• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom Manager Backups

This rubix sounds pretty cool i never downloaded a rom, but I'm all set I think. Do I need to be deodexed? but I think it says the rom already is. And do download it from your phone or from the pc?

You do not have to be deodexed. The ROM is already deodexed if you want to theme it. Download it from where ever is the most convenient for you but remember the version in Rom Manager is outdated.

GMB

Upvote 0
Any other ROMs you would recommend? If the ROMs in ROM Manager are dated, doesn't that make the app pointless?

It didn't used to be. ROM Manager was an incredibly valuable resource on the Droid1 and the Incredible for me. But it just doesn't seem to get much love on the DX :(

I would recommend Rubix Blurry or Rubix Focused. They have been my favorites so far.

GMB

Reactions: G.Armour
Upvote 0
There are a few apps that'll save your call log and texts, just start hunting on the market. Hope your baby gets feeling better GMB

I bought Titanium Backup because I thought it could do that :(

Thanks for all the help! I have learned a lot. I went back to my stock this morning but I am not done playing yet! So, for the new Blurry I have to SFB to a newer version first?

Upvote 0
This is what his notes say:

ONLY LOAD THIS IF YOU ARE RUNNING THE NEW LEAK FROM P3DROID YESTERDAY! IF YOU ARE NOT, YOUR MEDIA WILL NOT WORK

Just steer clear of that release for the time being. Only a few people I know have loaded it and it can be disastrous if you don't know what you are doing.

You need to stick to Focused 1.8.9 or Blurry 1.5.2

GMB

Upvote 0
GMB, no love for Fission?

If that is in regards to my previous post I should have been more clear that I wasn't telling him that Rubix is the only ROM he should be trying. I just meant if he is looking for RubiX in particular those are the 2 he should be flashing and neither of the LEAK ONLY builds.

Now my personal preference? I have tried Fission and ApeX and Kennedy (lol) in the past but something about RubiX just keeps pulling me back. SO far I have tried every ROM available for the DX except the new leak and I am still debating on that one. RubiX has my heart for the time being :D

GMB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones