• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]K2_CL 4.2.2 Stock Rooted Deodexed

Lordvincent 90

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Oct 5, 2011
grand rapids,mi
Last edited:
I flashed your rom, and all was well. I then rolled all system updates in to system thru titanium backup, and started to get force closes with google search. tried to restore to my stock twrp backup, and now having issues with the bluetooth in my car. i hear people fine, but they say i sound very staticy, and robotish.
i downloaded the stock 4.2.2 RUU file, just curious how i can flash it to get me back to 100% pure stock. can i just flash it thru twrp? sorry if this sounds noobish,. but im stressing out. no bluetooth is a deal breaker for me.

Upvote 0
The ruu should be in .exe form. You just run it from the computer while the phone is connected and it will bring you back to stock... But, if you restored a backup and you Bluetooth is borked it shouldn't be software related...

The zips i posted only change files in /system
Restoring a backup should replace those files :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Idk if it makes a difference, but i deodexed this with a 32 bit system.

If anyone else has any problems I'll likely try again with 64 bit (i want to get nfc and enhanced location working too)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm gonna try to go back to the stock boot.img just in case that doesn't work, can you explain how to run the RUU exe file? Never did it before and don't want to brick my phone since its a work phone

>confirm fastboot is working
While in fastboot
Code:
fastboot devices

>confirm adb is working
While the phone is fully booted
Code:
adb devices

>run the ruu

>follow prompts

>be patient

Once it finishes, you should be bone stock

Note:
-you will need to re-unlock the bootloader (at least I did)

So make sure you have your unlock_code.bin handy

Edit- if you are S-on you may need to manually lock the bootloader

Upvote 0
Look at what I can do on my phone now ;-)

8uvuse7a.jpg

Reactions: irishobo
Upvote 0
Look at what I can do on my phone now ;-)

8uvuse7a.jpg

For some stupid reason i can never view tapa-images on my phone :(

Holy crap! Nice!

Ps, will you try nabbing nfc.apk & Qualcomm enhanced location from one of the other variants' deodexed roms? I'm not near wifi for another day or two and I'm being throttled, so dl'ing the rom myself isn't an option atm :eek:

Pss - where's my copy :D:D:D

Reactions: irishobo
Upvote 0
For some stupid reason i can never view tapa-images on my phone :(

Holy crap! Nice!

Ps, will you try nabbing nfc.apk & Qualcomm enhanced location from one of the other variants' deodexed roms? I'm not near wifi for another day or two and I'm being throttled, so dl'ing the rom myself isn't an option atm :eek:

Pss - where's my copy :D:D:D

Haha, I'm currently being throttled myself (again) so I can't help you at the moment. I will send you a copy soon. I'm still running tests (OCD lol).

It will take note of all .odex files from both /system/app and /system/framework. Then starting in /system/app it will one by one begin deodexing in alphabetical order. Once done, it will remove all unneeded directories (to make room for the next apk to be deodexed) after it pushes the finished apk back to it's proper location on your device and then removing the .odex file from it's given directory. No need to even worry about setting permissions. Script does all that is needed.

What you saw was me running this straight from my phone, but I am about to test it through TWRP to see if maybe this will speed up the process because as I am sure you are aware; deodexing a Rom requires patience lol.

Upvote 0
Hello and thank you for this! I am a bit of a newbie and was wondering if we need to have s-off and a custom recovery to flash this. Thanks!

Must have a custom recovery.

If S-On, do a factory wipe (this should include system, cache, and dalvik cache, but not your sdcard), and flash the Rom from within the custom recovery. Then extract the boot.img from inside the zip and flash the boot.img using fastboot: fastboot flash boot name_of_boot.img. Once done, you may reboot your device.

If S-Off, then just do your wipe as stated above, and flash the zip from within the custom recovery, then reboot your device.

Give your device time to boot up. A deodex Rom takes a few minutes because it is deodexed on the first boot.

Upvote 0
You do not need to wipe your data partition unless the Rom being flashed has a data folder. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Same thing goes if you want to restore your system using a backup. Just wipe your system, leave data alone, restore your system, reboot. Voila, you still have your data apps and the system is where you want it to be now.

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones