1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 5.1.1 {HAMMERHEAD} (4/26/15)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NYCHitman1, Dec 16, 2013.

?

Which mobile technology does your carrier use?

1. GSM

76.1%
  2. CDMA

23.9%
  1. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

5/29 update is mostly behind the scenes commits.

Brian706, xdrc45 and Hook like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

There will be another test build update today that I plan on pushing at some point. This one will require some testing though as I've gone ahead and switched our default kernel to Savoca's Furnace kernel. It's not a done deal yet, but I'd like as much input as I could get.

Kritter888 and xdrc45 like this.
  3. xdrc45

xdrc45 Android Enthusiast

Saweet!! Looking forward too it... Actually interested to see how the Furnace kernel runs on DU.

Kritter888 and Brian706 like this.
  4. thisISjoel

thisISjoel Android Enthusiast

New Build on the G+

Brian706, Rxpert83 and xdrc45 like this.
  5. thisISjoel

What's everyone's favourite flavour of GApps at the moment?

6. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

I use PA full stock.

thisISjoel likes this.
  7. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

I like blacked out Gapps, so I use the DU-TBO Gapps. Otherwise, I use PA micro. When in doubt, PA GApps are always reliable.

8. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

PA Micro FO LIIIIIIIIIFE! lol

thisISjoel likes this.
  9. Kritter888

Kritter888 Android Enthusiast

I also use the PA & the Rom Toolbox Pro, Jrummy Playstore [​IMG][​IMG]

thisISjoel likes this.
  10. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

Just out of curiosity.. why do you use ROM Toolbox?

11. Kritter888

I like the various boot animations mostly and I just found that feature simplified permission with paypal support playstore under the ROM extras to see what the difference it was the simplified permissions is interesting [​IMG][​IMG]

But honestly on this rom not for much but
    The fact that it allows gif to boot animation , so I can record my loved ones if I wanted turn it into a gif from a gif camera app in playstore & then resize to my screen size in romtoolbox is also nifty to then have that recording be my own personalised boot animation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So example, if my GF did jumping jacks topless for me that could be my boot animation, or lots of interesting ideals, like that

12. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Prove it! :D:p
    :vroam:

13. Kritter888

Lol i said as example, I am single, but could use another phone or cam to video the process , some random thing like that

14. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

Great minds think alike lol. :D

15. xdrc45

xdrc45 Android Enthusiast

Downloading the 06/03 test build now!

Edit:
    Thought I'd leave some feedback on the 06/01 test build with Furnace kernel though...
    I left everything as it was set... No tweaks to the system or kernel. Everything seems to have been running pretty smoothly for the the last 2 days and battery life has been good/normal as well.
    The only thing I've noticed is that I got 2 full reboots under minimal load.
    Once yesterday while browsing the internet and once today while loading a pic in gmail.
    I've only ever got a soft reboot once or twice in the entire time that I've been using DU... So I don't know if it's the test build version, the kernel or if it's on my end. I did dirty flash it.

Anyway I'm going to flash the new test build 06/03 and see how it goes!

Brian706 likes this.
  16. thisISjoel

I'm having big GApps issues at the moment (probably not rom related, I don't know) I dirty flashed the 6/3 build (after clean flashing the 6/1 build) and tried the turbo du gapps (I had tried them before but Hangouts was crashing so I went back to PA Stock Gapps) but Hangouts was still crashing so I tired to go back to PA Stock Gapps but then google play services and google + kept crashing, so I reflashed the rom and the PA stock gapps (still dirty) but Google + is still crashing. I'm going to do a clean flash and see if that fixes it.

17. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Dirty flash is usually fine for small updates but for a major update with big system changes I would always recommend a clean flash.

Not sure what changed between 6/1 and 6/3 but I'm curious to see if your issues persist after a clean install.

18. thisISjoel

Ok, just to update/ask for ideas here's what I've done now:

I clean flashed the rom and refreshed the DU Turbo Gapps. Hangouts still crashed.

I tried again, did another wipe (cache, dalvik, data, system) and flashed the rom and the Gapps again and that time the initial set up just hung (logging into google).

I was at work and needed to get my phone working again so I just restored a nandroid from a couple days ago and when I get home I'll have another go at clean flashing the rom and see where it goes from there.

19. Hook

I haven't had any problems with dirty flashes, but then I don't use Hangouts. G+ seems to work fine. I am uisng the 6/3 test build and the DU_TBO Gapps.

20. thisISjoel

I have made many mistakes, I fear :(

21. thisISjoel

22. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

Did you restore settings to it? I don't have Launcher3 installed, so I can't duplicate your issue. However, this is the first that anyone has mentioned this - AFAIK.

23. thisISjoel

I may have, I'm not sure, probably.

I'm running the 4.4.3 test build that dude posted on the G+ the other day and it's not crashing anymore.

I did a clean flash so maybe whatever settings I may have restored previously this time I didn't? I don't know, I'm very slowly learning my way around all this stuff.

24. Hook

My philosophy is, if NYCHitman1 didn't post it, it didn't happen. ;) I'm still waiting (and in no rush. 4.4.2 is fine and nothing I've heard about 4.4.3 makes me want to rush).

Of course, that's just me.

25. thisISjoel

Yeah, I was going to wait but I figured hey, I'm only a nandroid away from being back were I was so I thought no harm in flashing this other dudes build and so far so good :)

Rxpert83 likes this.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews