• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom manager .apk

Yeah, my phone is completely functional, my market just doesn't work. When I try to download something it just stays on "starting download" . I'm trying to do my first nandroid backup to load a new Rom. I rooted with unrevoked.

you dont need rom manager for that, these features are already available to you if you rooted via unrevoked

power down and boot to recovery (voldown + power then select recovery)

it should take you to clockworkmod recovery v2.5.0.7
there should be a backup and restore menu where you can initiate a nandroid backup

there is also an option to flash zip from sdcard so you can flash your rom from there

just remember after you do the nandroid backup, do a wipe/factory reset from recovery before flashing the new rom

Reactions: Lyons092 and SUroot
Upvote 0
So i can perform a nandroid backup without having the recovery image installed?

Well rom manager doesn't flash clockworkmod recovery (although the option to flash clockworkmod recovery implies it does). It just puts update.zip on your SD card and boots and applies that.

However, its not relevant if you used unrevoked and flashed clockworkmod recovery in the rooting process.

As mentioned earlier:

power down and boot to recovery (voldown + power then select recovery)

Reactions: Lyons092
Upvote 0
Guys,
I have different phone LG P505.
Rooted(have superuser app). Installed rom manager, saved or at least tried to save current image. No other option worked. Manually deleted some stuff and surely something what i shouldn't. Market doesn't work at all anymore. I do need ROM Manager apk to try to restore saved and may be something else cause apparently i didn't do right actions on the first place. PWR ON with vol down just starts phone.

Upvote 0
Yeah, my phone is completely functional, my market just doesn't work. When I try to download something it just stays on "starting download" . I'm trying to do my first nandroid backup to load a new Rom. I rooted with unrevoked.

I hope this isn't stating the obvious, (although even the obvious slips my mind from time to time) but..
I was experiencing the same problem until I realised I had Data Saving switched on on my Atrix 4G, so it wouldn't download anything that size until I was connected to Wifi (I was trying to download it via USB reverse tethering, my first venture into this with the Android Tool...) - As soon as I turned off Data Saving, it D/Ld straight away. :)

Upvote 0
Hey, could someone possible post the apk for free rom manager? For some reason the market on my phone isn't working, and I really need rom manager lol. Thanks!

Thank you! Yes, me too. I want it. Nevermind hassling me about WHY my market isn't working. :mad: Just tell me where I can get APKs easily that I can put on my sdcard and then install on my phone. ;)

Oh, you want to know why my market doesn't work? Because I have a CHINESE PHONE and the software was purposefully designed to block GOOGLE PLAY. I can't read Chinese. I have to download and manually install .apk files from 3rd party sources because the jerks at google decided that I must REGISTER MY DEVICE with them before I can download a free .apk. Guess what? Mainland Chinese ROMS will not let you register anything with google, and they hardly let apps like Google maps work. I've spent over a year dealing with issues that could only be resolved by finding a 3rd party source for an .apk. Now I'm back in the states, and want to wipe this phone and get a US ROM working.

.......so, instead of hassling (dude, why isn't your market working? :smokingsomb:) the guys who are asking for an .apk that is NOT from the Google play store, how about just HELPING US OUT OR REAL? I don't want my multiple markets fixed, because they can't be fixed. I want my phone wiped, but I need to install a ROM manager manually before I can flash my phones.

If there is a better way :thinking: to deal with a Chinese ROM, let me know! Thanks!

Upvote 0
I can't tell you where to get the ROM Manager apk. But I must warn you that the app is dangerous on phones which are not explicitly supported. If you have an off-brand Chinese phone and the recovery has not been built specifically for it then it won't work and can be very harmful (some unsupported Samsungs have been permanently bricked by people trying to use ROM Manager regardless, for example).

I suggest asking in the Android Lounge or Other Phones forum, giving as much info as you can about the phone, if you really want to root it and install a ROM. But those devices often have little support available I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones