1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM] liquid thunderbread 2.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digdug1, Jul 23, 2011.

1. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Yeahha, SolidOrange and scotty85 like this.
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Looks like I will have something to flash tonight.

In the change log he states "hybrid custom gingerbread source built fresh and synced as of 07/21/11 (credit cm & google)" I wonder if this is part of chingy's leak or is it something different?

3. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

Prolly just synced with cm's latest. Chingys rom is our ota... it wont have anything to do with AOSP. Its the same 2.3.4 underneath all that sense ;)

Nexus s is getting an update to 2.3.5. Maybe cm is allready updating to that...

Yeahha likes this.
  4. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Ouch. While this rombid butter smooth as always, GPS is definitely broken. I hope liquid posts a fix soon.

5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Okay, my brain must not be working right today. I saw the info about the nexus s update coming soon so that makes sense. And yeah I know it is the same if you stripped away HTC's idea of what android should be.

6. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I feel like such a traitor every time I run this ROM. Maybe I would feel better about it if he credited CM and slayer at the top somewhere instead of hidden in the middle considering this is pretty much a complete rip of CM, just smaller with a few different tweaks.

7. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I've been running liquid roms since the D1, he does give credit in the credits area which is more than some devs have in the past (ultimate droid or black droid), and I have always like liquid's roms better than CM for some reason. I am going hold off on this rom until the GPS gets fixed, I don't like how disjointed liquid's roms are now, it seems like he posts them on XDA and then there is no news of what is coming, even his website is barren of news. I would rather have a dev that is somewhat involved in the threads on their rom but I am probably just looking at the wrong website, how many tbolt sites are there where rom/radio/root stuff gets posted now? 5?

8. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Yea I know he credits them. I just think if you're going to make an AOSP ROM you should go about it the OMFGB way and create something completely different than CM. Just my opinion. I liked LTB when I ran it, I just felt the lack of support was an issue and would rather just run CM.

9. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

I have no problems with devs "kanging" from others. Especially if they credit their sources like liquid always has.

Did he copy from cm, of course just as others have.:rolleyes: It's his tweaks that I enjoy.

Bottom line is that liquid is a top notch dev and I love his roms. They perform well on my devices.

10. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

So I flashed 2.4, I decided to wipe /system along with everything else and GPS is working for me (at least per my weatherbug) I haven't used any other GPS services but I really don't use them much (I drive a 2 wheeled vehicle so navigation is not too easy to use).

I also flashed the caelum stellar edition theme and damn does it look sweet.

11. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Dang. I'm glad its working for you but I wiped everything also and mine didn't work at all. I may have to terry later.

12. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

No it stopped, seems odd, it will have me in Charlotte or one of the surrounding cities sometimes then it will decide I am in Mobile Alabama or somewhere in England later, no clue what is going on with it but it doesn't really matter at this point.

13. droidi

droidi Member

i have 2.3 should i update to 2.4? Doesn't look like any major to update yet...

14. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

I'd wait for 2.5. I think I read in the changelog Liquid used a new base for 2.4 and I think that's what's causing the problems.

Should be worked out in the next version.

I might switch over from CM7 when 2.5 is released. 2.3 was damn smooth..

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews