• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [rom][kernel] honami: Beta 2 out now!

well so far so good...it's really peppy, no lag just point and click...which is what i like! it kinda reminds me of nemus launcher a bit!

i really like the gallery! oh did you know that xperia home FC's when selecting themes?

course whats buggin me is not getting to try out the new kernel...it's my opinion that a good kernel is the basis for any good rom...don't mean to downplay your work at all, i really like the look and feel. it's something different and refreshing :)

EDIT: new issue..no matter how i try to edit build.prop to turn off navbar on reboot freezes between green android and boot animation

I almost think there is something wrong with your sequent. or my upload botched. Which is also possible. But Ive been running this project for a month Now.
So something stupid is up lol

Upvote 0
We're prior to this I've been running super Rs rom for a couple months

Have you gotten any feedback from anybody else?

I'm starting to think its something with the download, when I go into system tuner pro and try to adjust the CPU properties it does not recognize the max CPU and shows it is not applicable and it also will not let me change the governor from anything other than on demand...

Reactions: joex
Upvote 0
We're prior to this I've been running super Rs rom for a couple months

Have you gotten any feedback from anybody else?

I'm starting to think its something with the download, when I go into system tuner pro and try to adjust the CPU properties it does not recognize the max CPU and shows it is not applicable and it also will not let me change the governor from anything other than on demand...

. Yea something is most defietly messed up there
i have none of there issues. Except themes don't work. But thats annother story

Upvote 0
Well DM your dropbox links are getting alot of attention...so that means many people downloading....anyone having any issues??

EDIT : too many downloads for your dropbox account..i believe that's both a good and a bad sign sir ;)

HMM .. double post...oops

Time to migrate to annother host. Or setup an ftp server and host myself

Reactions: joex
Upvote 0
i downloaded and installed beta 2 yesterday. it booted no problem, but my only snag was that the motion snap forced closed every time i hit start new. I like the look and feel on it but i went back to superrom for a moment because it was more functional, i will try to re download today and see if there is this issue everyone is having will happen to me..

or not, the link is down because it was generating to much traffic

Upvote 0
Installed and booted just fine. Nandroid Manager restored my apps just fine and they worked great.

Motion Snap forced closed on me when selecting Start New. Walkman forced closed on me all the time so I was glad I restored my music player. Using the Tools widget's "Backlight" option force closes the widget, as does the "Roaming" option. "Data" seems to do nothing at all.

All in all, a nice rom with a few quirks to be worked out. Now to go icon hunting to mimic the stock icons. ;)

Edit:
Commenting out the last line in build.prop resulted in being stuck at green android screen. This kind of sucks because i hate the navbar and want it gone.

Upvote 0
Installed and booted just fine. Nandroid Manager restored my apps just fine and they worked great.

Motion Snap forced closed on me when selecting Start New. Walkman forced closed on me all the time so I was glad I restored my music player. Using the Tools widget's "Backlight" option force closes the widget, as does the "Roaming" option. "Data" seems to do nothing at all.

All in all, a nice rom with a few quirks to be worked out. Now to go icon hunting to mimic the stock icons. ;)

Edit:
Commenting out the last line in build.prop resulted in being stuck at green android screen. This kind of sucks because i hate the navbar and want it gone.

looks like ive got some permissions to fix, and make a verson without navbar

Upvote 0
Nah, I got it working. Was a permission problem on the nwe build.prop. Navbar is gone. For those interested, to get rid of the navbar, do the following

Using a root browser (I use Root Explorer) go to internal storage/system and copy build.prop to the SD card.

Edit it with a text editor, the last lines look like this:
# enable the navbar
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Make it look like this:
# enable the navbar
# qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Then copy it back to intstorage/system/ and give it the following permissions:
Owner: Read/Write
Group: Read
Others: Read
Special: None

Reboot.

Upvote 0
Nah, I got it working. Was a permission problem on the nwe build.prop. Navbar is gone. For those interested, to get rid of the navbar, do the following

Using a root browser (I use Root Explorer) go to internal storage/system and copy build.prop to the SD card.

Edit it with a text editor, the last lines look like this:
# enable the navbar
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Make it look like this:
# enable the navbar
# qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Then copy it back to intstorage/system/ and give it the following permissions:
Owner: Read/Write
Group: Read
Others: Read
Special: None

Reboot.

Thanks.. some like the navbar. some hate it

we . as in Jetx2x and i are writting a tiny app to enable / disable the navbar. then embedd it into settings

Upvote 0
I installed this rom on my sequent and its great!! I love thr navbar too!! But my problem with this rom is that my phone wouldn't charge when i puggled it it would only say charging in the lockscreen and the only way to charge it was turning it off which i thought it was rhe kernel so i switched back to stock and it was all okay now my question is if im the only one that it's happening to?? Or do u have any solution for it?

Upvote 0
I installed this rom on my sequent and its great!! I love thr navbar too!! But my problem with this rom is that my phone wouldn't charge when i puggled it it would only say charging in the lockscreen and the only way to charge it was turning it off which i thought it was rhe kernel so i switched back to stock and it was all okay now my question is if im the only one that it's happening to?? Or do u have any solution for it?

You could try one of the older versions of serenity kernel and see if the problem clears up.

Upvote 0
You could try one of the older versions of serenity kernel and see if the problem clears up.

I dropped my sequent and smashed the screen. This happend about a half hour after flashing this ROM. When I dropped the phone, I thought it also broke the ability to charge the phone. So I let it die.

Screen still works, just hard to see around the cracks. I found that it would charge if the phone was off. So I charged the phone and flashed an old version of the serenity kernel. Charging works fine now.

Kinda wish I hadn't bought the HTC One SV now

Upvote 0

this kernel supports usb fastcharge,, just need an app to enable it lol

Upvote 0

this was happening to me too, but the only way it would charge was if i rebooted the phone while the charger was connected to it. Also i couldnt get the usb connection to recognize on any computer and i tried like 5 or 6 of them at the library after i installed drivers for the phone, still a no go so i switched back to superrom, ill wait for the next release before i do anymore with this rom. It was great other than those 2 problems, i had amazing network speeds for some reason.

Upvote 0
this was happening to me too, but the only way it would charge was if i rebooted the phone while the charger was connected to it. Also i couldnt get the usb connection to recognize on any computer and i tried like 5 or 6 of them at the library after i installed drivers for the phone, still a no go so i switched back to superrom, ill wait for the next release before i do anymore with this rom. It was great other than those 2 problems, i had amazing network speeds for some reason.

hehehe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones