• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Froyocream Sandwich v2.0 released: 3/29

No thing i am noticing is my auto brightness and screen time out setting are sticking. I change them but as soon as i lock then unlock phone the setting are back to defaults. I know don't have a bad from file or flash cause i flash this at least one a day between miui. And the same issue keeps occurring?

Upvote 0
Nice rom! I just got my Triumph yesterday and installing this was amongst the first things I did to it.

Just a couple of problems I am having.

Launcher Pro and ICS keyboard forceclose frequently. And the fonts in app context menus. Ex. Root Explorer>menu key>more fonts are black on a very dark background, you can't see them.

I'd have posted some screen shots but Screenshot ER doesn't want to work right now and I don't feel like going ADB.

Upvote 0
Nice rom! I just got my Triumph yesterday and installing this was amongst the first things I did to it.

Just a couple of problems I am having.

Launcher Pro and ICS keyboard forceclose frequently. And the fonts in app context menus. Ex. Root Explorer>menu key>more fonts are black on a very dark background, you can't see them.

I'd have posted some screen shots but Screenshot ER doesn't want to work right now and I don't feel like going ADB.

you shouldn't be getting force closes try flashing the rom again (you dont have to clear data if your still on FCS)

Upvote 0
Rom Features:

Rooted
Busybox
ICS launcher pro
Custom unlock/lock sounds
Custom fonts
Custom splash image
Custom boot animation
ICS icons
ICS Market
Themed Notification Bar
Themed Volume Bar
1% battery MOD
ICS music player
performance tweaks
ICS keyboard
Black MMS - thanks to b_randon14
bKernel-0.24-EXT3-DEV - thanks to b_randon14
ICS ringtones, alarms, ui, and notification sounds
DSP Manager
Thunder.prop - thanks to JollyRoger87
Custom Shutdown
Silent boot and shutdown

Does this ROM support WIFI tethering?

Upvote 0
Great rom guys, I just loaded it and it's nice and clean!!! One question

Is it possible to have a drop down like CM7 to get right to Wireless, Bluetooth, etc.? Not sure if there is an app like that.

Again thanks for the work :D

I'm wondering the same thing since I am VERY tempted in trying this rom.
The drop-down power control is one feature I love in CM7, but not being able to leave Wifi on while idle without a severe battery drain is really making me want to go back to a stock based rom :)

Upvote 0
Has anyone else seen this issue with froyocream? The phone loses radio functionality after it comes out of sleep mode. It shows "searching for service" every time it comes out of sleep. I have to toggle airplane mode to get phone service back. I've gone back to stock for the time being.

nope just do a clean flash it should get rid of most issues. love the rom! had to make a few tweaks =)
device-2012-01-08-194319.png

Upvote 0
GREAT ROM
Works good with gameloft games better than CM7

only thing I see slugguish is my email notif (seems slow) (gmail) took about 30 minutes to let me I have new mail

REQUEST:

.Please add pull down for bluetooth and wireless
.Please add screenshot and reboot option
.and yes please fix I see where copy and paste don't work in web broswer (stock browser)

THANK YOU

Upvote 0
Just flashed v1.2 a few hours ago, liking a lot of things about the ROM so far (Colors, feel, icons, UI, sounds, fonts), BUT. As far as I've been able to see from all the phones and ROMs I've gone through in my life, there's one thing I've noticed in ALL of them: If you remove the music.apk that comes included STOCK with the software (Like the Froyo or GingerBread music.apk), even if you replace it with another or different one, the ability to attach audio to an MMS is destroyed along with it...as is the case with your "FroyoCream Sandwhich v1.2" ROM.

LUCKILY, I have a backup of the stock music.apk from the MT. I've tried restoring it with Titanium Backup to no avail, sadly :(

I actually had to download the stock MT ROM and extract the music.apk from it (since i couldn't get it from TB or any of my backups). I tried manually moving it (with Root Explorer, since ES File Explorer was having trouble getting root access no matter what version of SU was installed) to the /system/app directory, rebooting, and then finding it again and installing it to try and get my audio MMS working again, but it didn't re-install. THAT is the trouble with some ROMs, removing apps doesn't necessarily mean you can restore them later...

If you could (in your guys' next update of course) put the stock music.apk back into the ROM, to where it's functional, AND audio MMS works, I'd be nearly 100% sold with this ROM. I use that feature frequently, sending my friends random ringtones and stuff. Not having that capability pulls the quality of this ROM down in that something that the phone can do stock can't be done in a custom ROM designed to be better than stock. I'm sure if you asked around, not many like the Google Music app, not to mention that the one you included is either not signed, corrupt, or the market link has been removed, due to it not being able to update via the Market.

I've also noticed these other bugs with the ROM in v1.2 so far:

1. the ES File Explorer app included has trouble gaining root access, as mentioned before above.
  2. Text in the notification dropdown menu, as well as in some app menus and settings (such as in the "More" tab in ES File Explorer, when selected after pressing the menu button to access options) is EXTREMELY dark, and in some cases very near to or impossible to read.

Other than that, this ROM is very nice. Most Froyo ROMs can't get to this point without any major bugs to deal with (non-mirrored front camera pics/video, framework issues, lagging, FCs, etc.), but you've managed it with very little wrong whatsoever. I'm making this ROM my daily driver, seems cleaner, smoother, in some aspects even faster than all the other MT ROMs put forth so far. Good luck! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones