• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROM}Lewas-Cyanogen Motion Port

Strange... didn't happen to me at all. If problem presists install the android 4.3 camera and gallery. :)

What?!?! How does that happen?

Honestly i dont know how it happened. I just flashed the rom perfectly..then i went out testing everything. And when i got to gallery my photos were black. And when i clicked on them they would show the image for like a second. And then it would turn coffee colored and the image would no longer be there. So i flashed back to my saved rom. And nothing was left :/ i dont understand bcus my photos were on my external sd card

Upvote 0
*Bug Report*

Version------ Pg's base ------

Bug------ Superuser -------

Instance
When superuser would ask for permission in an app.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It will repeatedly ask for permissions every other second in apps like titanium backup

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution

Install supersu from the play store to replace superuser.

Reactions: aboatright
Upvote 0
OK...now I'm worried. I might need to change up the media provider and camera and gallery. Maybe STK.apk is an issue. Or perhaps adjust the speed read on SD. Does the IPC disappear? Or show as broken or what? Check your lost directory to see if there are any bits in there. Upload your pics to a drop box or something. I do as a backup.

Upvote 0
So this is how I did it. Factory reset, wiped internal sdcard. Then flashed lewas then gapps. Then factory reset again. Played with the launcher settings a bit. Went through the apps because I didn't recognize a lot of them. Went into the gallery and all my pics were there. Then I deleted some of the apps that I found useless with root Explorer. Rebooted and they were gone. I right away went to restore a back up.

Upvote 0
OK...now I'm worried. I might need to change up the media provider and camera and gallery. Maybe STK.apk is an issue. Or perhaps adjust the speed read on SD. Does the IPC disappear? Or show as broken or what? Check your lost directory to see if there are any bits in there. Upload your pics to a drop box or something. I do as a backup.

You could replace the camera and gallery apk with 4.3. Even the default one has no problems with me at all. It may be something because of the firmware they originally came from. From my experience I can tell that version f doesn't have any gallery problems. You can just update the op to tell the user to come from firmware c or f. As far as i heard, flashing from firmware c cures all problems such as call volumes and gps. Only two users have currently identified the problem, which makes me believe that there is something different in the way they are flashing. This is what I did and have no problems at all. Factory reset then wipe cache then wipe system then wipe Dalvik cache then flash rom gapps (2012/2011) (optional - flash titanium backup) reboot system restore titanium backup then sign in to google.Then finally install 4.3 camera and gallery.

Best thing to do is try to mimic this and everything should hopefully work. But you should flash from version c just so that the Rom is perfect. :)

Hope I helped

Upvote 0
So this is how I did it. Factory reset, wiped internal sdcard. Then flashed lewas then gapps. Then factory reset again. Played with the launcher settings a bit. Went through the apps because I didn't recognize a lot of them. Went into the gallery and all my pics were there. Then I deleted some of the apps that I found useless with root Explorer. Rebooted and they were gone. I right away went to restore a back up.

Thats literally exactly what i did. After i flashed i played with some unknown apps except i didnt delete any. And when i went into gallery the first time all of my pics were there. But when i went into the gallery the second time. Thats where everything went downhill.

Upvote 0
Thats literally exactly what i did. After i flashed i played with some unknown apps except i didnt delete any. And when i went into gallery the first time all of my pics were there. But when i went into the gallery the second time. Thats where everything went downhill.

It maybe something to do with the sd card. I forgot to mention all my pictures were on the internal storage. The only thing on my sd is roms and titanium backup folder. Only 2gigs so no nandroid backups:( (no need unbrick guide always helps).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones