• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][FINAL] CM7 7.2 RC1 - g60 style [7.11.12]

I use Go launcher EX.
I don't know if this is relevant: I move every app to SD card.

g60madman suggested that I format the system and update from stock rom, so that's what I will try this time. Let me know if you also have any suggestion. Thanks.

I use go launcher also. I get some small issues that I'm not sure where they are coming from. I think I will look into this (if I stop customizing my build for a day). I may have seen this too.
I would try to use AWD for a couple of days to see if it's related. You shouldn't have to uninstall go launcher, just save the settings if you do. I've been playing with AWD today and I gotta say that it responds better IMO. I just like some of the features of go launcher. That, and it's what I've been using sense FroYo.

Upvote 0
I use go launcher also. I get some small issues that I'm not sure where they are coming from. I think I will look into this (if I stop customizing my build for a day). I may have seen this too.
I would try to use AWD for a couple of days to see if it's related. You shouldn't have to uninstall go launcher, just save the settings if you do. I've been playing with AWD today and I gotta say that it responds better IMO. I just like some of the features of go launcher. That, and it's what I've been using sense FroYo.

I've just found the way to replicate the problem.
There is a game called "brain age test free."
Just open that game and exit out; the audible selection goes mute.
Works all the time and works on both Go launcher and AWD.

I also use go launcher because of some of its feature that I like.

Upvote 0
Just for a little tease of whats to come in revision 0.3. Is it CM7, is it ICS, or is it MIUI?

01.png
02.png

Look like cm7 to me ;)

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
Was just thinking...
Is there currently (and if not, could there be) a partial_wakelock called while in call?

Just a thought. May be way off base. :thinking: Comments?

I think the proximity issue maybe resolved on r0.3 which I am currenntly running. There was a ton of updates on frameworks/base from Cynogenmod that I added into this build. I am going to test it some more of course, but as of right now it seems to be fixed (crossing fingers).

Upvote 0
Yes I do have the ICS search bar set as Mike listed. Sadly the proximity is still not working, was fine all day long after 12 calls and then this evening it started up again after I tested #13. I will be working on it this some more this weekend and do not plan to release until it's fixed!!!

03.png

Upvote 0
Yes I do have the ICS search bar set as Mike listed. Sadly the proximity is still not working, was fine all day long after 12 calls and then this evening it started up again after I tested #13. I will be working on it this some more this weekend and do not plan to release until it's fixed!!!

Does anyone know of a CM7 build that doesn't have this bug. Just to be clear, sense there's two of them that seems to exist, the one where the phone would not turn back on after pulling away from the face. If you know of one (I'll be testing Tickerguy's builds next week) post is so someone else can confirm, please. If we can narrow if down, we may find where it got broken.

TG's ROMs, to make it easier to find them. I think that it was in those ROMs. I would love it some else could help with the testing part.:)

Upvote 0
I would start by testing only Betas 1-4, since that's where the changelog says proximity issues were addressed at. What exactly do you mean is the issue with the proximity sensor? The screen turns off or the entire phone shuts down?

As far as I remember, I've been updating since TG's final version to Whyzor to g60, the proximity sensor issue has never been fixed. It works for a few times after initial updates, but it goes back again.

The proxitmity sensor issue is:
"when you move [the phone] away from your face during a call, screen stays off."

The screen suppose to back on automatically without having to push power button.

Reactions: dsmryder
Upvote 0
I'm on whyzor's 3/1 build (cause the old graphic driver works better on a couple games I'm playing.) I have "always use proximity" checked in call settings, one of the things I always do when first setting up cm7. I've been on this build for about a week now after a factory reset. I haven't the proximity issue at all. Today I made another 10 or so calls to an automated line purposefully to test for this issue. Proximity sensor worked each time. I'll keep making a lot of calls over the next days to see if I can get it to act up.

Reactions: dsmryder
Upvote 0
As far as I remember, I've been updating since TG's final version to Whyzor to g60, the proximity sensor issue has never been fixed. It works for a few times after initial updates, but it goes back again.

The proxitmity sensor issue is:
"when you move [the phone] away from your face during a call, screen stays off."

The screen suppose to back on automatically without having to push power button.

Yes I thought that was the case. I am testing out a change in the whyzor's kernel that's been around with TickerGuy. I am not sure this is the fix but this is a good starting point.

https://github.com/g60madman/whyzor_kernel_cm7/commit/04f953db4cbd08ede24935a245791c67929498be

Upvote 0
g60, mind recompiling the whykernel/oc for me with this stepping table 64,122,245,460, 652,808,1024,1200,14**, 15** up to the highest ? id like to test it.

If someone could tell me how to compile just a part of a ROM (I'm still mostly a cut and paster) I could handle requests like this.

Edit: I may have answered my own question, http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Building_Kernel_from_source

I'll know if I have time tonight to get on Linux.

Right now there is 61,122,245,576,768,1024,1113,1209,1305,1401,1516,1612,1708,1804,1900,2016
What other frequencies would you want? I guess the inbetweens? Whyzor took them out because of the overhead that is caused by jumping to a higher frquency that isn't hight enough and needing to re-evaluate.

Upvote 0
64,122,245,460, 652,808,1024,1200,14**, 15**
I like these because I can get a lower undervolt; furthermore, since most single core phones have a 600/800mhz CPUs I wanted those as steps for that range. I don't have a computer just this phone, so i was just curious if he had time to make a tweak.

Upvote 0
Has anyone pulled the Kernel from the latest WIP 2.3.4 (4/29) and tried it in g60's CM7 to see if it enables HDMI?

ofcourse you would aslo have to edit this line in the build.prop

to

It has nothing to do with kernel, there is a lot of code that needs to be edited. I will be implementing wsimon's source for the HDMI in build r0.4. I don't plan to have it working as I need to spend some time with the code but I want to at least get his code into the build.

Here are the directories that need to be edited from the CM7 source code, and here is all the changes wsimon has done

android_vendor_motorola_triumph
android_frameworks_base
android_device_motorola_triumph
android_hardware_msm7k
android_hardware_libhardware

Reactions: Mobstergunz
Upvote 0
It has nothing to do with kernel, there is a lot of code that needs to be edited. I will be implementing wsimon's source for the HDMI in build r0.4. I don't plan to have it working as I need to spend some time with the code but I want to at least get his code into the build.

Here are the directories that need to be edited from the CM7 source code, and here is all the changes wsimon has done

android_vendor_motorola_triumph
android_frameworks_base
android_device_motorola_triumph
android_hardware_msm7k
android_hardware_libhardware

Sounds awesome :) let me know if i can help in anyway

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones