• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Elelinux-7.0.0-Hero

Ok, after a couple of days of this rom, I've realized what I've been missing out on, CM settings. I wish the CM settings on this could be on a froyo rom. Particularly the ones for the music playback options in the notification bar and also, being able to change songs with volume rocker...it rocks.

If a froyo rom had that, like Villain 2.2 AOSP rom, with that speed I'd have the perfect Hero. Can't have it all I guess, this rom is sluggish at times like scrolling between homescreens and running apps like my Gun simulator app, which works flawlessly on 2.1 roms, but force closes almost everytime on this one.

Also, there's an update. I'll try it right now and see if it makes any noticeable differences.

Upvote 0
Changelog 2011-07-28

• Installation Wipe of all, including ext-partion, factory reset etc.. (Because of new android version, sorry guys
  • New Build 20110727.135106
  • Lots new features, custom lockscreen background, and much more.
  • Added the new market as default
  • Latest updates from CM-Source
  • And now screenshot works
  • Updated HTC.Elegance
  • Light version is GB stock
  • Added @lubekgc idea for hboot

Upvote 0
After countless updates and improvements, the Elelinux-Hero story has reached the final chapter. Elelinux-7.1-Hero-v3.6 Android 2.3.7 will be the final GB ROM released by Esa for the HTC Hero. :(

There is some good news though. He's stated his intention to resume development on the Hero when the ICS source becomes available. Yup, you read that correctly.... we may see Android 4.0 on our beloved (and supposedly obsolete) Heros some day soon. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones