• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Liquid Gingerbread v.2.3. (7/13/11)

hey all, i migrated over from the Droid Eris section of the forum.
girlfriend gave it to me when she upgraded, first thing i did was root it.

i wanted to stick with Gingerbread and/or Cyanogenmod7, because i was using GingerShedBread on the Eris, this seemed like the most reliable one i could find. i flashed 2.1, but i've noticed that i would either not receive a text, or i wasn't prompted that a text came in. i've also missed phone calls without having my phone ring.

has anyone experienced this on 2.1? I'll be flashing 2.3 once i get home tonight, but i hope this isn't a recurring thing with Liquid.

Upvote 0
i wanted to stick with Gingerbread and/or Cyanogenmod7, because i was using GingerShedBread on the Eris, this seemed like the most reliable one i could find. i flashed 2.1, but i've noticed that i would either not receive a text, or i wasn't prompted that a text came in. i've also missed phone calls without having my phone ring.

has anyone experienced this on 2.1? I'll be flashing 2.3 once i get home tonight, but i hope this isn't a recurring thing with Liquid.

I haven't had the problem you mentioned with phone calls, but did have a problem with 2.1 where when I would answer a call it would go straight to speakerphone and the speakerphone couldn't be turned off.

As for text and text prompts...I very rarely text and when I do I use google talk...BUT the problem you mentioned seems to be common with 2.1. Others have indicated the solution is to lock the messaging app in the memory. To do this: settings-->liquid settings-->general-->lock activities--->check a custom lock box and then select the activity (i.e. application) and then select messaging.

Not sure if this problem has continued with 2.2 and 2.3 but 2.1 wasn't working well on my phone for various reasons.

Most importantly...welcome to the droid realm!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones