• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Dirty Unicorns 5.1.1 {HAMMERHEAD} (4/26/15)

Which mobile technology does your carrier use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be another test build update today that I plan on pushing at some point. This one will require some testing though as I've gone ahead and switched our default kernel to Savoca's Furnace kernel. It's not a done deal yet, but I'd like as much input as I could get.

Saweet!! Looking forward too it... Actually interested to see how the Furnace kernel runs on DU.

Upvote 0
I also use the PA & the Rom Toolbox Pro, Jrummy Playstore
5asujuma.jpg
zedu8ydu.jpg

Reactions: thisISjoel
Upvote 0
I like the various boot animations mostly and I just found that feature simplified permission with paypal support playstore under the ROM extras to see what the difference it was the simplified permissions is interesting
u5ehyvuz.jpg
ugesypad.jpg

But honestly on this rom not for much but
The fact that it allows gif to boot animation , so I can record my loved ones if I wanted turn it into a gif from a gif camera app in playstore & then resize to my screen size in romtoolbox is also nifty to then have that recording be my own personalised boot animation

8enehazy.jpg

4use9epa.jpg

So example, if my GF did jumping jacks topless for me that could be my boot animation, or lots of interesting ideals, like that

Upvote 0
Downloading the 06/03 test build now!

Edit:
Thought I'd leave some feedback on the 06/01 test build with Furnace kernel though...
I left everything as it was set... No tweaks to the system or kernel. Everything seems to have been running pretty smoothly for the the last 2 days and battery life has been good/normal as well.
The only thing I've noticed is that I got 2 full reboots under minimal load.
Once yesterday while browsing the internet and once today while loading a pic in gmail.
I've only ever got a soft reboot once or twice in the entire time that I've been using DU... So I don't know if it's the test build version, the kernel or if it's on my end. I did dirty flash it.

Anyway I'm going to flash the new test build 06/03 and see how it goes!

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
I'm having big GApps issues at the moment (probably not rom related, I don't know) I dirty flashed the 6/3 build (after clean flashing the 6/1 build) and tried the turbo du gapps (I had tried them before but Hangouts was crashing so I went back to PA Stock Gapps) but Hangouts was still crashing so I tired to go back to PA Stock Gapps but then google play services and google + kept crashing, so I reflashed the rom and the PA stock gapps (still dirty) but Google + is still crashing. I'm going to do a clean flash and see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0
Dirty flash is usually fine for small updates but for a major update with big system changes I would always recommend a clean flash.

Not sure what changed between 6/1 and 6/3 but I'm curious to see if your issues persist after a clean install.

Ok, just to update/ask for ideas here's what I've done now:

I clean flashed the rom and refreshed the DU Turbo Gapps. Hangouts still crashed.

I tried again, did another wipe (cache, dalvik, data, system) and flashed the rom and the Gapps again and that time the initial set up just hung (logging into google).

I was at work and needed to get my phone working again so I just restored a nandroid from a couple days ago and when I get home I'll have another go at clean flashing the rom and see where it goes from there.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Did you restore settings to it? I don't have Launcher3 installed, so I can't duplicate your issue. However, this is the first that anyone has mentioned this - AFAIK.

I may have, I'm not sure, probably.

I'm running the 4.4.3 test build that dude posted on the G+ the other day and it's not crashing anymore.

I did a clean flash so maybe whatever settings I may have restored previously this time I didn't? I don't know, I'm very slowly learning my way around all this stuff.

Upvote 0
I may have, I'm not sure, probably.

I'm running the 4.4.3 test build that dude posted on the G+ the other day and it's not crashing anymore.

I did a clean flash so maybe whatever settings I may have restored previously this time I didn't? I don't know, I'm very slowly learning my way around all this stuff.

My philosophy is, if NYCHitman1 didn't post it, it didn't happen. ;) I'm still waiting (and in no rush. 4.4.2 is fine and nothing I've heard about 4.4.3 makes me want to rush).

Of course, that's just me.

Upvote 0
My philosophy is, if NYCHitman1 didn't post it, it didn't happen. ;) I'm still waiting (and in no rush. 4.4.2 is fine and nothing I've heard about 4.4.3 makes me want to rush).

Of course, that's just me.

Yeah, I was going to wait but I figured hey, I'm only a nandroid away from being back were I was so I thought no harm in flashing this other dudes build and so far so good :)

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones