1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] GingerBlur

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kpenning, Mar 13, 2011.

1. kpenning

kpenning Member

Advertisement

2. weasel

weasel Android Enthusiast

Looks good !

3. JpRyo532

JpRyo532 Lurker

i downloaded the zip, extracted, ran the install.bat twice, opens up a new window saying: rooting device and 2 seconds after that it just closes the window and nothing happens. rooted with adeo btw

4. gzrecoil

gzrecoil Member

Nice. Running 7.1 now. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks!

This is really awesome so far.

5. gzrecoil

gzrecoil Member

Not sure if it matters but i unrooted with aroot and then installed.

6. gzrecoil

gzrecoil Member

LOVE gingerblur. So much better than stock atrix already. Keep up the good work.

I'm hesitant to upgrade to a newer version, seems like hell and back to flash and re-install :/

Then again, I'm a noob. I'll wait until a major rev catches my eye. Each rev just gets better and better.

Edit: looking back now that I figured out I need 1.2.6 flashing seems really easy.

7. kpenning

kpenning Member

8. jonnyn

jonnyn Lurker

Ahh ! it keeps doing this to me too! is there a solution? ive tried unrooting with aroot as well but nothing.:thinking:

9. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member

plz correct me...since bootloader is locked...by installing this without root...it would just replace the stock rom? and we would not be able to put it back to stock right? is that how it works? If i bought my phone stock, would I just able to straight up install this?

10. stizzi

stizzi Lurker

Wondering the same thing.... Anyone kno?

11. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member

Bumpy bumpy

12. ke6guj

ke6guj Lurker

yes, you can put it back to stock by flashing one of the SBF files.

13. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...

I think kkel19's question was "do you need to be rooted to install this rom", and since I don't have an Atrix yet, I'm not in a position to answer him on it - although my guess would be that you have to be rooted to install a custom rom.

-Mike

14. gzrecoil

gzrecoil Member

Guys, head over to XDA-Developers to view this thread!! This rom is AWESOME and has gone through already 11 revisions or so! It also works with the new update. Read carefully and enjoy!

15. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member

i cant get past the boot recovery..it restarts but then nothing happens!!

16. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member

nvm it worked..freakin sweet!

17. unity04

unity04 Well-Known Member

Has anyone on Bell tried this on their Atrix?

18. riskyrhythm

riskyrhythm Newbie

I was wondering the same thing. Got a response saying that GingerBlur uses at&t's firmware, so its not compatible.

19. gzrecoil

gzrecoil Member

AT&T only.

20. 3tcrob

3tcrob Lurker

Help I have the older version with the factory lock screen and the white notifications bar and want to up date it but everytime I download i dont get a install option when i unzip. The sd card one is a probable for me as 1 my phone doesnt reconize a sd card and 2 when i down load the bootstarp and try to install to phone it says the phone isnt plugged in. Im running a rooted 1.5.7

21. kilasix9

kilasix9 Android Enthusiast

Installed this on my phone last night. Was a breeze and it looks and runs great. It's crazy that I can have the Nexus S live wallpaper and not suffer any more battery drain then when I had my phone running stock.

22. Wazzu16

Wazzu16 Lurker

If I already hae GingerBlur 1.0 on my Atrix will this overide it and update m version?

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews