• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Dirty Unicorns 5.1.1 {HAMMERHEAD} (4/26/15)

Which mobile technology does your carrier use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, someone posted an unofficial build on our G+. I had just finished fixing the kernel and this guy put out a build less than an hour later.

I think he was stalking me :p

I plan on being very patient. I will use the rom when "YOU" have it released and not before. That is just the way it has always been. Not trying to make points here it's just that I trust you when it comes to these things :)

Lenny
brg

Reactions: Hook
Upvote 0
Just an FYI - a few things derailed our previous plans, so we nuked the entire org and started from scratch again. We're getting everything up and running all over again, so just bear with us :)

We'll be seeing you all soon on Hammy and new devices too.
DU is always worth waiting for. I even appreciate that you folks never rush anything before it is ready. Your test builds are more stable than most people's final releases.

Carry on and I'll be happily waiting. [emoji3]

Upvote 0
Oh hi guys! :D

Screenshot_2014-12-09-16-14-21.png

Reactions: NYCHitman1 and Hook
Upvote 0

Nice one, just rub it in!! :p Luck you!
Any features or feed back that you can give without reveling to much info.

Questions too, if none minds... How can I become an official DU tester? I would love to sacrifice the time and effort to test out the latest pre-builds if possible.
There is no other ROM than DU that I would rather run on my N5.
Please PM/or contact me if it's possible... Thanks guys! :D

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Nice one, just rub it in!! :p Luck you!
Any features or feed back that you can give without reveling to much info.
I don't think Josh wants me to say too much. I'll just tell you that it's in the early stages right now, and that I haven't been privy to any Dirty Tweaks yet.

Questions too, if none minds... How can I become an official DU tester?
I'll have to let Josh field that one! :)

Reactions: Hook and xdrc45
Upvote 0
I don't think Josh wants me to say too much. I'll just tell you that it's in the early stages right now, and that I haven't been privy to any Dirty Tweaks yet. I'll have to let Josh field that one! :)

Good enough for me! I'm like a kid in a candy store waiting for my lollipop! No pun intended! ;)

Reactions: Hook and Brian706
Upvote 0
Good enough for me! I'm like a kid in a candy store waiting for my lollipop! No pun intended! ;)

Honestly, I don't have any official testers. I just so happened to be talking to Brian and he asked at the right time since there was something that I needed tested. It's pretty bare bones right now. We haven't added anything to it yet since we still don't have our CAF-required devices ready to go yet.

Upvote 0
NYCHitman's first Lollipop test build for the Nexus 5 is up on G+. :D I may not get to flash until sometime tomorrow since it will require a clean flash and I am tending to some medical stuff. Dang.

Yep, I downloaded it like 20 mins after it was posted and so far its running great and pretty smooth... I was to busy to post that it was up.
Did a clean install with a factory reset, just to start fresh and I'm still running the included kernel, test it out over the next few days. Might try Franco or ElementalX

The New DU Boot Animation is pretty dang Saweet!:thumbsupdroid:
Thanks for this one Josh awesome work!
I've been flashing 5.0 to 5.0.2 Rom's, like I'm popping pez candy crazy lately :goofydroid: just trying to find a ROM that I like and could be content with until DU was ready... In lollipop.
DU has ruined me! :p and DU for life! :batdroid:
Looking forward to the future enhancements of the Dirty Tweaks too!;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-28-01-04-09.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-28-01-04-09.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0
Just FYI, there is a newer update today. Dirty flashed it and working great, although I actually can't tell what is different. Doesn't matter, if Josh posts, I'll flash! :D

I flashed the newer build and I'm having some issues I didn't have on the first build. Trusted places isn't working and there's a weird thing on the recents page where when there are apps open it has a "couldn't add widget" banner across the top.

Also, there's something weird with my contacts and messaging, when I go to the contacts app I can see all my contacts are there but when people message me their number is shown instead of their name.

I was a fool and didn't nandroid my first flash since I wasn't expecting issues going from one build to the next (I'm an idiot, I know) so now I'm trying to decide if I flash the older built again, try this one again or just wait it out to see how the next test build goes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I flashed the newer build and I'm having some issues I didn't have on the first build. Trusted places isn't working and there's a weird thing on the recents page where when there are apps open it has a "couldn't add widget" banner across the top.

Also, there's something weird with my contacts and messaging, when I go to the contacts app I can see all my contacts are there but when people message me their number is shown instead of their name.

I was a fool and didn't nandroid my first flash since I wasn't expecting issues going from one build to the next (I'm an idiot, I know) so now I'm trying to decide if I flash the older built again, try this one again or just wait it out to see how the next test build goes.

Haven't had time to mess with Trusted places... So not sure about that one.

I got the same error about "couldn't add widget" at the top of the recents menu.
Booted to recovery and cleared cache and now I have the Google search bar at the top of the recents menu.

Also has the same issue with the contacts name not showing up, it would just display a phone number instead.
When to -
/Settings/More/Default SMS app/

And switched it from Messenger (which was set as default) to Hangouts and that solved the issue for me... After that the contacts even showed up in Messenger app.

Upvote 0

I got the same error about "couldn't add widget" at the top of the recents menu.
Booted to recovery and cleared cache and now I have the Google search bar at the top of the recents menu.

Also has the same issue with the contacts name not showing up, it would just display a phone number instead.
When to -

And switched it from Messenger (which was set as default) to Hangouts and that solved the issue for me... After that the contacts even showed up in Messenger app.

Thanks for the pro tips! I got my contacts/messages aligned but clearing the cache didn't fix the issue with the widget in the recents.

Also, I got trusted locations working, I was being a nuffy and hadn't checked my location services settings and they were off so that's sorted now.

I'm going to clear the cache again and see where that gets me, otherwise might just suck it up.

Upvote 0
I'm going to clear the cache again and see where that gets me, otherwise might just suck it up.

Awesome glad everything else worked out for you!
You might want to also wipe cache and dalvik cache while your at it.

Was it just me or did I at some point, see a "Home" button in the Settings menu to allow you to switch between launchers on the new DU 9.0 test builds.
I know there was a option to select which launcher to use during setup... But I can't find a menu option to switch between Launcher3 and the Google Now Launcher anywhere.

Upvote 0

Was it just me or did I at some point, see a "Home" button in the Settings menu to allow you to switch between launchers on the new DU 9.0 test builds.
I know there was a option to select which launcher to use during setup... But I can't find a menu option to switch between Launcher3 and the Google Now Launcher anywhere.

Wiped cache and dalvik cache multiple times to no avail, oh well, not that big a deal.

Re: the 'home' option on settings certain GApps packages replace launcher3 with the Google now launcher (PA stock for example) and if there is only one launcher installed the option to change is hidden. Try installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova or something and see if the 'Home' option returns.

Upvote 0

It's definitely there for me, but PA Gapps added GEL and I added Nova so there are three launchers on mine. Probaly if you only have Launcher 3 that comes baked in DU, you won't have the home option (since there is no launcher to switch to).

Upvote 0

When to -

We haven't experienced this yet on any device on DU, but thanks for letting me know. That's probably an issue with the Messaging application in itself. However, as you well know - Hangouts SMS is a different application altogether. Personally, I like using Hangouts for just online chatting and Messaging for my SMS/MMS purposes. I'll try to pay more attention to this as time goes on.

In other news, how's everyone loving all of the kernel goodies? :)

Upvote 0
We haven't experienced this yet on any device on DU, but thanks for letting me know. That's probably an issue with the Messaging application in itself. However, as you well know - Hangouts SMS is a different application altogether. Personally, I like using Hangouts for just online chatting and Messaging for my SMS/MMS purposes. I'll try to pay more attention to this as time goes on.

In other news, how's everyone loving all of the kernel goodies? :)

I'm not great for technical feedback, but I can tell you that so far I haven't been tempted to install Franco. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones