• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Dirty Unicorns 5.1.1 {HAMMERHEAD} (4/26/15)

Which mobile technology does your carrier use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know there was another way to activate floating window besides this way lol.

Lol, Yeah I've never used floating window before, so I didn't know that it could be activated this way.
Before that, I noticed that it could be activated in the recents menu... So imagine my surprise when I realized that it also worked in the notification drawer. :laugh:
It's definitely a cool feature and thanks for adding it to the Build! :thumb:

Upvote 0
Lol, Yeah I've never used floating window before, so I didn't know that it could be activated this way.
Before that, I noticed that it could be activated in the recents menu... So imagine my surprise when I realized that it also worked in the notification drawer. :laugh:
It's definitely a cool feature and thanks for adding it to the Build! :thumb:

Ohhh. I knew about recents as well. You could activate it using the sidebar (regular or circle) too. I guess I misinterpreted what you wrote.

Upvote 0
Curious if anyone has info about this?

I have a PC with Windows 8.1 Update
As most are aware, there has been a driver issue with this system but was easily fixed by enabling test mode with unsigned drivers. However.............

My PC sees my N5 and I have complete access to it and can flash roms etc. It does not see my N7 (2013) version. All it sees is the device as a camera PTP (same as the N5 prior to enabling test mode) but not as a media device MTP like the N5. I need it to see it as a MTP in order to root it and install the FLO DU rom.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Curious if anyone has info about this?

I have a PC with Windows 8.1 Update
As most are aware, there has been a driver issue with this system but was easily fixed by enabling test mode with unsigned drivers. However.............

My PC sees my N5 and I have complete access to it and can flash roms etc. It does not see my N7 (2013) version. All it sees is the device as a camera PTP (same as the N5 prior to enabling test mode) but not as a media device MTP like the N5. I need it to see it as a MTP in order to root it and install the FLO DU rom.

Any ideas?

I don't know since I have Tilapia and it works fine (but has no DU, dammit ;) ). However, you might want to post this in the Nexus 7 2013 forum as there will probably be more folks there that have run into this.

Reactions: lennydude
Upvote 0
I might have a couple of bugs for you:

1.) unless I'm missing something, my s2w and knock knock won't stick on boot. The check mark to set them on boot stays checked, but after a reboot, I always have to go check the boxes again that enable them.

2.) When swiping between quick settings and notification panel, it doesn't always switch between the two. When using the toggle switch in the upper right, it always switches between the two.

Not too major, this is my favorite build so far! The only mod I'm running is Viper sound mod. Also have a build.prop Edit for sound boost but I don't think that counts. :)

Can get a log if you think it would help but wasn't sure that it would show something like this.

Upvote 0
Not too major, this is my favorite build so far! The only mod I'm running is Viper sound mod. Also have a build.prop Edit for sound boost but I don't think that counts. :)

Can get a log if you think it would help but wasn't sure that it would show something like this.

I think you can boost the sound volume in the kernel tweaker with the stock kernel now, you can for sure with Franco. Is that Viper mod any better?

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Gapps packages are universal across AOSP. The different ones you find are usually just what that particular contributor likes to include (inverted apps, full/slim, etc). You just have to make sure that you use the proper one for that version of Android. You could always just Google "PA Gapps 4.4.2" which the first hit should take you to a thread on XDA.

Reactions: lennydude
Upvote 0
Wanted too Thank NYCHitman1 Very Awesome ROM / Got Rid Of VIrgin Mobile To Get A Better service provider & phone & Just Loving Dirty Unicorns

First ROM I've Flashed but & Can't Find a reason To Test out Any more Because I am Happy With This So you Flash ROM hard Blocked me lol , Glad but very Very Nice ROM Small hiccups of reboot here & their on my end but still playing with the Franco Kernel settings thinking maybe that's my issue

But just came to give high praise & Keep up the Good work

Upvote 0
Wanted too Thank NYCHitman1 Very Awesome ROM / Got Rid Of VIrgin Mobile To Get A Better service provider & phone & Just Loving Dirty Unicorns

First ROM I've Flashed but & Can't Find a reason To Test out Any more Because I am Happy With This So you Flash ROM hard Blocked me lol , Glad but very Very Nice ROM Small hiccups of reboot here & their on my end but still playing with the Franco Kernel settings thinking maybe that's my issue

But just came to give high praise & Keep up the Good work

Are you on the official 5/8 build? I had reboots on that build quite often.

Smooth sailing on 5/15 test build.

Upvote 0
Yes the 5/8 build whoo hoo Brian's got this device so I know we'll have a good support team ( was depressed leaving my Evo & Brian cause people like him will go out of his way too Assist & Help when its needed in explainable ways , I'll look for the Test Build & Dirty Flash

It's a little more buried now but you get them from their G+ community. If you go to the announcements section, that's where you'll see the build releases.

I'll give you a [URL=" https://plus.google.com/113599636728135137322/posts/7yjUdaQhYbj] Link [/URL] this time, but it'll cost me my left foot. :eek:

Don't tell Josh :vroam:

Upvote 0
I got it & flashed , had to reapply xposed frameworks & the p-droid 2.0 app in system/ app folder , will letcha know (Thank you )

Yeah, the flash wipes /system so you lose all that stuff. Xposed isn't really recommended with the rom, so if you have any major issues, try without the mods and see if you still have the same issues!

Reactions: Kritter888
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones