• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM][GB 2.3.5][Cyanoid][v 4.0.1] FINAL 03/24/2013

thats cool.
I dont really enjoy doing traditional roms anymore. id rather build from source.
Cm7 for chaser.. its close. same black screen issue i had with recovery.

as for your status 6 error.. check the target assert. if that doesnt work.. you may need to repack the zip. sometime they become corrupt for no aparent reason

Well..... I can't do that. Building from source takes talent something I lack alot of lol.
You have done Kernels,Osiris and infinity all which were the best of software for the device.

Upvote 0
Ok I was in the wrong .zip , Boot.img was preasent. The real issue was:

Code:
unmount("/system");unmount("/data");

when it should have been:

Code:
unmount("/system");
unmount("/data");

Dizzle. Or anyone else for that matter. I am trying to root my Optimus Slider VM701 but all root exploits are saying requires PC. The exploit is zergrush, I am thinking that I can open terminal emulator and run the same commands in there that the run.bat executable does.... but not sure. Any suggestions guys?

Upvote 0
No you can't, Windows command Prompts are different then Linux terminal commands. If you try to run a windows program in OSX or linux it doesn't work because the code isn't for the same dependencies. Try downloading superuser from the market and running gingerbreak from the XDA forums.

Gingerbreak won't work :( , already tried. Found some shell commands on zergrush site I'm gonna try. But.... theoretically could it be done from terminal emulation with the correct command entries?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
updater script error was show_progress(0.2, 10unmount("/system")

changed to show_progress(0.2, 10);unmount("/system")

here is the fixed download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/boce5zjyq1tafha/chaser-921_signed_030313_091922.zip?m

I was able to install and it works except for the flickering screen not sure if it is a touch screen issue

Thanks, I wish I could have fixed this. Unfortunately I don't have the device. I will work on the PC connection issue. and as far as screen flickering that is from the FPS cap being removed. =)

Reactions: Dreamer112679
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones