• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] jdfroyo RC3 SENSE OR VANILLA UPDATED 9/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gmk- I weasel banned from xda for not putting up screenies and the rom was removed as per my request

If you were banned from XDA for no screenshots and we have all asked for screenshots, why won't you give us screenshots. I rarely try roms that don't include all the changes made and screenshots.

So, if you want people to try your rom, start answering their requests!!

Upvote 0
Please, I ask this in the best way I can, just give the dev. thing a rest for a while. You were banned for numerous infractions on XDA, not just screenies. So you came here, because your rep was toast there. People here will see how you operate, how you steal others work, and how you want to be the big cheeze by bumping constantly.

Upvote 0
It wasn't just "screenies". Don't play dumb. It was your whole entire threads. The mods REPEATEDLY told you to post screens, descriptions, what exactly you were adding and removing, how you optimized things, etc. the list goes on. You did neither and have still failed to do so here (not that the rules are the same but that doesn't mean we don't want it).

You tout your post count as if that makes you qualified. You complain that other chefs cook rims the same way you do but they don't get any flak... You know why? Because they followed the mods simple rules. what's so hard about posting some screens and making a simple write up? You have all this time on the computer to try and make kernels and roms for multiple devices (which you don't own) yet you use the excuse that your on the phone and its too hard to post something from their...

All you do is dig yourself deeper and deeper

Upvote 0
It was just screenies....

And i am working on other roms

It wasnt just "screenies" it was no screenshots, changelog or list of apk's. The ROM was also buggy and to fix it you linked to another ROM's boot.img.

Here is the post explaining why you were banned:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] jdfroyo v2.5 SENSE OR VANILLA BASED OFF 8/26 LEAK (8/28)

I don't care what you do and I'm not trying to flame but if you want someone to use your ROM you need to be honest with the facts. I for one will never use your ROM for the simple fact you are blatantly lying about why you were banned. The way I see it either you don't know what you're doing or you're doing something sketchy. Either way I don't trust you enough to put something you "made" on my phone.

Upvote 0
Im putting screenies on my website tonight....

And weazol, v3 is only a sense version for now, and it fixes the wacky boot.img and build prop

I would like to kindly remind you that you have reserved post #2 in this thread for your screenshots. If you have screenshots to post then you should be posting them in post #2 and NOT pushing your new site, which may I also remind you is against forum rules.

http://androidforums.com/introductions/704-site-rules-guidelines.html

Now for everybody else that has a problem with this ROM, jdkoreclipse has been polite enough and seems sincere in his efforts to provide a ROM people will like. Would I flash it on my phone? No, personally I would not. But as far as I can see he has caused no harm thus far.

If you have a problem with this ROM then please refrain from posting in this thread as it is just creating reason for conflict and bumping it to the top at the same time.

Thanks for the cooperation.
GMB

Upvote 0
Hello all. Jdfroyo is a free community based distro of HTC Sense ROMs for the Droid Incredible. My Main goal was to bring the community a fast, yet very polished rom based off HTC Leaks and official releases for the EVO and Incredible.

This ROM is based off of the Official OTA for the Inc. It is deodexed, zipaligned, and all bloat is removed, yet the rom still features the very handsome Sense-UI interface by HTC.

Some very nice eatures of this ROM:
1. Deodexed
2. Zialigned
3. Most bloat removed
4. VERY FAST!!!!!
5. Can be stably overclocked to 1.2 ghz !!!!
6. Can be used with HYdra or KING Kernels.

Bloat Removed:
Mode 10 and Magic smoke livewallpaper
VZNav
Footprints
MyVerizon
Footprints Widget
VisualVoicemail
Amazon MP3

Link: http://jdfroyo.webs.com/downloads.htm www.mediafire.com/jdkoreclpse

Please refer to the "Links" page of my site for a list of reccommended kernels and other good addons that can be used with tbis ROM

I will get around to uploading v2.5 Vanilla and RC3 Vanilla sometime in the near future, as well as screenies

FAQ:
Q. Why should I flash your ROM? There are others just as good.
A. The jdfroyo project aims to provide a very customized rom that most usere will like. It is stble, fast and not buggy.

Q. You had some boot.img bugs in previous bugs. Is that dangerous?
A. The boot.img contains the kernel and ramdisc, so the boot.img bug did cause severe overheating, and couldnt mount emmc, but that bug was cleared up in RC3, so no worries (actuaslly i replaced the whole boot.img)

Q. Does this give me root?
A. If you flash a coustom recovery after flashing the RUU (and have S_off) Then it gives you SU perms again, but not for anyone who wasnt previously rooted before.

Q. Are there any specific risks in flashing this
A. THere are potential risks in flashing ANY rom (even the ruu). This rom was tested and proven that it is ok for day to day use and will not brick.

Q. What is this based off?
A. The newer versions (2.5 and up) are based on the offical 2.2 release, and versions before v2.5 is based on the old 7/27 leak.

Q. Why dont you have screen shots up? We have only been asking you for weeks.
A. I am putting up some screens tonight. They will be here and on my site.

Q. What is your site?
A. check my sig (and no i am not trying to website spam)

Q. What is required before flashing this ROM?
A. S_OFF, custom recovery (Clockwork or AMON_RA) the 2.15 radio and 92hboot.

Q. Where can i find the things you mentioned in the previous answer?
A. 1.SOFF: www.unrevoked.com/forever
2. Closkwork or Amon ra: Clockwork can be found on unrevoked.com/forever , Amon can be found floating around on XDA
3. 92 hboot and 2.15 radio: can be found on adrynalyne's site

PLEASE ANJOY MY ROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
just a few announcements:
1. If all went well, this should be on ROM Manager later today.
2. As of RC 3.1 and RC3 Sense/Vanilla respectively, there wont be many major updates to this rom...yeah there will be some edits, revisions, tweaks, button remappings, etc to help with funcionality, spped, stability, and performance, but as far as anything elso goes, thats all over and done with. Now its the fun dev work to be done...and possibly moving on afterwards.
3. I am now mirroring all d/l links on mediafire and am looking o upload my roms to either incredibleroms or my personal site, and post them on my site...so in time, i am looking to grow away from the mediafire.
4. I am putting up donation links soon. Now, i dont EXPECT any donations, but the option will be there for those who want to donate.....any money donated will go into my "DROID X Fund", so any donations will still go to devving. Donations are NEVER required but ALWAYS appreciated

Upvote 0
jd I just wanted to say that even though I don't use this rom (just using a basic deodexed 2.2) and have not followed all the "drama" you have had with a few at XDA that I think it's great you are taking the time to give people another option. And from what I have seen you have also taken the time to help people in threads around here with advice...so keep it up! ;)

Upvote 0
jd I just wanted to say that even though I don't use this rom (just using a basic deodexed 2.2) and have not followed all the "drama" you have had with a few at XDA that I think it's great you are taking the time to give people another option. And from what I have seen you have also taken the time to help people in threads around here with advice...so keep it up! ;)

Thanks.. I am seriously trying to change....i want to be known as jdkoreclipse the Rom developer not jdkoreclipse the guy that' doesn't know anything

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones