1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM][KERNEL][OC] ZTE Awe Stock + rb3 Kernel

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rbheromax, Dec 13, 2013.

1. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

This is a (modified) stock rom for ZTE Awe on Virgin Mobile. It features the OC kernel by default. Enjoy! :D

Changed:
    * Debloated
    * Newest Gapps (of those left in)
    * ADB Insecure app
    * /system/media/bootanimation.zip support
    * Removed MMS.apk and replaced with Hangouts
    * Google Camera
    * SuperSU
    * Dev Settings
    * Google
    * Rooted! :D
    * Latest OC Kernel with all options enabled

Link:
    Taken down for a bit...

DPackMan likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

3. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Android Enthusiast

Did you use the (edit: official) update.zip for this? *is curious* :)

4. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

no, just your cwm backup

D0LAN likes this.
  5. hfl12

hfl12 Member

would be AWEsome if you could remove all the craps that loaded on this phone.

6. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

i guess i can look into making a debloated rom
    also since this is the rb3 kernel, i can format /data to be f2fs and make reads from /data faster

7. dragonhart6505

dragonhart6505 Android Expert

what about deodexed? or would that not make any difference

8. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

i gotta get dxsidia's kitchen for that. i ican download and see if i can do it

9. cooldudezach

Should try out /system as f2fs as well, no?

10. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

you can, i think there would be a speed increase there too.
    you have to take mkfs.f2fs arm binary and make a flashable zip to format the partitions for you.

11. CoolDrMoney

CoolDrMoney Lurker

I keep getting a status 6 error with cwm when trying to install from sdcard. Any idea what would trigger that?

12. cooldudezach

It means there is an error in the updater-script.

13. CoolDrMoney

CoolDrMoney Lurker

I looked in the zips and saw two files, "updater-script" and "updater-script~".

Is that normal?

14. cooldudezach

Er, no. It's just supposed to be updater-script and update-binary.

15. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

the ~ is a temp file. thats from editing by command line, i will take a look at the zip and see status 6 is happening

16. cooldudezach

17. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

for reference i notices you asked about the official update zip. you cant use official zte zips most of the time. they are generally just patches not full roms. they dont contain a single full file just the adjusted parts of each file. always create from a backup or a aystem pull never the updates from the carrier or you could corrupt alot of phones. also they occasionally update partitions. check into that as well but in that case if its not a partition we mess with(15 boot and 16 recovery) its best to stick to the patch and make sure to leave an assert line in there but make them a seperate zip so it doesnt effect the ability to reflash the rom itself after a partition update

18. laysea65

laysea65 Lurker

I don't know what to do I think I got bad files or something I have rooted devices before with no problem. I can't even use the update file to make it go back to stock recovery. the phone just keeps flashing the android guy then screen goes black and android guy back. The command window doesn't even recognize the phone now. I followed directions from a guy on youtube all seemed to work until I rebooted then nothing. Is there any way someone can help me flash the original android back on her phone. I feel horrible and she can't afford to buy another phone and I am on disability I would appreciate help from anyone. I can get into recovery mode on the phone but no files work. I wiped the cache and dalvic cache and also tried to do a factory restore but it didn't work. I would be so grateful for any help please contact me at laysea65@gmail.com I have been trying for 5 hours trying to fix this with no luck. thank you

19. FattyAcidTrip

FattyAcidTrip Newbie

Hi and welcome to the forums. I had the same exact problem you had. I'm assuming you have access to CWM recovery. First, extract the recovery.img from the update zip. Then in clockworkmod recovery under your advanced options choose reboot to bootloader. Now here if you type 'adb devices' you're not going to see anything, but if you type fastboot devices you should see it then. In your terminal window you want to type fastboot boot recovery.img. It should boot into the stock recovery mode after that. And from there you should be able to flash the update.zip and return the phone to stock recovery. Hope this helps. :D

ChaseKhaos likes this.
  20. JHell

JHell Android Enthusiast

Waiting anxiously for the ROM. Anybody read anything about Cyanogenmod for this phone?

21. edodson84

edodson84 Android Expert

what happened to the link i was going to try this rom??

22. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Some problem with flashing. Ima realease something soon in the next few days :)

23. edodson84

edodson84 Android Expert

thanks if you need any help testing let me know :) You plan on integrating any apps like deskclock or cyanogen calculator??

24. dragonhart6505

dragonhart6505 Android Expert

Desk clock requires 4.2, I can put cyanogen calculator in (was requested before)

25. edodson84

edodson84 Android Expert

Ok I was unaware desk clock required 4.2 I tried torch and it FC I think it may need a lib

ZTE Awe Forum

The ZTE Awe release date was Q2 2007. Features and Specs include a 4.13" inch screen, 0.1MP camera, 128GB RAM, and processor.

Q2 2007
Release Date
Reviews