• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] FreeX10 | BETA 4 - NEW BASEBAND FIX | Froyo 2.2.1 | 1/02/2011 | xRecovery

I did and had many problems, I had to reflash to get BETA 3 back, took hours, not worth the messing about

I read through the thread some more, seems it needs new kernel and baseband from SE before it will work correctly. Did you flash back to official 2.1 before flashing beta4, or did you try to flash just kernel.sin + amss.sin and then flashing beta4?

Upvote 0
I read through the thread some more, seems it needs new kernel and baseband from SE before it will work correctly. Did you flash back to official 2.1 before flashing beta4, or did you try to flash just kernel.sin + amss.sin and then flashing beta4?

Well I had semi-bricked my phone anyway, so I flashed the latest 2.1 (new baseband) and then installed beta 4

Upvote 0
Do you have x10i or x10a?
x10i
i flashed the new baseband to my gf's x10i and was thinking i could still run 2.1 eminence on it but i kept getting bootloops and couldnt find a reliable version of 2.1 to work on it, the .435 i found had wifi issues so gave up and put 2.2 beta4 on her phone aswell, not a single problem with that install either.
now shes just got the work of installing all her apps lol

Upvote 0
x10i
i flashed the new baseband to my gf's x10i and was thinking i could still run 2.1 eminence on it but i kept getting bootloops and couldnt find a reliable version of 2.1 to work on it, the .435 i found had wifi issues so gave up and put 2.2 beta4 on her phone aswell, not a single problem with that install either.
now shes just got the work of installing all her apps lol

maybe I went wrong somewhere, but that's unlikely, and I see alot of other people over at XDA are having the same problems as I did, so maybe it's just not working for some

Upvote 0
i also got bootloops, i ran the new firmware via flashtool (so as to have new baseband) - then i installed beta4/gapps and greenglow. worked a treat, so i made a back-up with xrecovery, then tried to recover my 2.1 - and thats when i went into bootloops! so - used the flashtool to get back to a clean 2.1, then my restore worked.!

whichever way i look at it, 2.2 is awesome, but if all future beta versions will be based on the new .54 then i think i'll wait!!!!

Upvote 0
what did you do to get a clean 2.1? as in what version and does this modify the kernal to an older state?
i'm thinking of trying to put my gf's back to a clean 2.1 again so i can reinstall the eminence rom, i dont think shes ready for 2.2 yet but will see how she gets on with her phone today.
i also noticed my battery seems to be running down pretty fast since i installed beta4 and greenglow.
will give it proper test time but its also running slow when running linpack, sometimes 3mflops which cant be right. same thing happened last night but then it was upto 35 after a while but i cant see a reason for it being slow again, its had all night to settle itself.

just tried a reboot as i was getting ads where i shouldnt be and it seems to have sped the phone up a little. still concerned about my battery use, almost 10% in around an hour and i've not done anything apart from check some emails and take a call. again, will give it more time as i'm hoping the reboot has settled something.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the 2.1 global generic firmware (from xda) and flashed it with flashtool, it must do the kernal too as i am now back to the original baseband.

The ftf files with flashtool are amazing, it's like SEUS - except you tell IT what to do - not the other way around!!!

EDIT: all ftf's from here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746
Credit to all the developers involved, this tool is magic!

Reactions: KTP
Upvote 0
what did you do to get a clean 2.1? as in what version and does this modify the kernal to an older state?
i'm thinking of trying to put my gf's back to a clean 2.1 again so i can reinstall the eminence rom, i dont think shes ready for 2.2 yet but will see how she gets on with her phone today.
i also noticed my battery seems to be running down pretty fast since i installed beta4 and greenglow.
will give it proper test time but its also running slow when running linpack, sometimes 3mflops which cant be right. same thing happened last night but then it was upto 35 after a while but i cant see a reason for it being slow again, its had all night to settle itself.

just tried a reboot as i was getting ads where i shouldnt be and it seems to have sped the phone up a little. still concerned about my battery use, almost 10% in around an hour and i've not done anything apart from check some emails and take a call. again, will give it more time as i'm hoping the reboot has settled something.

I used the one below with flashtool, worked a treat

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: 2.1_2.0.2.A.0.24_GENERIC.rar

Reactions: KTP
Upvote 0
thanks guys, i dont mind messing with my phone as i know what i'm doing if it messes up but if i break her phone she will kill me lol
i just assumed i could update the baseband and still run her current 2.1 setup but obviously not and i would rather she ran the eminence rom than most of the other ones which are fairly standard.

also on a sidenote since i rebooted this morning my battery seems to be doing well again

Upvote 0
Hey fellas,quick question,I have

Android Version
Baseband Version
Kernal Version
semcuser@semchost #1
Build number
Freex10-beta2_Zdzihu

Im a little bit confused,I thought I was running beta3 with hotfix 1.
Im using Green Glow V 1.3,but that should only work on Beta 3 or 4.
Its working on mine,so am I using beta 2 or 3 ?

Can/Should I upgrade to beta4,is there any real advantage of doing this ?

Please help :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones