• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] GB Miui For DX!! (1.9.16.1)

So, after running this for a while...what is everyone's opinion of it now?

i was running this for a day and spent a pretty fair amount of time customizing it. The one thing I don't like is the lack of an apps drawer, otherwise I love it.

However, all of a sudden it started FC'ing like crazy and had all sorts of weird problems, including preventing me from booting into recovery. Had to SBF back to a stock 602 file and go from there.

Anyone else had this problem?

Upvote 0
i was running this for a day and spent a pretty fair amount of time customizing it. The one thing I don't like is the lack of an apps drawer, otherwise I love it.

However, all of a sudden it started FC'ing like crazy and had all sorts of weird problems, including preventing me from booting into recovery. Had to SBF back to a stock 602 file and go from there.

Put apps in a folder and use alt drawer http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1154299

Upvote 0

I started having this problem, has to be theme/app/restored data issue, right after install phone runs great, start "making it yours" and apps including system apps starting dropping like flies - wipe all your cache in CWR by rebooting, this seemed to help me for now.

EDIT: Don't let that discourage you from the ROM though, I love the fact that things that didn't work before work now, battery life seems to be about the same to a little better than before. I'm going to start playing with the firewall and see if I can block some unnecessary movement and see what that does if anything -

Upvote 0
I have the same problem "not booting into CWR" so how do I go about clearing cache..it does seem to happen once I install a new theme!

edit: I can't get into the stock recovery either..this is frustrating..i COMPLETELY understand how to sbf but I wish it didn't have to come to that

to get into stock recovery through miui is one of 2 ways,

hold power button and hit recovery

or hold home+power and release power while still holding home when the phone starts to boot up

if your trying to get to cwr and cant, open terminal emulator, and type
su
reboot recovery

and thats all you need to do

Upvote 0
to get into stock recovery through miui is one of 2 ways,

hold power button and hit recovery

or hold home+power and release power while still holding home when the phone starts to boot up

if your trying to get to cwr and cant, open terminal emulator, and type
su
reboot recovery

and thats all you need to do

^BINGO^ - That's how I had to do it when it kept rebooting when I tried to shut her down, well pull the battery then enter stock recovery, that worked like a charm - the new version's "reboot into CWR" option does work, as long as the phone is working properly that is (when glitchy it rebooted into the package installer and sat there until I did a hard reset)

Upvote 0
well at least that worked for somebody .. not me tho thanks in advance for seeing my question and answering tho..this is what happened in my situation:

method one just reboots the phone normally after the Motorola logo pops up twice (not normal)..method two does the same and using terminal emulator it says su permission denied but i still have Root Access

Upvote 0
Love all the custom options, I've just been messing with this ROM for a day. One thing I can't seem to figure out is Google Voice? I use my Gvoice number for work, I can receive calls and send SMS but I cannot get the prompt to use Gvoice for out going calls?

there is supposidly an issue with Google Voice and MIUI, i would contact DXC or Framework43 over at RootzWiki to see if you can get an answer on whether or not they can fix it

Reactions: dragonbro
Upvote 0
Agreed, this rom is sweet! I'm having a hell of a time trying to flash to the new .23? Every time I try to boot into recovery it just reboots and acts like a fresh install of .16 and I have to apply all settings again???

I'm sure I'm doing something silly.....I've downloaded rom manager and tried that way, but still no luck? How do you all flash from one MiUi to the next?

Upvote 0
do you have superuser permissions enabled??

another way you can do it is
open terminal emulator, download it from the market if you dont have it
type
su
reboot recovery

if you type su and you get permission or access denied, your superuser rights are not turned on and you need to turn them on
open superuser app, hit menu button, setting, and root permission make sure its on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones