• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]{GB 2.3.7}187MoD-HoneyBread6 +[Kernel]Genocide 2.6.35.14 For Non-CM7 (4/11/12)

i just put honeybread on my prevail. it looks awsome. nice work to all involved. but i am haveing an issue. i cant get on the market. it just says no connection and to retry. also what is A2SDGUI? when i click the icon it opens but has a sub window that says "exiting A2SDGUI" and says could not start for one of the following reasons
1)your device is not rooted
2)A2SDscripts couldnot be found
3)no EXT partition found
not sure what this even does but its saying there is some kind of issue. looking for some pointers. other then that it looks sweet. im still seeing how everything works

Upvote 0
i just put honeybread on my prevail. it looks awsome. nice work to all involved. but i am haveing an issue. i cant get on the market. it just says no connection and to retry. also what is A2SDGUI? when i click the icon it opens but has a sub window that says "exiting A2SDGUI" and says could not start for one of the following reasons
1)your device is not rooted
2)A2SDscripts couldnot be found
3)no EXT partition found
not sure what this even does but its saying there is some kind of issue. looking for some pointers. other then that it looks sweet. im still seeing how everything works

Thanks. I'd give the majority of the credit to Blood, Kouma, and Hroark. Their developments are what I used as a guideline and template. I'm extremely new to this so being able to reverse engineer and see how others worked as well as everyone answering all my questions helped me big time. As for the market issue, try to clear the data for the market and reboot. Should work fine after that.
A2SD is a app for installing apps to your sdcard (if partitioned correctly with ClockworkMod Recovery) instead of to the internal memory of the phone. To get this working you have to follow the steps here: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...rktremor-a2sd-prevail-updated-11-18-11-a.html

Upvote 0
i to am new to this. a lot newer then yourself. dont no if ill ever have the time to do the cool stuff you guys create. when you say clear data from market, where do i do that from? i am also haveing trouble with the internet now. i changed my homepage from google to yahoo. when i got on it says i dont have connection. any insite on that?

Upvote 0
Just wondering before I try this going from CTMod 2.4 if an advanced restore - data restore will work after installing this. Obviously going from CTMod versions ie 2.3 to 2.4 I was able to do a full backup and then install the updated version and then go back into CWM do advanced restore and just restore data and get all of my apps and stuff back without having to do all the work :)

Would be a nice thing for others that might be leery to try it and have to manually install all their apps or even restore them from something like TB.

Will let you know how it goes after I try it one way or the other.

I also already been trying out different PRL's hopefully since I already changed my PRL this works fine....don't understand/know why you need a different one though

Upvote 0
Just wondering before I try this going from CTMod 2.4 if an advanced restore - data restore will work after installing this. Obviously going from CTMod versions ie 2.3 to 2.4 I was able to do a full backup and then install the updated version and then go back into CWM do advanced restore and just restore data and get all of my apps and stuff back without having to do all the work :)

Would be a nice thing for others that might be leery to try it and have to manually install all their apps or even restore them from something like TB.

Will let you know how it goes after I try it one way or the other.

I also already been trying out different PRL's hopefully since I already changed my PRL this works fine....don't understand/know why you need a different one though

Im not sure about the back up idea. Havent tried it. So if you do, let me know what happens.

Upvote 0
i to am new to this. a lot newer then yourself. dont no if ill ever have the time to do the cool stuff you guys create. when you say clear data from market, where do i do that from? i am also haveing trouble with the internet now. i changed my homepage from google to yahoo. when i got on it says i dont have connection. any insite on that?

To clear data go to menu>settings>applications>manage aplications. Find the market and select it, then select clear data and reboot.

Upvote 0
Thinking about Removing swype and adding Swype Beta. Any thoughts?

I personally don’t use “swype” or care for it. However it’s a nice touch to have options ;). That doesnt help much I know lol.

Geez I disappear for a week and your hard at work with an update. Props Skater! I’ll have time to update Saturday, I’m looking forward to this.

Reactions: The~Skater~187
Upvote 0
I personally don’t use “swype” or care for it. However it’s a nice touch to have options ;). That doesnt help much I know lol.

Geez I disappear for a week and your hard at work with an update. Props Skater! I’ll have time to update Saturday, I’m looking forward to this.

Its now rocking the sweet paper you did for my girl. I thought it was a awesome touch. I put you up in the op also.

Reactions: Bandaid
Upvote 0
Here ya go:

HoneyBee.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones