• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]{GB 2.3.7}187MoD-HoneyBread6 +[Kernel]Genocide 2.6.35.14 For Non-CM7 (4/11/12)

Upvote 0
so I was woundering if its possible to download a rom or any of the mods on this sight directly with my phone. ive always used my pc but its broken now and all I have is my phone. stuff I DL with phone showes up in downloads on sd card and I can see it there in CWM but didnt no if it was safe to flash that way.

Upvote 0
so I was woundering if its possible to download a rom or any of the mods on this sight directly with my phone. ive always used my pc but its broken now and all I have is my phone. stuff I DL with phone showes up in downloads on sd card and I can see it there in CWM but didnt no if it was safe to flash that way.

If your connection is good enough you can. I download mods and other stuff all the time.

Upvote 0
Well I've noticed that emoticons in honeybread 2 are more like this :) but green and the emoticons of honeybread 4 are like the regular android faces but blue i was wondering if there's anyway to like put the emoticons of honeybread 4 into 2 (sorry I accidently put gingerbread instead of honey bread)

Why not just upgrade roms? You can always pull my kernel out and add the stock or Kouma kernel, if you don't care for the integrated app2sd.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry if this has been covered in the thread before...

So my 3G connection/phone reception is not very stable. Like if I hold it sitll, I get all bars, I move the phone back and forth, the bars go down to two or three. Hold it still, and they all come back. This has never happened to me before. And I have noticed that my bars are lower than they were in the same place with any of the previous mods I've used or stock. I flashed the FA19 GB image before installing - should I have used EJ06 GB?

Also my battery does not last very long at all. On the last mod I had, I would have around 20%-40% left at the end of the day, depending on how much I used my phone. With this mod, I have 10% or less, and I am using the phone less because I can see in the middle of the day that I'm not going to make it home before it dies. I think this is because it is always trying to get service - the above issue.

Any suggestions on what I can do to improve this? I love this rom - if the reception and battery issues can be fixed I'm going to stick with it, otherwise I will have to change :(

------

Also, I have the same problem of not being to access local images when trying to change the wallpaper. I'm not getting any error messages or force closes. The button just does not work - it doesn't seem like it has the ability to be pressed. I tried re-installing the live wallpaper picker from Titanium Backup, but it wouldn't install - you usually need that to change the wallpaper, at least that is what I have found.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry if this has been covered in the thread before...

So my 3G connection/phone reception is not very stable. Like if I hold it sitll, I get all bars, I move the phone back and forth, the bars go down to two or three. Hold it still, and they all come back. This has never happened to me before. And I have noticed that my bars are lower than they were in the same place with any of the previous mods I've used or stock. I flashed the FA19 GB image before installing - should I have used EJ06 GB?

Also my battery does not last very long at all. On the last mod I had, I would have around 20%-40% left at the end of the day, depending on how much I used my phone. With this mod, I have 10% or less, and I am using the phone less because I can see in the middle of the day that I'm not going to make it home before it dies. I think this is because it is always trying to get service - the above issue.

Any suggestions on what I can do to improve this? I love this rom - if the reception and battery issues can be fixed I'm going to stick with it, otherwise I will have to change :(

------

Also, I have the same problem of not being to access local images when trying to change the wallpaper. I'm not getting any error messages or force closes. The button just does not work - it doesn't seem like it has the ability to be pressed. I tried re-installing the live wallpaper picker from Titanium Backup, but it wouldn't install - you usually need that to change the wallpaper, at least that is what I have found.

I haven't been able to test how everything works with FA19, I have been busy working on a new update, but I will look into it. For the battery issue, it may be the way I have the kernel setup. Try another kernel, maybe and let me know if it helps. I'm still learning all this as I go so I make many mistakes. Now for your wallpaper issue, you'll have to installed Gallery3D.apk or an equivalent.

Reactions: SnowDawg
Upvote 0
I had a busy morning lol. I used “Odin - FA19 Gingerbread Rooted Image with CWM5 by Koumajutsu” Thank you Koumajutsu.

I then partitioned my card and installed HoneyBread4

Skater, I don’t know if it’s the FA19 update or your scripts or just how images work but combined I’m getting a better signal reception.

Bluetooth as always paired nicely. I love my Jawbone!

Thank you for the update:D.

shot_000002.jpg
shot_000004.jpg

Im working on a 2.3.6 update from hroarks port and one from the stock boost 2.3.6 Rom now. So I may need some testers. If your interested let me know.

Reactions: Bandaid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones