• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][GB][6.20.11]Das BAMF 2.1

Is the initial scare of flashing GB radios done? Is there no longer a risk of bricking the phone by doing so?

always potential bricking--but from being on the forums (androidcentral, xda, here) for 6-8 hours a day (i multi-task, shut up :)) and seeing the amounts of people going into GB ROM's i can tell you there's really barely anyone who's bricking. i can't even think of a thread in which an issue of "bricking" didn't turn out to simply be:
*the user being in recovery for the 1st time & freaking out
*not knowing what hboot was
*not wiping everything before installing a GB ROM/Radio
*not realizing the volume keys are the 'confirmation' keys to enact options on the screen
... if anything it's people who forgot to flash a GB radio with a GB ROM so they're freaking out about not having service.

follow instructions to the T when flashing the radio, make sure you're not applying AOSP patches over Sense ROM's and always always always check MD5Sums (stuff you probably knew, but just for everyone else)

i've been using the MR2 official radio leak, DasBamf 2.(0.5,0.6,1, and now .1Remix) & imo's kernels and i've been running strong

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am running GB remix 2.1 one huge problem that i am having is the htc widgets for example, if i click on FM radio widget the Bookmarks widget show up .. if i choose the messages one the mail shows up ..even if i put select i dont see the widgets i think this has been mention before but i can't find the thread .. any help ?
EDIT: I wipe data on htc launcher home settings ect.. problem solve ....

Reactions: Boltaholic
Upvote 0
is it normal for the process com.htc.launcher to show up as "loading..." in task manager, battery use and such? also, should the permissions for that process be for basically every function of the phone? saw that "loading..." was using up a lot of memory and battery, and searches didn't return anything useful in regards to this rom specifically or otherwise. i figured this would be the place to ask.

Edit: if it isn't clear, i'm asking about the default launcher for this rom.

Upvote 0
ive been running this ROM for a week or so now, and I LOVE IT!

couple issues though, wondering if anyone has seen this.

first, 4G signal has been less than consistent, not sure if its something to do with the new radio I flashed (MR2) or if there has just been shotty 4G signal in the DC area the last few days.

second, my phone now take a VERY LONG TIME to charge. I can leave it plugged into the wall for 8 hours and it will not be fully charged. I am using an extended battery, but, before I rooted and flashed this ROM it never took this long.

anyone seeing anything like this?

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue, but that app always seems to have problems on my Thunderbolt, regardless of which rom I'm running. Might be because Sirius doesn't seem to support these apps too much, i.e. keep them updated frequently.

Hmmm...Well...it worked fine when I was on 2.0.5 beta but stopped working when I flashed to 2.1. So I know it is not the MR2 radio and must have something to do with the ROM itself. Doesn't make much sense. I've uninstalled and reinstalled from market multiple times and I don't have any problems with other streaming apps (Pandora...)

Upvote 0

first, 4G signal has been less than consistent, not sure if its something to do with the new radio I flashed (MR2) or if there has just been shotty 4G signal in the DC area the last few days.

second, my phone now take a VERY LONG TIME to charge. I can leave it plugged into the wall for 8 hours and it will not be fully charged. I am using an extended battery, but, before I rooted and flashed this ROM it never took this long.

also, starting to have issues with my computer discovering my phone as a USB Mass Storage device... anyone seeing this? maybe i just need to reflash.

Upvote 0
also, starting to have issues with my computer discovering my phone as a USB Mass Storage device... anyone seeing this? maybe i just need to reflash.

Same here. Also I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to change the lock screen apps. I use Handcent for my msging app and I would like to change the native msging app to Handcent on my lockscreen. Ive also found some bugs in the native msging app that I dont want to deal with.

Upvote 0
Same here. Also I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to change the lock screen apps. I use Handcent for my msging app and I would like to change the native msging app to Handcent on my lockscreen. Ive also found some bugs in the native msging app that I dont want to deal with.

What home launcher are you using? I haven't been able to do that from LPP or ADW. So every time I want to change something on Lockscreen, I switch to Sense and use the menu button--> Personalize --> Lockscreen. And I go back to LPP.
I wonder if there is a way to do that right from a third party home launcher.

Upvote 0
What home launcher are you using? I haven't been able to do that from LPP or ADW. So every time I want to change something on Lockscreen, I switch to Sense and use the menu button--> Personalize --> Lockscreen. And I go back to LPP.
I wonder if there is a way to do that right from a third party home launcher.

I'm such an idiot, I totally overlooked the settings button in the lockscreen selector menu. Wow...

Upvote 0

Charging fix kernel was released by imoseyon but it's still kind of experimental, so flash at your own risk:

[GB Kernel] leanKernel: minimalistic kernel (3.4.0GBtest 6/29/11, v3.2.2AOSP 7/4/11) - xda-developers

When the PC connection options come up in the status bar, try switching from charge only mode to internet pass through mode and then to disk drive mode. Sometimes I've had to switch between internet pass through mode to disk drive mode a few times before it was recognized. If that doesn't work, make sure HTC Sync is installed on your comp, then try it again. Worked for me.

Upvote 0
Im trying to flash the Recent Apps patch but its not working. Kind of a newb so maybe Im doing something wrong. I DL'd the file, put it on the root of my SD card, renamed it PG05IMG, and rebooted into recovery. It acted like it was going to update but kicked me back to the recovery main menu without updating. Turned on my phone to double check to see if it flashed and no dice. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
This is my first ROM since I rooted a couple days ago. Everything is great so far! Very fast! I am having a few small issues though.
1. The HTC hub FCs
2. When I receive texts, the time received is off by +1 hour.

Anyone else?

I have the incoming text problem it's kind of annoying but i deal with it kinda wish my outgoing were off by an hour too because it arranges my conversations all confusing haha

To the people that are having a problem with no SIGNAL what so ever . I had that problem with the first GB radio I flashed then tried the Alpha one that CyberPitz has linked in a post above and it works great

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones