• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom/Kernel]AWEsome Rom[V1.6]

Well it worked for about an hour. And now it boots up, goes to the lock screen, and then reboots, and its been doing it for 45 minutes. Sucks cuz I love the ROM.

Theres a small bug in the kernel wherein the values set for the cpu may not sit right. Best I can tell you for now is quickly try to lower the cpu speed in Android Tuner and set the governor to ondemand. The kernel is still beta, but were working hard to improve it everyday. As soon as a new version is available to me, I'll post it asap.
I could upload the original kernel, but you will probably lose wifi. I'll see what I can do, hang in there!
It may be a day or so until my next release of the rom due to weather (were about to get absolutely SLAUGHTERED here in the N/E) but I will work as hard as I can to get it ready in the meantime

Upvote 0
Have you guys heard of black market alpha ? Well I might of not seen where you where you can force the second processor on in android tuner but I downloaded system tuner from the black market alpha and from there I could force on the second processor just wondering if there was a kernel to over clock both processors idk much about kernels if it was possible

Upvote 0
Have you guys heard of black market alpha ? Well I might of not seen where you where you can force the second processor on in android tuner but I downloaded system tuner from the black market alpha and from there I could force on the second processor just wondering if there was a kernel to over clock both processors idk much about kernels if it was possible

Android tuner consists of multiple screens. On first boot, slide your finger right and scroll down to cpu manager. Next to cpu 0 is an arrow. Hit it, allow multiple cores and boom...both cores available.
Seeing as piracy is strictly prohibited i cannot add pro, cracked or modified versions of software.
Tbh, i have heard of and used the modded Play Store and Blackmart, but apps are so cheap and Blackmart doesnt always have the latest version or proper crack. Its easier (and furthermore LEGAL) to just buy it

Upvote 0
Why no wifi with stock kernel?? is it because of deodexing??

The wifi driver in the rom is solely to support the kernel included, which breaks the stock wifi. It has nothing to do with the deodex.
To fix the "checking for link2sd" slide down the notification bar and long press the note, hit app info and force close Android Tuner. Reopen AT and it should fix it.
For the cpu speeds, its solid at 1.83 on my device, but every phone reacts differently. Try around 1.4 - 1.6 interactive. CDZ didnt get the clocks to stick properly but we do have an updated kernel coming. I'll link it when its available as a flashable zip

Reactions: electro00nerd
Upvote 0
Ive had mine on stock speed for a while since the.reports of crashes just to see how well it performs since i can use the 1.83. Its still very responsive in my opinion at stock speed. Very nice while gaming. Asphalt 8 doesnt even stutter at high graphics settings. Nor does Dungeon Hunter 4 or GT Racing 2. So the stock speeds are ok, but kinda defeats the purpose of the overclock :p like i said, theyre workin on it. Hopefully one of the devs can pop in and gove an updare since i cant get on irc?

Upvote 0
Iv got mine set at 1.83ghz yeah its rebooted 4 times on me but still sick rom and its only the first version I'm excited for rest to came

Soon as i can get to my office (and get in touch with the others) updates will start rolling. Sucks not having internet at home, but hey...what can you do right.

Reactions: edodson84
Upvote 0
Anybody else have a problem with google voice search not working?

Edit: had a duh moment.... didnt have voice search installed

>_< lol the google play services needs to be updated. If it doesnt you may not be able to download from the play store until it is.The Play Store may not update it itself and it didnt like being a default app (same as with chrome) but you can find the apk online. Its titled com.google.gms

Reactions: JHell
Upvote 0
>_< lol the google play services needs to be updated. If it doesnt you may not be able to download from the play store until it is.The Play Store may not update it itself and it didnt like being a default app (same as with chrome) but you can find the apk online. Its titled com.google.gms

Updating it manually didnt help. Downloading from the play store wasnt a problem. Its just my google now thats broken, which isnt a big issue as long as I have a rom that I can customize

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones