• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Liquid GingerBread 1.9- Really this time

I've been using the Chevy 1200 LV kernel (@1100) for a while with CM and earlier versions of LiqGin, but the Chevy kernel made it impossible to connect the phone to the PC via USB on the few occasions when I wanted to. With 1.85 is used the CorCor67 kernel which worked alright at 1100. The stock kernel with 1.90 seems to work alright for me. I haven't noticed any problems like poor battery life or excessive heat, so I think I will stay where I am unless I encounter something I dislike. I do wish that Chevy would fix the USB connection issue. It doesn't matter 99.9% of the time, but when I need it I'd like it to be there.

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble with data connection after some phone calls. This hasn't happened to me with any GB roms for a while now. Any suggestions?

Luckily I haven't had this problem in awhile either. Looks like a few are also reporting this in the thread from the OP. The only suggestion I can offer is to switch kernels. I had a terrible time with this stock kernel and switched to Chevy's and am running better than I have with any GB ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones