1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root ROM install HELP Please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by H.R.D, Jun 2, 2011.

1. H.R.D

H.R.D Lurker
    None

I don't know what I am doing wrong but for the life of me I can not get a rom to install. I have tried Tim's Roms and some others with no luck. Can somebody please help me? I sure need it.

My phone is rooted and has a custom rom and themes. But I can not figure this tablet out.

Here are the specs:

Model #
    Disco

Android Version
    Android2.20110325

Baseband Version
    unknown

Kernel Version
    zjd@dtlinusserver #28

Build Number
    FRF85B

Advertisement

2. bigbaldbloke

bigbaldbloke Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    What is or isn't happening when you try to flash?

3. wiewiorcwaniak

None

May 7, 2011
    -
    here
    If you have 2 rom files on microSD it should work properly first you have to turn off the tablet, then insert microSD with firmware and turn it on. Then just wait - after tablet will turn off. Now you have to eject the microSD and turn on the tablet - then it will boot on new firmware.
    I recomend use 2gb microSD because "bigger" may cause problems. I have 2 gb microSD only for FW updates - it is alwsays working :)

4. vitorb

vitorb Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    SO I have been looking at all these post and some of the touch on some of my problems but nothing is difinative I Have a superpad 2/flyouch 3 unsure if it legit or not, Dont really care if it is or not, The problem is i cannot update any official roms or put any custom rom on the tablet I have done everything suggested. small card bigger CARD SMALL REMAINING SPACE 2 DIFFERENT TYPES OF OFFICIAL SD CARDS AND NOTHING NANDA ZILCH ZERO. ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS OUT THERE. ALL IT DOES IT BOOT UP IN THE REGULAR Rom(sorry for the Caps).
    Thank you in advance'
    VB

5. bigbaldbloke

bigbaldbloke Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    Do you have the My Pad app installed? Some people have found that copying the 2 files to the root of their SD card from that app, then restarting, has made it work.

6. H.R.D

H.R.D Lurker
    None

Nothing it just boots up normal. No installation or anything. Its like it doesn't recognize my sd card. I have formatted it to FAT 32 with just the rom files and it just doesn't take. I have also used My Pad to get it to work and still nothing. Which doesn't matter now had the tablet for one day and now it won't get off the boot animation screen just sits there for hours. It did this after I gave up on trying to install roms too, which makes no sense. So I am just going to return it and get a Xoom later this year. I love the site so I will be back when I have another tablet.

7. vitorb

vitorb Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Same as HRD nothing just regular boot up