• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Deck's ReLoaded | LOTK | Ver 500 RLS

This ROCKS!!!! even the front facing camera works now. However it has so much stuff baked in I nandroided so i can play all day asaturday with it. Not enough time tonight ...LOL
we've got one very important fix, one mod oversight one killer in call feature 1 app removal/better replacement, one last overall update of all apps and one app repair and as far as I am concerned this ROM is done for phase one. Rest up for a few days and gear up for phase two of Deck's Reloaded: Phillo.

man this thing flies. Hehehe.

ropodope

Upvote 0
KUDOS to all involved in this ROM....it is INCREDIBLE!

I was having some issues with the wifi and wireless tether but searched the thread at XDA and found this from jamieG71

jamieg71 said:
For anyone having issues with wifi tether try this fix, credit to teh-roxxor for this- http://db.tt/2eJaMNuk
Place the bin file in an empty folder titled "android.tether" on root of SD card. Erase cache and data in wifi tether app, reboot, enjoy.

Thought I would post it here in case anyone else runs into any problems.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, I must have done something wrong because I'm having a hell of a time with this rom. The first time I flashed this a few days ago I had quite a bit of issues. I followed the install instructions to a T, but it lags and every time I did a battery pull or rebooted it it would revert back to 100% stock with none of my apps. If I rebooted again it all comes back but I have to reinstall my widgets. Pretty annoying. Battery life was absolutely terrible, dead in 4 hours with moderate use. But the lag everywhere on the wheatley governor was really surprising, this can't be right. This morning I flashed the update and redid everything. I'm noticing better performance but I'm not seeing this as any better than decks 1.3d with the .15rc3 sbc kernel. What am I missing here? BTW, my stock camera does not work, but with a 3rd party app like ICS camera it works. WTF?

Wiped EVERYTHING but SDcard
FLashed Calkulins format all

.44 Reloaded
.15 rc3 sbc
ICS theme
Using GoLauncher
Nothing else

Let sit for 5 minutes

Upvote 0
Sounds to me like you are having issues with dta2sd. The ROM is so fast that it boots up before a2SD has a chance to load up. That is why it goes to stock when you reboot up the first time after enabling it.

What class and size SD card do you have?

What is your partition information?

The first time I flashed the dt2sd but this time I did not flash it. I have a 16gb class 8 card that is partitioned to I think 512mb? Not sure.

Upvote 0
Don't know what is up with your issues but there is a new version that was posted yesterday. Might try installing it now instead.

I have run it all day and it has been absolutely wonderful!

you might have to experiment with the versions of the kernel or your governor settings, but this rom has been solid for me today.

Upvote 0
Don't know what is up with your issues but there is a new version that was posted yesterday. Might try installing it now instead.

I have run it all day and it has been absolutely wonderful!

you might have to experiment with the versions of the kernel or your governor settings, but this rom has been solid for me today.

I used the newest version available, .44 I believe

Upvote 0
ok, I thought you said a few days ago and I thought it just came out yesterday.

I am running it without the dta2sd and it is small enough footprint that i don't miss the partition. Just wanted it up and running without the extra possible complications.

good luck, hope you get it straightened out! let us know please.

Reactions: NaterTots
Upvote 0
Can you verify that the ROM isn't using a2SD?

Either by going into titanium backup and looking at your system information or by using a2sd check from terminal emulator.

Can also try a2Sd remove from terminal emulator.

Edit:
Also, I know the devs of this ROM don't want dta2SD related questions in their XDA thread, but if they don't mind it over here I have no problems trying to help.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
ok, I thought you said a few days ago and I thought it just came out yesterday.

I am running it without the dta2sd and it is small enough footprint that i don't miss the partition. Just wanted it up and running without the extra possible complications.

good luck, hope you get it straightened out! let us know please.

Sorry, I flashed the first version back on the 21st I think when it was first released, and today I flashed the newest version and started over to try to fix my issues.

Either by going into titanium backup and looking at your system information or by using a2sd check from terminal emulator.

Can also try a2Sd remove from terminal emulator

Well, the first time I flashed I installed it through the aroma installer. This time I did not go with that option. So, I should not have a2sd installed, correct?

This rom is greatness. I have no issues. My only complaint is that it kills my desire to flash other stuff, and it's somewhat weird to flash an aosp rom where everything works on first boot. I guess I'll get used to it. ;)

Ha ha, I want to share your enthusiasm!

Upvote 0
KUDOS to all involved in this ROM....it is INCREDIBLE!

I was having some issues with the wifi and wireless tether but searched the thread at XDA and found this from jamieG71

Thought I would post it here in case anyone else runs into any problems.

Now if we can just get you to go over to XDA and teach people there what the term "search" means... lol Thanks for sharing that fix I posted! Credit for that fix goes to Teh-roxxorz as I found it in his thread many moons ago.

I'm sorry, I must have done something wrong because I'm having a hell of a time with this rom. The first time I flashed this a few days ago I had quite a bit of issues. I followed the install instructions to a T, but it lags and every time I did a battery pull or rebooted it it would revert back to 100% stock with none of my apps. If I rebooted again it all comes back but I have to reinstall my widgets. Pretty annoying. Battery life was absolutely terrible, dead in 4 hours with moderate use. But the lag everywhere on the wheatley governor was really surprising, this can't be right. This morning I flashed the update and redid everything. I'm noticing better performance but I'm not seeing this as any better than decks 1.3d with the .15rc3 sbc kernel. What am I missing here? BTW, my stock camera does not work, but with a 3rd party app like ICS camera it works. WTF?

Wiped EVERYTHING but SDcard
FLashed Calkulins format all

.44 Reloaded
.15 rc3 sbc
ICS theme
Using GoLauncher
Nothing else

Let sit for 5 minutes

I had a brain fart and messed up some things in regards to dta2sd. These issues have all been fixed in the RLS. Just be sure if you choose dta2sd that you are partitioned correctly, and that you do not use the built in feature in "manage applications" to try to move apps to sd as that is what dta2sd is for. Sorry for your issues, I hope you will give this RLS release a chance to win you over. It's something else.

Can also try a2Sd remove from terminal emulator.

Edit:
Also, I know the devs of this ROM don't want dta2SD related questions in their XDA thread, but if they don't mind it over here I have no problems trying to help.

Hahaha!!! Hey no worries, I had to request that people stop asking redundant questions over at xda, it was out of hand! I mean we realized there was a problem, posted it in the bug tracker. Gave temporary solutions, and there were still people asking the same thing, and I kid you not, more than once the answer was posted a few posts above their own!! lol

Thank you very much for lending a hand over here! Myself and Rope have been hard at smashing bugs, adding features, and addressing issues, so it is truly appreciated! Please always feel more than welcome to step in and give a hand if I or Rope are mia!

I have actually NOT flashed Tommy's supermagic yet because I love this rom so much :eek:

I can forsee a future 10 maybe 20 years down the road, where if you do not flash Tommy's Classic, you will have to live with the regret of missing out on the greatness that is Mr. Tomatoe and the Classic! I myself can not stand sense roms, with one exception, the Classic Supermagic. His work is amazing and he is a generous, humble, devoted, android genius!

Now that's what I love to hear. Any time we are mentioned in the same breath as Tommy...well let's just say that as a team we cannot receive a higher compliment than that!

+1000 Rope I almost felt guilty reading his post, flattered, but guilty bro! I feel like Garth in Wayne's World...

Upvote 0
Now if we can just get you to go over to XDA and teach people there what the term "search" means... lol Thanks for sharing that fix I posted! Credit for that fix goes to Teh-roxxorz as I found it in his thread many moons ago.

I had a brain fart and messed up some things in regards to dta2sd. These issues have all been fixed in the RLS. Just be sure if you choose dta2sd that you are partitioned correctly, and that you do not use the built in feature in "manage applications" to try to move apps to sd as that is what dta2sd is for. Sorry for your issues, I hope you will give this RLS release a chance to win you over. It's something else.

Hahaha!!! Hey no worries, I had to request that people stop asking redundant questions over at xda, it was out of hand! I mean we realized there was a problem, posted it in the bug tracker. Gave temporary solutions, and there were still people asking the same thing, and I kid you not, more than once the answer was posted a few posts above their own!! lol

Thank you very much for lending a hand over here! Myself and Rope have been hard at smashing bugs, adding features, and addressing issues, so it is truly appreciated! Please always feel more than welcome to step in and give a hand if I or Rope are mia!

I can forsee a future 10 maybe 20 years down the road, where if you do not flash Tommy's Classic, you will have to live with the regret of missing out on the greatness that is Mr. Tomatoe and the Classic! I myself can not stand sense roms, with one exception, the Classic Supermagic. His work is amazing and he is a generous, humble, devoted, android genius!

+1000 Rope I almost felt guilty reading his post, flattered, but guilty bro! I feel like Garth in Wayne's World...
lol, right? We aren't worthy, we aren't worthy. Tommy is the Alice Cooper of roms.

Upvote 0
This thing just makes my evo a beast. I haven't even bothered with the rls yet. I wasn't even aware that supermagic dropped. This combined with mazda's cm9 means I may never flash another sense rom.
I know I won't. Just Tommy here and there. You NEED to get the .44 RLS. It's better in every way. Seriously. It's worth it just for the themed first time Google login alone!

ropodope

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones