• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] DroidSmith_Force - Beta

I flashed A7 and everything is working fine.
Both 3G & 4G are fine.
WiFi is in working order and so are bluetooth and GPS.
Apps aren't crashing
Network is good, phone calls can be made and received, usual quality.
Text Messages work as well.

It's stable and everything works just fine.

The Foce now has a completed base for custom roms. I am pretty excited since this will allow me to start getting some real work done. I will start work on a Beta for DroidSmith. Lets start hearing what the community wants, and I will do my best to provide. There are a few things as a developer that I will draw the line at lol

Upvote 0
I think a must is enabling both cores.

I very much agree.

I think that's related to the kernel but I agree; depending on the affects to battery life though.

I think so too,But it shouldn't drag the battery life/charge down but maybe 10% - 20% depending on idle/usage.

Things I would like to see in future/new rom builds:::
I would like to see some 3g/4g tweaks.
Volume raised a bit on headphones.

Sent from my N9100

Upvote 0
What's the point of having a dual core phone if you don't use both cores? This phones battery lasts forever anyways.

Oh yeah, and does this mean that if the avid ever gets jelly bean, we get it too?

I believe I read that there is an app that will enable both cores, so that will have to do for now until the kernel work is completed. I might also be able to do this through an init.d script. Once I have that working

The avid and the force are very similar, but are on different carriers. We may be able to port jellybean from it, but it wont be easy.

Upvote 0
I think for starters:
Busybox (I think you mentioned it before)
Jellybean
Face Unlock
Fully debloat
New launcher
Include a working wifi tethering app

With the exception of jellybean and the tether app all of that is in the works. See the previous post on jellybean.

A tether app can be included, but I want tethering to function at the system level. Check out my work on the warp for more info on that

Upvote 0
I'm noticing an issue with A7. SuperSU is installed, but there is no root access. I thought that maybe SuperSU might have a binary update, which it does but I can't seem to install.

I have a fix for that it. I will need to update the permissions in the updater script. I will likely do away with super su at that point and include superuser by clockwork since it is open source.

Reactions: Golono
Upvote 0
Ok couldn't wait, so the first beta is up. Some more bloat has been trimmed, and Super SU has been replaced by Superuser. I have also redone the symlinks for busybox to improve functionality. Please let me know how it works. Also keep in mind that I do not have a Force yet, so I am not 100% familiar with the layout of the system. If you identify any further bloat ware let me know what it is, what it does, and I will remove it.

Upvote 0
I'm running the beta on my phone and all is working well. Superuser is working fine now (had some trouble with it because I forgot to wipe my phone and Super SU was interfering). As far as bloat goes, it is taken care of. However, there are a few apps that I think are not needed. The default browser is poor and Chrome is a better alternative. The default video player lacks features and is not compatible with many codecs/file types. I think something like MX Player would be a better alternative. Finally, Google Play Books, Play Movies & TV, and Play Music shouldn't be included in my opinion. I use Books and Music occasionally but I think they should be optional rather than included with other system apps.

All wireless technologies are working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones