1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP 4.2.1] Is Coming For Us!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 2010gleek, Jan 6, 2013.

1. 2010gleek

2010gleek Newbie

Hey Guys preludedrew is working on nightlies for the shootervm! :D So we'll have a 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM aimed for our phone! :) I'm running the Sprint version and its so awesome! :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Thedjscr3am

Thedjscr3am Well-Known Member

Gave it a run and it totally broke my phone :/ was out of service for a good 2 days. Jaybles 4.2 is epic, but it needs some work for our phone lol

3. 2010gleek

2010gleek Newbie

What issues did you end up with? My phone hasn't had any issues at all and I've been running it for a couple weeks now.

The shootervm branches should help with that when prelude releases them :)

4. Thedjscr3am

I hope so, would love to run this as my daily (running latest digitalhigh MIUI w/ MMS fix :p) driver. And The service broke, couldn't send or receive texts or calls, battery life drained too quickly, a few little things I've forgotten now ;)

5. 2010gleek

2010gleek Newbie

Yeah hopefully Ik im flashing the first test build now for shootervm of it I'll let you know how it goes :) Also MMS is supposed to be fixed too! :D

6. 2010gleek

2010gleek Newbie

Okay already notice one thing not working is the Camera, when you try to open it, it says Gallery force closed... And When trying to test MMS I can't since the gallery wont load.

Working:
    3G
    Correctly Shows As Virgin Mobile as Carrier

All done with a clean install.

7. FatalIll

FatalIll Well-Known Member

What is evervolv?

8. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

This might answer that.

Check out the Evervolv wiki from their home page.

ramjet73

9. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

I had the camera working...o_O I flashed 3.2.0 and fixed up MMS (before drew started making VM ones) and the camera opened fine.

10. 2010gleek

2010gleek Newbie

Yeah, he's starting to make Virgin Mobile specific one so that it better fits for our phones... I was up till 4am last night helping with test ROMs and so far no luck on camera or MMS, something that was changed from his BT test ROM and the VM test ROM caused issues.

11. Thedjscr3am

Hope they get it resolved soon. If there's any testing needing to be done, I'm all for flashing :D

12. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

Wonder what he did to break it... 3.2.0 works fine with mms ans camera.

13. OneEyedSniper

OneEyedSniper Newbie

I may be wrong, but I thought JMZ was going to help work on Evervolv for the Evo V? Did he move onto another device?

14. EHokie

EHokie Android Enthusiast

I think he was working on Evervolv 4.1, but only a few nightlies ever showed up.

15. Raul720

Raul720 Member

I believe he's working on Evervolv but for the One V.

16. youngSWi

youngSWi Well-Known Member

Just to let you know, I am on the 1.5.13 nightly for sprint evo CDMA (necro) with the VVM and evervolv MMS fix from the MMS fix thread. Everything works... 3g/4g/VVM/MMS/WiFi. No Bluetooth or 3d but I'll live. :) this is my daily driver now! Love 4.2.1 on my evo v and my nexus 7.

17. XAL2

XAL2 Android Enthusiast

Link??

18. wolfu

wolfu Well-Known Member

Does the camcorder work ?

19. youngSWi

youngSWi Well-Known Member

It opens, but nothing happens when I click record...

20. justin654

justin654 Newbie

Anyone have a mriror link so I can download the nightly? His site is down sooooo. Much appreciated!

21. 2010gleek

2010gleek Newbie

Which one do you want I have a few of them still I can upload them to my dropbox.

22. XAL2

XAL2 Android Enthusiast

Whatever the latest is.

23. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

Here's a dev-host mirror of the 2013.01.06 nightly for Evervolv so nobody has to risk exceeding their bandwidth limit on dropbox if the site stays down for a while. That's the latest version I have.

ramjet73

24. gwz85

gwz85 Well-Known Member

Question do you have to be s-off for this ROM? what about downgrading the hboot?

Thanks.