 build of GingerBlur. I know there isnt a large amount of people here that run DarkSlide but I would urge anyone who hasn't tried DarkSlide to give it a whirl. I have found DarkSlide to be fast, smooth, and very stable.

Grab it here: DarkSlide X is here!

I went from OTA 596 rooted, deodexed with BWC theme to DSX. This Darkslide is quite nice but lacks in a few areas that BWC (by bouchigo) has.

At this early point, i think the BWC is a much better looking theme and works 100% as DSX seems to. Giving DSX a couple of days, unless there are some updates i will be going back to BWC................excellent theme indeed :)

Upvote 0
I went from OTA 596 rooted, deodexed with BWC theme to DSX. This Darkslide is quite nice but lacks in a few areas that BWC (by bouchigo) has.

At this early point, i think the BWC is a much better looking theme and works 100% as DSX seems to. Giving DSX a couple of days, unless there are some updates i will be going back to BWC................excellent theme indeed :)

You are comparing a ROM to a THEME. BWC is not a ROM, Bouchigo only themes (from what I know) So i don't really think you are comparing this in the respect it should be. It should be compared to Apex, Cyanogen, etc.... Not BlueBlurryBread, BWC, Watermark'd, etc...

Hell, maybe i'm wrong and misunderstood myself. :):thinking:

Upvote 0
Battery life for me at least is great............been off charge for 12 hours and 11 minutes. Have 70% left. I would call my usage today as average...............many emails, a few calls and texts, quite a bit of web browsing.
GB has always given me great battery performance and DSX is no difference :)

BTW...........i have GPS enabled 24/7. Use WiFi at home.

Upvote 0
snap20110624_212828.png

snap20110624_212838.png

snap20110624_212929.png

snap20110624_212949.png

snap20110624_212958.png

snap20110624_213034.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones