• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM: Liquid Gingerbread v1.2

YankeeDudeL

Android Expert
Oct 25, 2009
I just saw that it was posted in the v1.1 thread that a new LGB is out, so here ya go.

Liquid Gingerbread v1.2 Release - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

And here's the obligatory changelog:

************************ v1.2 Changelog (02/12/2011) ***********************

new gesture options in music app and mms app (credit cm)
lockscreen gesture builder is now fixed (credit cm & liquid)
rebuilt source code and synced as of 02/12/11 (credit liquid)
removed transparent dialer and replaced with stock (credit liquid)
album art placement on the lockscreen has been fixed (credit kmobs)
reverted to old DSPManager in this build due to issues (credit alankilla)
built from a hybrid of Google and CyanogenMod source (credit google & cm)
fixed compcache scripts from causing reboots when starting (credit liquid)
options to hide clock and show period in interface settings (credit liquid)
notification dropdown ongoing and notifications title fixed (credit liquid)
themes and images were optimized & system apps zipaligned (credit razielx23)
new side percent 10% battery mod and charging animations (credit liquid & jazzk)
new lockscreen background images and slider/rotary backgrounds (credit nmiltner)
tweaked build.prop values for smoother transition & faster preformance (credit liquid)
key shortcuts for rebooting and reboot to recovery removed from kernel (credit raidzero)
new 800mhz, 900mhz, 1000mhz, 1100mhz and 1200mhz kernels with new modules (credit raidzero)
default 1000mhz super lv kernel; compcache enabled & improved battery life (credit raidzero)
new lockscreen styles sense and lense are avaiable in lockscreen settings (credit sven dawitz)
light sensor range fixed and now ignores light sensor when torch is activated (credit nadablak)
new custom apps for search key and longpress search key in behavior settings (credit sven dawitz)
new Switch in Liquid Settings(Goodies) users can switch between stock & theme apks (credit liquid)
fixed rotary custom app icon & added options to control in lockscreen settings (credit sven dawitz)

I've only been running this a few hours so I'll need a day or so to fully evaluate it, but so far, so good. Snappy as you'd come to expect, I think perhaps even a lil moreso than 1.1, which was a very nice ROM. I was experiencing a prob when selecting images from my gallery in 1.1 that is not present in this, so I'm a happy camper.

1.1 also had amazing battery life. Jury is still out on this, but you can see for yourself some of the posts at DF and their opinions.

I guess all the devs had a slow weekend cause they all seemed to have the time to put out GB ROMs. My advice is to check em all out, make backups, and decide which one is best for you.

EDIT: I'd have to say that the battery life here is as good as it was on 1.1, which is def pretty good. With somewhat low usage (for me, anyway) it went a solid 20 hours before I was down to 5%.

Upvote 0
It's very fast and I haven't noticed any slow redraws, which I did experience in 1.1. It does still redraw, but is rather quick. I'd say there's a def improvement from the previous build to this one.

One thing I have noticed is that ever since I've been on GB, LauncherPro has to redraw frequently. It used to be where if I checked "keep home in memory", it wouldn't happen unless restarted LP. But now, it doesn't matter and it's kinda driving me nuts. It could be something with LP itself, it did update around the time I went to a stable GB ROM.

There's one quirk that is also making me pull my hair out, but I'm thinking it may be GB and not so much the ROM (I'll find out when I flash UD, later). My Droid is rebooting pretty often with these ROMs when I try to wake the phone. See, I'm having a prob with my power button. I think the spring might be broke, and it can be a pain to actually depress the button. So I've been cheating and just sliding the keyboard out and back in real quick. Back when they were still working the kinks out of GB, that was an issue that caused reboots. I believe that was eventually worked out, but that could be the culprit.

Upvote 0
I have been using 1.1 for a few days now and I am really enjoying it. Probably fixing to go ahead and make the jump to 1.2. Has anyone heard anything on any themes for this ROM. I know that it is still really early, but I am just curious. The green color that 1.1 is plagued with is kinda driving me nuts.

Ben

Upvote 0
I have been using 1.1 for a few days now and I am really enjoying it. Probably fixing to go ahead and make the jump to 1.2. Has anyone heard anything on any themes for this ROM. I know that it is still really early, but I am just curious. The green color that 1.1 is plagued with is kinda driving me nuts.

Ben

check out the liquid forum on droidforums.net. they have a thread for the themes. and the keyboard on 1.2 is not green! lol

Upvote 0
It's very fast and I haven't noticed any slow redraws, which I did experience in 1.1. It does still redraw, but is rather quick. I'd say there's a def improvement from the previous build to this one.

One thing I have noticed is that ever since I've been on GB, LauncherPro has to redraw frequently. It used to be where if I checked "keep home in memory", it wouldn't happen unless restarted LP. But now, it doesn't matter and it's kinda driving me nuts. It could be something with LP itself, it did update around the time I went to a stable GB ROM.

There's one quirk that is also making me pull my hair out, but I'm thinking it may be GB and not so much the ROM (I'll find out when I flash UD, later). My Droid is rebooting pretty often with these ROMs when I try to wake the phone. See, I'm having a prob with my power button. I think the spring might be broke, and it can be a pain to actually depress the button. So I've been cheating and just sliding the keyboard out and back in real quick. Back when they were still working the kinks out of GB, that was an issue that caused reboots. I believe that was eventually worked out, but that could be the culprit.

Hey Yankee, in reguards to your LP redraws, that sounds like it might be an issue with GB roms and our memory constraints on the OG Droid. Not to familier with this rom but does it have options like CM7 to play with the VM Heap and such? If it does then I would suggest setting those to the highest you can and see if that doesn't help the re-draws.

If the rom doesn't have those options you can get them with JRummy's Root Tools app which is a steal at 1.00 on the Market. (It does a lot)...

Also as for the reboots, that might be a kernel issue I know that when I first switched over to GB roms I was noticing the LV kernels I was using started causing some reboots until I switched to a higher voltage / lower speed. Not sure why that would change but it seems that what worked well on Froyo doesn't work well on GB.

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0
Hey Yankee, in reguards to your LP redraws, that sounds like it might be an issue with GB roms and our memory constraints on the OG Droid. Not to familier with this rom but does it have options like CM7 to play with the VM Heap and such? If it does then I would suggest setting those to the highest you can and see if that doesn't help the re-draws.

If the rom doesn't have those options you can get them with JRummy's Root Tools app which is a steal at 1.00 on the Market. (It does a lot)...

Also as for the reboots, that might be a kernel issue I know that when I first switched over to GB roms I was noticing the LV kernels I was using started causing some reboots until I switched to a higher voltage / lower speed. Not sure why that would change but it seems that what worked well on Froyo doesn't work well on GB.

Yes it does, so I went ahead and put changed it from 24m to 40m. Right next to it, I also saw a "keep home in memory" option, which I had unchecked. I have it checked in LauncherPro preferences, but I don't know if the discrepancy between the two could cause an issue.

As far as the reboots, I think it's a quirk with the keyboard. Since it's hard for me to depress my power button, I've started sliding the keyboard in and out quite a bit. It doesn't restart every time, but that's when it seems to. I haven't noticed it a single time when actually using the power button, and I've started paying attention to it.

I was gonna flash UD, but I guess I gotta see how these settings will affect the ROM. Thanks for all your help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones