• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Frunisher v1.0|LG Ally|Android 2.2.1|VS740ZVD|Wicked Fast|Stable|Themed {Updated 4-4-11}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this did more, but now I get the message

"Read-only file system".

It's not the biggest deal in the world, but I think I might just flash the alternate boot screen. It's annoying when you're at work and the damn Punisher starts talking, haha.

You need to remount it to write, not hard there is a script for it but i think the one in deaths op has a typo. The correct script is sysrw but thats off the top of my head.

Upvote 0
Hey everybody, new here. I've been testing various ROMs and am currently in the process of going back to stock. I installed Frunisher first and moved on to Velocity at some point, but through all the changes I haven't been able to get rid of the Frunisher skull animation at startup. Any thoughts / suggestions?

I forget if death had a script for that. maye bmgr? I think flashing velocity 1.1 would do it. It definitly gives you the ability to change the image, stock being an option.

Upvote 0
ok man i just installed my backup because i have to send my phone in for replasment and i do not have the lg splash screen no more and i need that back on my phone like bad so can you send me some info on how to get the lg ally lg splash screen back just pm me on how i can do this and thank you for the help if ya can help me man

Upvote 0
ok man i just installed my backup because i have to send my phone in for replasment and i do not have the lg splash screen no more and i need that back on my phone like bad so can you send me some info on how to get the lg ally lg splash screen back just pm me on how i can do this and thank you for the help if ya can help me man

ok i relooked at your post and fond what i was looking for forget what i just asked lol

Upvote 0
I realize this thread has been dormant for quite some time, but I wanted to mention that I installed frunisher and the patch for the first time a couple days ago with some unexpected results.

First and foremost, I can overclock with this ROM. In both stock and velocity (through 1.1) my phone has always rebooted if I overclock. I have been running frunisher at 729 MHz for 2 days of solid use and no reboots. I wonder what is different?

Second, my battery charges to 100%. In every previous ROM my phone would always drop to 96% as soon as I unplugged it from AC. This happened no matter what I did to reset batt stats, etc. In Frunisher it stays at 100% when I pull the plug.

And finally, on the subject of battery...I am getting massively better battery life, even while overclocked. Huge improvement...for example, my phone only lost 6% in about 8 hours of standby at work last night. Normally, I was seeing a drop of 20 to 25%, sometimes more.

so...for my particular Ally, Frunisher seems to be the best ROM available both in terms of speed and battery.

Upvote 0
I tried going back for a bit but found that my battery life varies with each rom. I'm thinking network access is my problem... Been back with velocity for a while and I think I have it set up largely like frunisher.

Death2all110 is working with the velocity team to support a dying device. If you want a frunisher feature on velocity, savious might be able to script it for you...

Upvote 0
Been using Frunisher for a month now, and overall, I'm pretty happy with it. One issue that's recently cropped up, though: I no longer seem to receive new e-mail notifications, even with 3G auto-sync, etc. enabled. Can anyone determine a reason for this? My phone's set to only sync my priority inbox, if that helps.

Then it's only syncing your priority inbox, which you probably don't have set through your gmail account. Or set incorrectly. Let it sync all inbox for a day and see what happens.

Upvote 0
I LOVE FRUNISHER! fastest rom so far and the longest that my battery lasts so far for any rom.

Only issue that I have is that the android updater will pop up from time to time asking me to update and I don't know what to do. I tried to let it update then fail out and stop asking, like I did with Velocity 1.1, but after reboot the auto updater for android comes up again.

I see that their is a script but I tried "update" "Update" and other variations and couldn't get it to run...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones