• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [rom][kernel] honami: Beta 2 out now!

Dm47021

Android Expert
Nov 26, 2011
coloma mi
coollogo_com-272723846_zps617feaa6.png

Honami
Current Version: V1b Beta 2

Honami, is a native port of the Sony Xperia I1, or "Honami" Software. This is still a work in progress. Some things may not be perfect...yet. that will come in time.

Features:
ZTE Sequent B11 Firmware "Jellybean 4.1.2" based
Ported the AOSP Lockscreen... except for the sliding motion
Enabled the NAVbar
Google Chrome Web Browser
A full SystemUI port from the Xperia I1
A full Framework-res port from the Xperia I1
Icons Themed to look like Xperia I1
Xperia I1 Boot animation: replaces the boost boot animation
All Sounds, notifications, Ringtones from Xperia I1
Xperia I1 Fonts

Xperia I1 Parts
Replaced android Keyboard with Xperia Keyboard
Replaced Gallery2 With SEMC Gallery from I1, Possibly the best Gallery App there is.
Replaced Stock Video Player with Sony Movies.
Replaced Stock Launcher with Honami Launcher.
Added nearly all Honami Widgets and wallpapers
SEMC Notes
Weather Widget.. kinda like Htc Sense, but better i think
Clocks
Album Widget
Track id.. what are you listening to?
SEMC Torch
Honami Contacts Widgets
SEMC Motion Snap
WALKMAN: Currently NOT Working.. will resolve in future release
And Many More!!

KERNEL
This also runs an unreleased version of the Serenity OC kernel that DTM and I are working on. many more enhancments.
Overclock to 1.8 Ghz
Undervolted.
Dynamic Fsync
Io Scheds
Smooth Scaling ported for SGS2
Usb Fast Charge
Ported Battery life extender
Low Memory Killer Updated
1000HZ Scheduling
Compiled with Linaro 4.7.4
Many Optimizations

NEW Download Link
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880936007

Donations
If you really enjoy my work. want to buy me a beer. or just say thank you. donations are welcome.

Screenshots
2013_10_02_151636_zpsf1b4aea1.png

2013_10_02_151753_zpsa9382932.png

stop teasing man lets get this fired up and running :)

Beta 1 is out NOW

it has some minor flaws. like i had the walkman working.. now i broke it. you have to set up your icons the way you want yourself, the launcher only see the official sony apps... which btw, all of them are working except walkman,
i still wanted to get an extended power menu. but thats proving harder than it should be.
also the default wallpaper isnt setting like i want.
also i cant include chrome as a system app. or even with the rom like i want...
chrome doesnt like being a system app.

anyone know how to fix some of these issues ?

iam sure i could. but time is a little tight right now

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
anybody else getting stuck at green android? i dl'ed from 3 different places, did wipe beforehand.. no go ... red light stays on and sticks at green android?

EDIT: flashed old serenity kernel over rom and its booted...

Now thats wierd. Ive run And flashed And flashed And flashed some more And never had an issue. But i will look into it.

Upvote 0
i thought so as well..that's why i tried many different options to see what worked

I usually have issues with downloads from work..corrupted etc. so i came home and got a fresh copy and did the usual complete wipe before flash same issue

even tried to flash right over the top of it even though was no different just because install script wipes system every time

OH BTW: is there any settings to get rid of navbar?

Upvote 0
i thought so as well..that's why i tried many different options to see what worked

I usually have issues with downloads from work..corrupted etc. so i came home and got a fresh copy and did the usual complete wipe before flash same issue

even tried to flash right over the top of it even though was no different just because install script wipes system every time

OH BTW: is there any settings to get rid of navbar?

The last line in.build.prop. Labeled enable navbar. Just ent it out by placing a # in front of it.
Do far.. How you like it?

Upvote 0
well so far so good...it's really peppy, no lag just point and click...which is what i like! it kinda reminds me of nemus launcher a bit!

i really like the gallery! oh did you know that xperia home FC's when selecting themes?

course whats buggin me is not getting to try out the new kernel...it's my opinion that a good kernel is the basis for any good rom...don't mean to downplay your work at all, i really like the look and feel. it's something different and refreshing :)

EDIT: new issue..no matter how i try to edit build.prop to turn off navbar on reboot freezes between green android and boot animation

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones