• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root | ROM | InfectedROM Eternity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I could root my first droid with ABD (guess thats what its called) I sould be able to do this. Yes instructions was very easy. So simple a caveman could do it. I am living proof of that lol.

Close. And I'm not being picky either. This is just an fyi. :)
It's ADB, or Android Debug Bridge.

-So, that's YOU in all those commercials! I'm honored to meet you! Big fan! :D

Upvote 0
Just got this ROM yesterday...loving it! Does anyone know if I can replace the Messages/Phone apps from the lock screen with Handcent SMS/TouchPal Dialer? (And/or if anyone has cool looking widgets for those apps, lol)

Yes, you can replace them easily. Phone Menu/Personalize. At the bottom of the screen, you'll see a slide selector with three options. Choose the middle option (Display) and select "Lock Screen Shortcuts."

Reactions: RedDunce
Upvote 0
im gonna hafta take some time and read thru the svn stuff. i hate not updating daily,but i dont wanna download a 400+mb rom daily,either :eek: :D

Then you'll like SVN. You download the full rom the first time. From that point forward, you're allowing it to add and remove files as necessary for the new build.

First Download= The Constitution
Subsequent Downloads= Amendments

The first time will take a few minutes but, after that, you can be zipping up the latest release a few seconds after you click the mouse. ;)

Reactions: McLabia
Upvote 0
One question: when i zip all files in my synergy folder, do i put the svn folder in the zip also?

No. I guess I should add this to the info in that link but, if you're unsure of exactly what you need to zip, do this.

Right click on the main folder.
Mouse over the sub-menu labeled "TortoiseSVN."
From the resulting list of options, select "Export."
Choose or create an empty folder for the files to be exported.
These files are the ones you need to zip up and flash.

Upvote 0
ok,so i setup the svn tortoise and have to admit its pretty slick. i was under the impression,that it was just placing the changes into a flashable .zip file,but looks like youre still flshing the entire rom every time. not a big deal,it is still saving download time.

for example,this morning i used it and it downloaded 73.38 mb worth of changes and additions.

for S&Gs i exported them to a different folder as you described above,thinking maybe that these would just be the changes,but nope- still 600ish mb resulting in a 427ish mb .zip.

one thing im slightly confused about- i checked the md5s of the.zips created from folders from the target eternity folder,and the exported "eterinty updates" folder. id have expected them to be the same,but got 2 different md5s? :thinking: i guess maybe something happend during the export. since its looks to be creating essentially the same thing,i think ill just keep creating my .zips from the target desktop folder.

at any rate thanks for the info,the svn is nice for the downloading just the updates. :cool:

Upvote 0
ok,so i setup the svn tortoise and have to admit its pretty slick. i was under the impression,that it was just placing the changes into a flashable .zip file,but looks like youre still flshing the entire rom every time. not a big deal,it is still saving download time.

for example,this morning i used it and it downloaded 73.38 mb worth of changes and additions.

for S&Gs i exported them to a different folder as you described above,thinking maybe that these would just be the changes,but nope- still 600ish mb resulting in a 427ish mb .zip.

one thing im slightly confused about- i checked the md5s of the.zips created from folders from the target eternity folder,and the exported "eterinty updates" folder. id have expected them to be the same,but got 2 different md5s? :thinking: i guess maybe something happend during the export. since its looks to be creating essentially the same thing,i think ill just keep creating my .zips from the target desktop folder.

at any rate thanks for the info,the svn is nice for the downloading just the updates. :cool:

Sorry if I mislead you at all there. It is still a timesaver though. You may still have to flash the whole rom as walways but, at least the download times are a fraction of what they could be. With this, you can download, export, zip and upload all in MUCH less time than you would spend getting it from the server via your device. Especially once you get confident in your steps! :)

Upvote 0
I flashed r114, it seems almost perfect but one issue is sms bug. When I receive a txt msg, an add text disappeared. WTF? How I suppose to reply this without an add text?

Personally I use GOSMS, and dont have any issues with this. I understand its a workaround, but it works. Those are my two cents.

ALSO, In other news...Protect yo Privacy.
CarrierIQ | Android Security Test

Upvote 0
oh ok sorry. this rom is awesome btw :D

p.s. in infected tweaks under rosie options i selected enable custom button and set personalize button to camera but it still goes to personalize options and not the camera

The camera setting isnt quite working yet, but its in development. As far as the rosie option, uncheck it and then check it again and it works. Minor bug, but it does work.

You mean Go SMS Pro by Go Dev Team?

That would be GOSMS...

Upvote 0
The camera setting isnt quite working yet, but its in development. As far as the rosie option, uncheck it and then check it again and it works. Minor bug, but it does work.

Thanks! Found a new bug with the "scan" app:

20111115020330.png

Also how do i remove some apps like facebook i dont use that, and theres no uninstall button.

Upvote 0
Yes, I believe that is the one he uses. I use it myself. Much better than stock.

Yes, that's what he uses, as do I. It's an excellent SMS app and it's completely free. For those who use the Eternity Green theme on Eternity, check out a GO theme in the Market called "KXNT Black Minimal." It's a free theme and, in my opinion, looks excellent with the themed rom.

Upvote 0
Hey guys! I don't claim to be especially good at this sort of thing (Photoshop) but hell. Ya gotta learn somehow, right? So anyway, I put together a few splash screens for anyone who likes them enough to give them a try. I know they work fine because I tested them on my device before I uploaded them so, no worries there. Hope you find at least one you like. :)

[Splash Screens] InfectedROM Eternity for Thunderbolt - xda-developers

Reactions: McLabia and rcrules
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones