1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM][LINK][ODIN] FL14 Jellybean 4.1.2 Virgin Mobile Leak

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by b_randon14, Jan 12, 2013.

1. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert

So I was browsing the modem thread for the 4g touch today and kept seeing this FL14 (Virgin) modem under the jellybean modems. So I did some investigating and the Team Sextape infamous for posting leaked Sammy builds has posted a JB Virgin Mobile leak. Its in the same format as the FJ12 stock ROM for this phone and cones in the rooted and non rooted flavors.

I take no credit for this as I just found the link. It appears that some spring guys have been testing it and it works quite well so I figure well we need some Virgin testers. I haven't tried it yet because I'm at work but I am going to test it when I get a chance!

This also means there will probably be a official Jellybean build coming to Virgin Mobile in the future for those of you non modders out there!!

Link:
    http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showt...14-Modem-Kernel-ROM-Root-Stock)&p=811#post811

jimg3081, codmerc, striker325 and 2 others like this.
  2. chri81

chri81 Newbie

Nice find dude. Thats awesome. Have you tried it yet? Im going to after the Seahawks game tomorrow.

3. b_randon14

I haven't had a chance to Odin it yet. But I can't wait to!

4. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

This may be a dumb question, but if an official Virgin Mobile JB update is pushed and we are rooted, will we still get it and will it still work?
    And if it does work, will we lose root?

(I understand the official update could also be extracted into an Odin file or a zip file so I guess that is why I am saying this is probably a stupid question. I was just curious if the OTA update would work)

5. chri81

chri81 Newbie

I've been with VM for 3 years. I've never gotten an firmware update or even thought they would push an OTA. But if they did release one you should still be able to push official OTA (probably lose root access is the only thing).

TheBritton likes this.
  6. TheBritton

Does visual voicemail work with this build? LOL
    If anyone tries this out please let me know if it does :)

7. b_randon14

Yeah if you wanted rto get the ota assuming it came, you could Odin back to fj12 stock then update. Or of course wait until its made into a zip!

TheBritton likes this.
  8. cobretti

cobretti Member

I just came from the Reverb and we got "THE PUSH". We took it, but if you didn't want it, we had to delete the system app or it would drive you crazy. If I remember correctly, the update zip was sitting in the cache partition. If you weren't rooted you didn't even know it was there. In fact, when I activated this phone, I was able to talk the lady into stopping the mobile ID resource download. So ya, we get the push. I was rooted before and after the update with no problems. But, that's on the Reverb.

TheBritton likes this.
  9. ellementz323

ellementz323 Newbie

Well I decided to take the plunge and test this out. I will let you guys know if it starts acting wonky. Also it has visual voicemail and works as far as I can tell.

TheBritton likes this.
  10. TheBritton

Great! So its just like stock? With Touchwhiz and all? Hopefully you won't experience the freezes that some have reported :)

11. ellementz323

ellementz323 Newbie

Didn't take long already started freezing up and throwing multiple errors. Bunch of system processes start force closing ect.

But yeah it's just like a stock VM build just JB. Too bad it has issues :(

TheBritton likes this.
  12. TheBritton

Man.. thanks for trying it out!

13. b_randon14

Had you started from a fresh data wipe?

14. ellementz323

ellementz323 Newbie

I used the Format All x2 script from Rujelus22.

15. striker325

striker325 Member

I just finished flashing this rom. Will post results on how it is.

Update:
    Saw a new feature of making a samsung account
    Tether does not work (using the rooted version)
    Gooogle Now available
    charging l.e.d light does not light up when charging when phone is asleep.

16. Lanman1978

Lanman1978 Android Enthusiast

I tried this ROM out, but it didn't go too well. It worked fine at first then it kept freezing up on me. Needless to say I went back to the rooted stock ROM. Yeah the JB ROM needs the kinks worked out of it.

17. TheBritton

What system app is it exactly?

18. Raxid

Raxid Newbie

I tried it twice yesterday. Two clean rooted installs. Both were good until the lockups and fc of apps then it started to get aggravating. I do like the improvements. Would be nice if a Dev could look at it and make it stable for us :)

19. TheBritton

In case ya guys missed it, on the original thread linked in the OP there will be an updated ROM posted tonight with a different root method that may or may not have freezing issue. We'll see! :)

20. Lanman1978

Lanman1978 Android Enthusiast

Just flashed this again with the new build and no lockups thus far which is a good sign. Upon further testing I had random reboots galore. This ROM is still not worthy.

21. TheBritton

Gaah!! :(
    Okay thanks for the info!

22. 2010gleek

2010gleek Newbie

Still no issues for me, been running the rom since this morning and not an issue yet will update if anything changes.

23. TheBritton

I would join the forum over at SXTP and report your issues tonight because:

24. TheBritton

Does the ROM seem faster than stock ICS to you? I'm thinking about trying it again. Someone said the Wireless Tether for Root users app doesn't work. Does it work for you?

25. TheBritton

Did you fully wipe caches (Dalvik included), format system, data etc? This may be an obvious question, just checking.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews