• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]droidth3ory COR3SOURC3 V1.0 9/20/2011

so if i can get this straight...

Shift - CM7 based
Black - CM7/OMFGB based
Core - OMFGB based

i liked Shift, i like Black better, but i just don't see any point in having 3 completely separate AOSP roms. is there really any reason to switch from Black to Core at this point? as much as i like DT's roms, it seems like if he put all of his effort into one AOSP rom instead of 3, he would have a widely embraced beast on his hands. with all of this division, not even including his slew of sense based roms, it seems to be turning people off.

Upvote 0
so if i can get this straight...

Shift - CM7 based
Black - CM7/OMFGB based
Core - OMFGB based

i liked Shift, i like Black better, but i just don't see any point in having 3 completely separate AOSP roms. is there really any reason to switch from Black to Core at this point? as much as i like DT's roms, it seems like if he put all of his effort into one AOSP rom instead of 3, he would have a widely embraced beast on his hands. with all of this division, not even including his slew of sense based roms, it seems to be turning people off.

DT no longer devs shift it is done by someone else on the theory team. I assume either black or core will also be given to someone else. I don't see the point in having 3 AOSP based roms but it is just like how devs have desensed, 2.1, 3.0, 3D, 3.5 based sense roms. If there is 1 person out there who will run a specific rom because of the sense version or AOSP base and donate to the dev then I guess it is worth the extra effort.

Upvote 0
i see nothing wrong with 3 AOSP roms. if you like a different featurs of cm7 and OMGB maybe black is a good choice.

shift can be: shifts3ns3 or shiftao5p

youre both right :)

tho saying that,im not as big a DT fanboy since hes not doing as much of the DEVing.

shiftao5p is still my favorite,im not a huge fan of OMFGB and god mode or whatever the OMFGB settings are called

Upvote 0
i see nothing wrong with 3 AOSP roms. if you like a different featurs of cm7 and OMGB maybe black is a good choice.

shift can be: shifts3ns3 or shiftao5p

youre both right :)

tho saying that,im not as big a DT fanboy since hes not doing as much of the DEVing.

shiftao5p is still my favorite,im not a huge fan of OMFGB and god mode or whatever the OMFGB settings are called

LOL Hurrr durrr forgot about that silly AOSP rom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones