1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rom manager app questions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zx12richard, Dec 25, 2011.

1. zx12richard

zx12richard Android Enthusiast

I've been rooted for a while but I'm afraid to try new rom because I don't know how to install. I have rom manager which roms our best to try and how do I install one?? And if I do try 1 and it doesn't work how do I put my phone back the way it was? Thanks all the help is appreciated some of us just don't have a natural figure it out skills.

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

First I would not even worry with rom manager

What recovery do you have?

As far as best ROMs depends on what you like I think The most popular is MikG a lot of people around here like it. Check out the ROMs and Kernels sticky up top.

You always always always want to do a Nandroid before doing anything to your phone. A nandroid will return your phone back to the condition it was in before you changed ROMs. NOTE THIS IS SOFTWARE ONLY. If something happends to your hardware a Nandroid probably wont be of help.

Also you will want to backup your phone with Titanium Backup. Just when doing a Restore from Titanium backup on a new rom never ever restore System DATA. You may restore user app data.

Read the flash guide in my sig it will explain the process

cowboy77792 and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

first off happy xmas and have a merry new year, welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i agree with argedion, never use rom manager. it is way to buggy and causes more issues then they are worth. do everything in recovery. also i would ditch clockwork mod recovery as well and switch to amon ra.

please read the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. it has sections on how to switch recoveries and then how to flash roms. it also has argedion's very thorough guide to flash roms properly.

also please feel free to ask questions if you have them.

argedion likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews