1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [ROM][GB][6.20.11]Das BAMF 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Trident, Jun 20, 2011.

1. EKG

EKG Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 7, 2010
    Is the initial scare of flashing GB radios done? Is there no longer a risk of bricking the phone by doing so?

Advertisement

2. project.in.process

project.in.process Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Production Engineer
    Charlotte, NC

always potential bricking--but from being on the forums (androidcentral, xda, here) for 6-8 hours a day (i multi-task, shut up :)) and seeing the amounts of people going into GB ROM's i can tell you there's really barely anyone who's bricking. i can't even think of a thread in which an issue of "bricking" didn't turn out to simply be:
    *the user being in recovery for the 1st time & freaking out
    *not knowing what hboot was
    *not wiping everything before installing a GB ROM/Radio
    *not realizing the volume keys are the 'confirmation' keys to enact options on the screen
    ... if anything it's people who forgot to flash a GB radio with a GB ROM so they're freaking out about not having service.

follow instructions to the T when flashing the radio, make sure you're not applying AOSP patches over Sense ROM's and always always always check MD5Sums (stuff you probably knew, but just for everyone else)

i've been using the MR2 official radio leak, DasBamf 2.(0.5,0.6,1, and now .1Remix) & imo's kernels and i've been running strong

3. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 17, 2010
    Joplin, MO
  4. csaunders_24

csaunders_24 Newbie
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    This is my first ROM since I rooted a couple days ago. Everything is great so far! Very fast! I am having a few small issues though.
    1. The HTC hub FCs
    2. When I receive texts, the time received is off by +1 hour.

Anyone else?

5. AllyWonders

AllyWonders Member
    None

Nov 23, 2010
    I am running GB remix 2.1 one huge problem that i am having is the htc widgets for example, if i click on FM radio widget the Bookmarks widget show up .. if i choose the messages one the mail shows up ..even if i put select i dont see the widgets i think this has been mention before but i can't find the thread .. any help ?
    EDIT: I wipe data on htc launcher home settings ect.. problem solve ....

Boltaholic likes this.
  6. connor227

connor227 Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    is it normal for the process com.htc.launcher to show up as "loading..." in task manager, battery use and such? also, should the permissions for that process be for basically every function of the phone? saw that "loading..." was using up a lot of memory and battery, and searches didn't return anything useful in regards to this rom specifically or otherwise. i figured this would be the place to ask.

Edit: if it isn't clear, i'm asking about the default launcher for this rom.

7. Slewman

Slewman Member
    None

Jan 22, 2010
    Computer Engineer/Software Engineer
    Washington, DC
    ive been running this ROM for a week or so now, and I LOVE IT!

couple issues though, wondering if anyone has seen this.

first, 4G signal has been less than consistent, not sure if its something to do with the new radio I flashed (MR2) or if there has just been shotty 4G signal in the DC area the last few days.

second, my phone now take a VERY LONG TIME to charge. I can leave it plugged into the wall for 8 hours and it will not be fully charged. I am using an extended battery, but, before I rooted and flashed this ROM it never took this long.

anyone seeing anything like this?

8. RockyCJC

RockyCJC Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Hmmm...Well...it worked fine when I was on 2.0.5 beta but stopped working when I flashed to 2.1. So I know it is not the MR2 radio and must have something to do with the ROM itself. Doesn't make much sense. I've uninstalled and reinstalled from market multiple times and I don't have any problems with other streaming apps (Pandora...)

9. Slewman

Slewman Member
    None

Jan 22, 2010
    Computer Engineer/Software Engineer
    Washington, DC
    also, starting to have issues with my computer discovering my phone as a USB Mass Storage device... anyone seeing this? maybe i just need to reflash.

10. jive495

jive495 Lurker
    None

May 15, 2010
    Same here. Also I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to change the lock screen apps. I use Handcent for my msging app and I would like to change the native msging app to Handcent on my lockscreen. Ive also found some bugs in the native msging app that I dont want to deal with.

11. Boltaholic

Boltaholic Member
    None

Jun 18, 2011

What home launcher are you using? I haven't been able to do that from LPP or ADW. So every time I want to change something on Lockscreen, I switch to Sense and use the menu button--> Personalize --> Lockscreen. And I go back to LPP.
    I wonder if there is a way to do that right from a third party home launcher.

12. jive495

jive495 Lurker
    None

May 15, 2010
    I'm such an idiot, I totally overlooked the settings button in the lockscreen selector menu. Wow...

13. Cinder

Cinder Guest
    None
    Charging fix kernel was released by imoseyon but it's still kind of experimental, so flash at your own risk:

[GB Kernel] leanKernel: minimalistic kernel (3.4.0GBtest 6/29/11, v3.2.2AOSP 7/4/11) - xda-developers

When the PC connection options come up in the status bar, try switching from charge only mode to internet pass through mode and then to disk drive mode. Sometimes I've had to switch between internet pass through mode to disk drive mode a few times before it was recognized. If that doesn't work, make sure HTC Sync is installed on your comp, then try it again. Worked for me.

14. jcochran1977

jcochran1977 Newbie
    None

Jan 18, 2010
    I have an HTC Thunderbolt and I REALLY want to update to 2.3.4 Gingerbread but I am having a very difficult time finding out the exact process I need to follow to safely do it without bricking my phone.

I need help really bad please......

15. jcnyc

jcnyc Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Hey guys just wondering I just installed das bamf 2.1 but the sense version in the about phone section is still sense 2.1?? Is it supposed to be this or 3.0? Am confused here. It doesn't have the same scrolling animation as my gf's sensation

16. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    This is not a full 3.0 port. This is what you are looking for.

17. jive495

jive495 Lurker
    None

May 15, 2010
    Im trying to flash the Recent Apps patch but its not working. Kind of a newb so maybe Im doing something wrong. I DL'd the file, put it on the root of my SD card, renamed it PG05IMG, and rebooted into recovery. It acted like it was going to update but kicked me back to the recovery main menu without updating. Turned on my phone to double check to see if it flashed and no dice. Any suggestions?

18. psproull

psproull Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2009
    I installed the das bamf rom and I now have no connectivty on my bar. This has happend for every rom I have try to download and install lately. I saw above someone mentioned to flash the rom, but how do i do that? please help thanks

19. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    I have the incoming text problem it's kind of annoying but i deal with it kinda wish my outgoing were off by an hour too because it arranges my conversations all confusing haha

To the people that are having a problem with no SIGNAL what so ever . I had that problem with the first GB radio I flashed then tried the Alpha one that CyberPitz has linked in a post above and it works great