• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom/Kernels Battery Life?

icrazy2u

Aug 1, 2010
I wanna know your battery life along with your Rom and Kernel. I want a Sense Rom with great battery life. But everyones saying the MIUI has some good battery life. Right now I have Uncommon Sense v1.1 with King #5 Kernel. Not bad battery life, but not good neither. Also, can you post how much you use your phone?

You might want to give some time for a reply before calling us Lames? :cool:

Honestly the info your looking for is right here on the Inc forum, but I'll bite for ya.

Overall, for my usage scenario, and the ROM/kernel combo's I've toyed with, I'll typically get ~24 hours give or take depending on what rom/kernel combo I'm on. That includes ~4 hours of awake time, ~1 hour voice calls, ~50-75 texts, ~90 minutes screen on, ~30 minutes web surfing, ~30 minutes robo defense or other game.

I can extend that to ~36 hours with ~5 hours awake time when on adryn's custom kernel on virtuous with SETCPU screen off profile which is the best battery life rom/kernel combo I've ever used.

As much praise as kings kernels get, I've found them to be average and somewhat buggy. HTC stock kernels and similar derived from them aka adryn's, are excellent imo.

I use the $14 HTC OEM touchpro2 1500mah battery

Reactions: EgoDogg
Upvote 0
Keep in mind that the reason these high scores in Quadrant and Linpack happen is because the system runs faster, and hence draws more power. So the ROM/kernel combos are going to help, but the odds of you getting blown away by battery life are pretty slim.

I use Redemptive 1.6 with KK CFS #4 and I'm loving it so far.

BIG TIP: use SetCPU for the sole purpose of putting on a "screen off" profile. That alone will save you hours and hours of battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones