• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] GB-CMod7-Beta

i got mms to work with this and it dosent say virgin mobile no more it says Roaming Indicator [4.13.2011] MetrOFF v1.1 | MetroPCS One-Flash-Fix [MMS] - xda-developers I downloaded and used this one MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB]-[CM_AOSP] maybe you can find out what was change in the zip file and incorporate it to the GB Beta ROM :)

For people just trying the Rom for first time remeber to click menu button, go to settings>cyanogenmod settings>display> screen on and screen off animations get turned off
and also set a live wallpaper so it wont have a Black screen when locked

Upvote 0
i got mms to work with this and it dosent say virgin mobile no more it says Roaming Indicator [4.13.2011] MetrOFF v1.1 | MetroPCS One-Flash-Fix [MMS] - xda-developers I downloaded and used this one MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB]-[CM_AOSP] maybe you can find out what was change in the zip file and incorporate it to the GB Beta ROM :)

For people just trying the Rom for first time remeber to click menu button, go to settings>cyanogenmod settings>display> screen on and screen off animations get turned off
and also set a live wallpaper so it wont have a Black screen when locked

Yeah I looked at that but it didn't work for me. It changes the settings in com.providers.telephony which can't be edited to my knowledge with out using the flash method

Upvote 0
Ithought this phone didnt have the right processor to run flash?

I thought the same thing but ol' boy at the top of the page said he successfully installed it..... i installed it too but it doesnt enable the flash or anything to work..... so im assuming it will install because its from the optimus v.. but it wont work due to the fact it doesnt have a armv7 proccesser if im correct...

Upvote 0
Reppard

Thanks for your hard work. Donating ASAP. It's working really well. Looking forward to updates. This is the only ROM anyone should be running on the Optimus M.

Thank you sir. I've had really good results so far. I've had a random reboot here and there but that happened with stock too. I've noticed video playback has improved greatly and even games seem to have better frame rates. I don't know why LG is dragging it'd feet on this cause its pretty obvious these phones can run gingerbread pretty well.

Upvote 0
Can we have everyones output on how the battery life has been? Also can we get info on anybody who has the experience to make a 2.3 compatible recovery? Also what about reboot inro recovery from the power button menu? Thanks guys

you can reboot into recovery from the power button menu in this rom... unless your talking about something else. :thinking:

Upvote 0
i'm testing this rom myself, have noticed a few things that could be improved but it is a beta and the most important things work :D i'll do what i can to improve on it, i might actually remove all traces of cyanogen as well :O personal use only tho but if i can get mms or USB or proper graphics for the animations then i'll release that :) thanks again reppard for your hard work on this rom :D! soo many people have been waiting for a decent working 2.3 c:

Upvote 0
So did you flash that file via recovery or did you just use the mms apk only? I've tried both and neither worked for me :/

okay my first try i flashed your ROM let it fully boot rebooted into recovery then flashed this zip MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB]-[CM_AOSP].zip.... When i flashed the MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB]-[CM_AOSP].zip i noticed it showed Roaming Indicator when locked and i was able to receive and send messages so I re-flashed your ROM and did not receive mms and i repacked your Rom with just the mms.apk from MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB]-[CM_AOSP].zip and Flashed the Repacked test Rom with the mms.apk in it and i was able to receive text messages and send them.

P.S.You Could also try MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB_Froyo]-[CM_AOSP]-[no_Mms.apk].zip it worked for me aswell

If you cant get it to work you can P.M me and tell me how to dump the rom and ill link it to you after upload if it will help.

Maybe it was something in between flashing got it working somewhere but im not the expert those are just the things i did to see if it works and it did.

Upvote 0
okay my first try i flashed your ROM let it fully boot rebooted into recovery then flashed this zip MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB]-[CM_AOSP].zip.... When i flashed the MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB]-[CM_AOSP].zip i noticed it showed Roaming Indicator when locked and i was able to receive and send messages so I re-flashed your ROM and did not receive mms and i repacked your Rom with just the mms.apk from MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB]-[CM_AOSP].zip and Flashed the Repacked test Rom with the mms.apk in it and i was able to receive text messages and send them.

P.S.You Could also try MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB_Froyo]-[CM_AOSP]-[no_Mms.apk].zip it worked for me aswell

If you cant get it to work you can P.M me and tell me how to dump the rom and ill link it to you after upload if it will help.

Maybe it was something in between flashing got it working somewhere but im not the expert those are just the things i did to see if it works and it did.

The issue isn't with text its with picture and video, text should work without modification

Upvote 0
CMod7-Beta theme

2em3jhu.png

Reactions: tripdoc79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones