1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rom issues? Kernel issues? Phone issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iMethod, Aug 23, 2011.

1. iMethod

iMethod Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    So im not sure if its my phone/rom/kernel/settings or what??

everytime i install a rom it works fine on first boot and then when i try and reboot it never passes the HTC EVO 4G white load screen ever

I install the rom correctly by doing a full wipe (all data/factory/cache/delvik-cache) and then i install the rom and it boots fine and when i reboot the phone it stays at the white screen, Now i do use setcpu could that be an issue?

ive tryd combinations like install the rom no kernel, install the rom with kernel and the same issue persists i havent tryd not installing setcpu i never go under min 345 and never go over a maximum of 1.15

Can anybody please help its really getting very bothersome having to flash over and over and over again and i can never let my phone die or even turn it off...

Rom - EViO 3
    Kernel - Golden Monkey

Supersonic evt3 ship s-off
    hboot-6.16.1002
    microp-041f
    touch panel-atmel224_16ab
    radio-2.15.00.05.02

Programs installed; (EViO already installed apps), SetCPU, Titanium Backup.

Using Amon_Ra

Please help.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    how long are you waiting on the white screen(splash screen)? why are you rebooting after flashing? what recovery are you using?

3. iMethod

None

Aug 22, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    somtimes i can wait up to an hour... then my phone just reset and does the same thing over again until finally my battery dies and wont charge anymore until i leave it out for a few minutes, your quick lol umm im using Amon_Ra and whenver i flash from .zip am i supposed to reboot or what?

usually my batter isnt fully charged when i reboot could that be a problem of my phone dying before it can boot (but like i said it takes hours and then it just eventually resets)

4. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    i never reboot my phone after flashing a rom unless i need to. most of the time i just boot into recovery. there really is no need to reboot at all. but on that note you should not be having the splash screen on for that long. next time it happens go into recovery and wipe dalvik cache and cache again.

5. iMethod

None

Aug 22, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Well what i mean is whenever i want to flash a rom i dont use rom manager or nuthin like that i go straight into recovery by pressing (volumedown+power) using Amon_Ra recovery and i wipe to factory default and wipe cache/dalvik cache and then install from .zip and then i scroll down to reboot and it boots.

and the rom works fine until i decide to power off or reboot then it just sticks at the white screen..

its pain always keeping my battery charged and when i cant get to a charger and it dies then i have to wipe and flash all over again cause it wont load

6. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    ok i'm just saying that when you get the white screen next time, try and either pull the battery out or power off then go into recovery and wipe dapvik cache and cache and see if that helps. you do not need ot re-flash the rom or anything. your data is not being wiped so you will not have to start all over again. sometimes things get garbled on your phone and clearing those sometimes help. also works if you get force closures and other bugs or glitches.

7. iMethod

None

Aug 22, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks, Ill definitely try that out seems like it will work.

Also i wanna learn about radio's, wimax, pri, and nv. What are the values of these and why update them or whatever it is you do?

8. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    ok you can update your radios if you want to. it is not necessary though to do it. but if you are make sure that you have at least one nandroid backup with your wimax keys backed up. please read this: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...before-you-flash-your-radios-read-thread.html. but do not let the warning scare you to much. it COULD happen, but it is not common. also make sure that you have plenty of battery life before flashing them. and NEVER PULL THE BATTER OUT WHILE IT IS INSATLLING. it will brick your phone if you do. i would recommend that you flash the radios combo's instead of individually.

9. iMethod

None

Aug 22, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks for the info, Okay i restarted my phone as a test to see if the white screen issue would persist how long does it usually take i havent tryd the wipe cache/dalvik cache yet because i want to see if it will start on its own, so back to my original question ( how long to wait? )

10. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    a few minutes or so is all it should take.

11. iMethod

None

Aug 22, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Okay so i was about 20 minutes in and i decided to pull the battery and wipe the cache's and wow just wow it works!!

Thank you so much im in debt to you! If you need anything let me know :D

And if you have any projects going on or something ill be willing to donate!

12. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    just paying it forward is all i'm doing. glad you got it to work.

Tags: