• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] DroidSmith_Force - Beta

jimsmith80

Android Expert
Aug 22, 2012
Phoenix AZ
The objective of DroidSmith is to be a minimalist and stable rom for the ZTE Force. This rom is in Beta testing, and user input is highly valued. If you see something you would like changed, or know of a feature you would like added please let me know.

Screen Shots:

Version 0.1 - Deodexed stock rom, cut out bloat, and replaced super su with Superuser.

Version 0.1.1 - First attempt at system tethering - This will be shelved until i have the device.

Version 0.2 - Removed tethering mods. They did not work. New battery indicator. Launcher2 replaced by Xperia Home.

Version 0.2.1 - Second attempt at a custom boot animation. Faceunlock should work now. Connections Optimizer removed form settings menu.

Version 0.2.2 - Boot animation now works correctly. Connections Optimizer has been removed from the removed from the settings menu. A new approach to getting Face Unlock to work has been taken using chevanlol360's work from the sequent. Edits made to the updater script to allow installation on to the data partition.

Version 0.2.3 same as above attempted to correct error in updater script for data partition

Version 0.2.4 removed data partition info from updater script.

Version 0.3.5 Init.d support added in kernel ramdisk as it should be. Thanks Junkie2100 for your assistance with the ramdisk issue I was having. init.d script added to enable both cpu cores on boot. Added MiFiles to system apps.

Version 0.3.10 Fixed init.d

Version 0.4.9 Now running Matrix Kernel. OC to 1.67. Lionheart, Badass, and SmartassV2 governors added. Faceunlock has been completely removed. CPU speed and DPI changer added to settings menu.

Version 0.4.14 Updated Matrix Kernel L2 is synced to CPU for OC speeds. Restored download and voice mail apps.

Version 0.5 Integrated Matrix Kernel 1.1. New battery icons

Version 0.6 Reverted to stock kernel with modified ramdisk to support init.d. From this point forward Matrix Kernel and DSF will be separate projects.

Version 0.7 Started over using the zip provided by zte. Same features without experia launcher. Voice mail notifications are now working.

What's Jim working on now?
I am currently in the process of developing Matrix Kernel for the Force. It is based on the ZTE Avid source code which has been slightly tweaked for use on the Force. The current build of the kernel is completely working, but still lagging behind the stock kernel a little. Once the performance is comparable to stock it will be added to DroidSmith and released a zip will be released so that the kernel may be used with any rom. I don't intend to stop there. I plan on making Matrix Kernel out perform the stock Kernel. If you would like to view the source code it is located on my github here - https://github.com/jimsmith80/Matrix_Force

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Installation Instructions:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Prerequisites: You must have a custom recovery (e.g. CWM or TWRP) installed to be able to load this ROM. DroidSmith is not for all versions of the ZTE Warp, only Boost Mobile customers. A version for Public Mobile is not available.

1. Download the most recent version from the download center above to your SD card.
2. Reboot into recovery.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Make a complete backup of your device!![/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
4. Use the
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]install from zip[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] (CWM) or [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Install[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] (TWRP) option to navigate to where you saved the DroidSmith ROM on your SD card and select it.
5. When the installer script finishes, reboot your phone.

This is a custom rom. follow the instructions and use at your own risk. Myself and any contributing parties are not responsible if you render you phone unusable "bricked".
[/FONT]
Please do not use your phones data connection to download the rom. For some reason this tends to create issues that do not happen when using a land line computer or wifi on your phone.

Download: - DroidSmith V 0.7 Beta

If you like my work please take a second to hit the thanks button.

Bug Reporting:

Here is what I need to know to correct any issues with the rom that you may encounter.

1) has the system been modified from what I originally provided?

2) If so, what mods are you using?

3) When did the issue occur? Was it first boot, or after an app or script has been installed?

4) has any theme work been done?

5) What CPU settings are you running?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones