• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom]Drewgarden's Broodcomb for 4.5.588 GB

I recommended factory resets on Drew's roms but I now think that's unnecessary. Next time (and for those who want to try it now) wiping cache and dalvik cache only seem to fix the issue. I've been able to install apps from market just fine after that and I still have the boot animation and other fun stuff.

I tried a couple factory resets, and even reflashed the rom over the top again, still had random hot boots. I also lost the HC boot anni after factory reset. One funny thing though... after SBF, initial reboot had the HC boot annimation. lol. had to do another factory reset at that point caue it would not fully boot.

Upvote 0
I tried a couple factory resets, and even reflashed the rom over the top again, still had random hot boots. I also lost the HC boot anni after factory reset. One funny thing though... after SBF, initial reboot had the HC boot annimation. lol. had to do another factory reset at that point caue it would not fully boot.

What's your install procedure?

Upvote 0
works awesome so far, still loving the boot ani!
3G coverage, even in my underground apartment is good so far.
quadrant went from 1974 to 2211 when I overclocked to 1.3ghz.
Messaging and Phone all working
app all seem to work except heytell, it gets fc every time, (may be the app, may not be...)
Been playing with the device all morning, so the screen has been on pretty much continually since unplugging it, about 2 hours, battery just now getting to 90% (this is way more usage than I normally put it through, so normal batt life should be even better.
Only weird issue is the home screen doesn't rotate.

Loaded it this way:
SBF to stock rom, activated device and resolved contacts, etc.
Rooted with Z4
Droid2 Bootstrap
Three part .588 leak
Broodcomb

Upvote 0
That was a thought I had, also. The radio file might be locked down by Moto. I know we used to tweak the radio files by swapping them on the BlackBerrys, but I'm not sure if it can be done on the droid.
This would be a good issue to ask BBcrackman, as he was pretty good at identifying the radio files and choosing which ones were better suited for a (OS) ROM.
I also have no idea if the radio is embedded in the bootloader or the ROM itself, haven't had enough experience with customizing these devices yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones