• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][GB 2.3.6]HalfAssRom 2.1 - Stock on EXT4!

I have been unable to reproduce the issue you are reporting.
You don't have old data in your SSM partitions, do you?
I'm going to try again here shortly. I'm going to completely format and re-partition my card and start from a fresh FE16 Odin. I think something could be up with my sdcard as it is right now. I just tried to connect with USB and it actually rebooted my phone. I'll report back.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone's efforts in this to make a better stock experience.

I ODIN'd to rooted FE19 with CWM, then installed HAR 2.0 via CWM and everything has worked alright (got stuck in a few bootloops but clearing the cache/dalvik cache fixed these). Enabled koumamod setting to Data with disable internal storage.

However, a couple things don't seem quite right. Facebook and a couple other apps (like google play music) won't launch at all. Any insight?

I am super excited about having a 1gb partition to store apps on, but facebook is a must. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone's efforts in this to make a better stock experience.

I ODIN'd to rooted FE19 with CWM, then installed HAR 2.0 via CWM and everything has worked alright (got stuck in a few bootloops but clearing the cache/dalvik cache fixed these). Enabled koumamod setting to Data with disable internal storage.

However, a couple things don't seem quite right. Facebook and a couple other apps (like google play music) won't launch at all. Any insight?

I am super excited about having a 1gb partition to store apps on, but facebook is a must. Thanks again!

Try fixing permissions. Every time I flash rom I gota do that and data for almost every app is fixed. After that only few app permissions are changed when I run fix permissions

Upvote 0
Try fixing permissions. Every time I flash rom I gota do that and data for almost every app is fixed. After that only few app permissions are changed when I run fix permissions

Thanks. It seems like uninstalling the testy apps, and unchecking "disable internal storage" on Koumamod, and reinstalling FB, play music, etc. did the trick. But I also encountered a few bootloops in the android boot screen, and in the boost bootscreen, so out of frustration I tried just about everything in the CWM menus. Whatever it was, it worked.

Now my question is, how come I "disabled internal storage" but my app manager still shows apps taking space on the partition of my SD card? Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about the Koumamod settings, or the Kouma Kernel itself, for that matter.

But, I got it all to work; apps/UI are running a bit snappier after the initial load, and the reboots seem to take a little longer than before. I am using the stock 2gb sd card included with the Prevail, partitioned as so: ~1gb EXT, ~0.75gb FAT, ~0.25gb Swap.

Now, if only I could change the rainbow lockscreen background.

Upvote 0
Now my question is, how come I "disabled internal storage" but my app manager still shows apps taking space on the partition of my SD card?

You disabled the INTERNAL storage (in the phone) You're now using 'external storage' (sdext) AS internal

The sdext becomes your NEW internal. So since the old one isn't needed, you disable it.

Upvote 0
Right. But I disabled the "disable internal storage" option, but my phone is still using the sdext... Hence my confusion.

You phone does not know any better.
you disabled /dev/stl13 with is the internal flash block assigned to /data
you are using /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 as /data which is external storage

Android looks at the space for whatever is mounted at /data and is unable to tell what it really is

Andoid's developers hardcoded the text "Internal" to refer to /data

There should be no confusion if you do not compare apples to oranges

Upvote 0
Im running FE16.
Debloated it some..
Trying to take out more useless apps. ..

Wish I could make it deodexd.
To theme it

I sent kouma a deodexed copy of the update. It's not quite the same as his version, but close. It's pretty much stock. Maybe he would send it to you if you ask him nicely.;)

If not, I'm sure I may have the version I did from the update laying around.

Reactions: Rarewolf
Upvote 0
I sent kouma a deodexed copy of the update. It's not quite the same as his version, but close. It's pretty much stock. Maybe he would send it to you if you ask him nicely.;)

If not, I'm sure I may have the version I did from the update laying around.

Lolz.,ill ask.
If deosnt have it anymore ill,try n get it from you. XD
All I'll need then is to get rid of the extra apps that are just there. XD

Upvote 0
Lolz.,ill ask.
If deosnt have it anymore ill,try n get it from you. XD
All I'll need then is to get rid of the extra apps that are just there. XD

HAR 2.0 is deodexed, and meant for using as a springboard for other roms.

I also forwarded the PM Skater sent me with a link to his build

Reactions: The~Skater~187
Upvote 0
Okay...I was on CTMod 3.6 using SSM. I flashed HAR, after making a backup of the ctmod setup, so I could use photaf's auto pic mode, and so I would stop getting the fe16 update pushed while I'm trying to text.. I'm now using data mode on HAR. I use google navigation, it works on CTmod but when on HAR it constantly says "searching for gps". Any other info you guys need before giving me some pointers? Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones